[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning vs Evening Workouts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: GifOfThickRussianGuy.gif (3MB, 256x259px) Image search: [Google]
GifOfThickRussianGuy.gif
3MB, 256x259px
>be me, collegefag, 20
>after settling in for the first two weeks, decide to go to the university's gym and finally resume my lifting
>walk in
>easily 150+ people cramped into a gym made for 100 people
>it's not even worth it at this point, I'd have to wait 10 minutes in between different exercises
>go back to the dorm

My two options are:
>lift later in the evening (8:00)
>lift in the morning before class

My goal is to gain weight. Would lifting early in the morning hinder my weight gain?

I would eat a breakfast beforehand and also eat something afterwards, most likely a protein shake with berries, milk, and a banana... but is that enough to put on weight still?

What is /fit/'s advice?
>>
Find another gym
>>
>>42828118
Can't. Won't. No car at school, and the gym is free for me.
>>
>>42828053
>but is that enough to put on weight still?
Depends on TDEE and CICO/Thermogenic Effect of Food
>>
>>42828053
>Would lifting early in the morning hinder my weight gain?

Weights aren't people, so they aren't lighter in the morning anon
>>
Nice excuses
>>
>>42828139
can you explain for someone retarded like me?
>>
>>42828053
When I was in law school I would go to the gym at either 5:30 am or 9pm.

Both times were fucking amazing. It was at a large university, too. Any other time was a fucking crap shoot that would cause me to be stuck in there for 3 hours.
>>
Nah anon you're fucked.

Lifting in the morning will severely hinder your strength and muscle gains the same as lifting later in the evening will.

Earths gravitational pull is lighter in the morning (this is why people are taller in the morning, less gravity pulling them down) and nights, so the weight will be far less and your force of power will be weaker.

You can still make gains but it will take more months of work.
>>
>>42828236
you almost had me.
>>
>>42828053
Damn that's like 120kg ohp
>>
File: IMG_7554.jpg (164KB, 640x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7554.jpg
164KB, 640x957px
>>42828053
Last week I changed my schedule around to workout in the AMs. I get up at 5:30, gym at 6:30.

So far it's working out great, had a great squat session today.
>>
>>42828215
Your total daily energy expenditure, how much energy you are burning. The base is your Basal Metabolic Rate, which you burn just by existing, and then the activity on top of that combines with your BMR for your TDEE

The Thermogenic Effect of Food (TEF), is how much energy it takes to digest food. Like the myth of celery, or any food, having "negative calories" because it takes more energy to "eat" it than the food contains. This is important when comparing whole unprocessed food, which need more energy to process, vs. processed foods, which have been pre-processed and since you're using a lot less energy to digest them, more calories are absorbed

To build muscle/gain lean mass, the conventional wisdom is that you need to eat at a surplus, I've seen 250cals a day to 1000+ depending on the person, though this could change if you're a fatass and it's possible that with noob gains adipose tissue could be lost and there could be a concurrent gain in lean mass
>>
>>42828215
Use this calculator and get your TDEE (The caloric needs of your body to maintain it's current weight).
If you want to lose weight, you eat less than that. If you want to gain weight, you eat more than that. That's all.
>>
>>42828215
>>42828474
Ops, forgot the link:
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>>
>>42828474
>>42828481
>not posting scooby's workshop calc
>http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
>>
>>42828129
Confirmed not going to make it. Find another gym. Run there for your cardio. What the fuck are you doing with your life?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.