[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long before I see gains with this routine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Depositphotos_12582372_original.jpg (409KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Depositphotos_12582372_original.jpg
409KB, 2048x1365px
Been lifting on/off for about 4 years, how much gains can I expect to make with this routine? It's for a firefighter physical exam

Mon/Wed/Fri

Warm up 10min
Dynamic stretching 5min

Circuit one serie per exercice, 30 sec rest between each exercise, 90 sec rest between each circuit serie. In () are my actual weights (r8 and h8)

1 Leg press 12/10/10 (160lbs)
Overhead press 12/10/10 (55lbs)
Lat pull down 12/10/10 (120lbs)
Dumbbell bench 12/10/10 (60lbs each hand)
Bent over rows 12/10/10 (45lbs)
Dumbbell squat 12/10/10 (50lbs each hand)
>>
Bumb
>>
>>42827201
Strength-wise nothing
Hypertrophy-wise decent, but sub-par to a UL
Conditioning-wise pretty good, but seems pointless to be doing a weightlifting routine for conditioning instead of doing conditioning at the end of an actual strength program.

Also, those are some pretty shitty numbers for 4 years, I can do more for OHP at 3 months as a skelly.
>>
>>42827297
They are, I've been lifting on/off and did a shit load of conditioning before. So I guess it's normal that I can't add weight? I feel I just stalled and I am still very exhausted at the end of the workout, no conditioning gains at all
>>
>>42827371
then why aren't you just doing ss instead you dummy?
>>
>>42827444
Because the coach that helps me with my program is the one that will evaluate me in the physical exam for the fire department. He created the tests and knows what I need to improve because of the hundreds of candidates that failed the test. Unless the workout is just a steaming pile of shit?
>>
>>42827489
The program you described is absolute garbage senpai
>>
>>42828031
How so? It will not help me, at all? This is the 1st phase, 2nd phase there will be squats, cleans and deadlifts
>>
as a firefighter, what physical exam? Instead of this pathetically light weight circuit junk, read the sticky. Starting Strength and weighted stair climbing will be a hundred times more effective at preparing you for this line of work.
>>
>>42828473
It's for a big fire department, the exam will be in November 2018. I am also a part time firefighter in a small town and around once a week, I do a big circuit with SCBA and bunker like stairclimbing with 3" hose pack, thrusters with dumbbells, farmer walks, sledgehammer work, fire flipping...I am not that big for this kund of job, 24 y/o 5'9 160lbs. I often compare myself with the other guys and I feel dwarfed and weak. I tried a shit load of programs but I said fuck it I'll pay someone that knows his stuff
>>
Final bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.