[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bud/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1490586445630.jpg (38KB, 338x395px) Image search: [Google]
1490586445630.jpg
38KB, 338x395px
How much does it bother you when someone calls you "bud", "buddy", or "boss"?
>>
I was a sperg as a kid and when people called me buddy I thought it was patronizing. Like they only called me that because they thought I had issues or something.

Now that I'm an adult it still makes me feel weird but I realized some people just call you buddy ... or I'm still a sperg
>>
When people call me boss, buddy, or bud, I think they're trying to start shit for no reason.
>>
>>42818389
fuckin this
>>
>>42818379
first post probably most accurate post. Some people genuinely use the word and others to degrade you desu.
>>
I don't associate with people who talk like fucking idiots. If you call me any of the above I'll walk away and never look in your direction again.
>>
>>42818368
Nah. Just keep in mind that is how they see you. To them you are the lil buddy. It's up to you to change that image. They most likely said that for a reason, if you are a small guy of course they are going to see you as the lil guy. Lucky for you OP there are ways for you to change that image. Be a fucking boss and you gonna silence them.
>>
i only call people bud when i'm being condescending
>>
>>42818389
Respond with a "Thanks, chief." They usually won't do it a second time (unless they genuinely call everyone bud).
>>
>>42818435
They always say things like "hey bud" or "thanks boss"
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
5e2.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
Held restroom door for a guy and he said "Appreciate it Boss."
>>
I only use "boss" or "bud" or "chief" patronizingly. I assume that's how other people use it.
>>
>>42818368

>Work at a gas station
>Guys always call be "bud" or "boss"
>Most are construction or outdoor workers

Most of them are on autopilot after picking it up from their jobs. They're common honorifics in construction, groundskeeping and waste disposal.
>>
>>42818368
in the hospital where i work as a nurse, im always called Doc, Doctor, or any variations of just "Nurse" it flatters me alot ofcourse! But luckily they dont say it patronizing as some people may call it.
>>
File: 97856656719.png (177KB, 282x350px) Image search: [Google]
97856656719.png
177KB, 282x350px
>>42818648
>honorifics

more like they're talking-down to you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.