[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck is wrong with my right shoulder and neck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20170910_171248.jpg (459KB, 1136x1323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170910_171248.jpg
459KB, 1136x1323px
what the fuck is wrong with my right shoulder and neck
>>
>>42812898
I wouldn't have noticed anything if you didn't point it out. and even now it's hard to notice. it's probably because you've been jerking off with your right hand your whole life.
>>
you just have uneven traps. literally probably 99% of people do too, if you pay attention. I think mine were do mostly to playing hockey and baseball for most of my life so they were stronger on that side. I got rid of em with dumbbell shrugs with even weight and it sorted itself out much quicker than i thought it would.

also dyel?
>>
File: IMG_0119.gif (777KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.gif
777KB, 432x360px
>>42812898
It looks like you're just tilting your head to one side
>>
>>42812908
i've already started jerking with both hands. how can i further fix this?
>>
>>42812898
Are u doing diddlys with mixed grip?
>>
>>42812898
see a chiropractor, you have some uneven muscles and its pulling shit out of wack, If he is a good doctor he will give you some exercises to do and tell you to lay off others to even out. you shouldnt have to go every few months for the rest of your life unless he is scamming you.
>>
>>42812942
stop jerking off completely with the side thats fucked up
>>
>>42812898
you dont lift
>>
>>42812930
started exercising at home recently
>>42812947
i did for other and for general exams and no one ever noticed this
>>
you have skellyosis
>>
Looks like possible scoliosis
>>
File: uneventraps.jpg (59KB, 445x562px) Image search: [Google]
uneventraps.jpg
59KB, 445x562px
>>42812930
this guy is right, this is what uneven traps look like
>>
>>42812943

This.
>>
>>42812943
I am now
>>
>>42813053
Stop, or this will happen to you. Watch carefully.
https://youtu.be/pZgxkE-2QAw
>>
>>42812898
it's because when you curl with right arm you use the arm muscle and you're in control
your left arm is weaker so you use back and trap muscle instead therefore it gets bigger
>>
it's from sitting at the computer and leaning to the side wh ile you use your mouse. sit up straight and place your peripherals so that your hands can be in similar positions while you work (or whatever it is you do all day at the computer, nerd).
>>
File: plumbline posture.jpg (12KB, 214x250px) Image search: [Google]
plumbline posture.jpg
12KB, 214x250px
>>42812898
It's not just your traps. You're translated through your trunk to your right side. The window between your right arm and torso is smaller than your left, the center of your face is not in line with your belly button, and your nipple line is uneven indicating you're leaning slightly to your right. The pic is hard to tell but you hips look mostly even, indicating it's more of a trunk translation than uneven hips. Probably just tight/more developed quadratus lumborum, and obliques on the right, or weakness of those muscles on the left. Probably from years of habitual standing posture (like bearing more weight on one side vs another when standing. something everyone does). I doubt its actually a spinal issue like scoliosis, but without a back image its hard to tell. A full image including your feet would help to confirm this, but not necessary. Just trying to help a bro out.
>>
>>42813889
this, post your feet OP
>>
>>42813104
What to do if grip is too weak then?? Before you suggest hook grip, that's still to weak.
>>
>>42814216
do double overhand. and stop doing so many singles if your grip can't handle it.

When attempting heavy singles or doubles and you are too tired to do double overhand, you can use straps. However using straps will guarantee you continueing to have bitch grip.

Do lots of forearm work to get a stronger grip.
>>
>>42814250
But singles aren't the problem, I do 5 rep sets and my grip can't handle it. I want to increase my grip but it's holding my deadlifts back.
>>
>>42814296
Then either deload or use straps. Using asymmetrical form that massively increases your risk of injury is not the answer.
>>
>>42813889
Yeah, post feet
>>
>>42814296
just hook grip you fag.
>>
File: IMG_20170910_195042.jpg (3MB, 2326x3699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170910_195042.jpg
3MB, 2326x3699px
>>42813889
sorry for not posting earlier
i do have a shit posture
>>
File: 1505069522808.jpg (2MB, 2326x3699px) Image search: [Google]
1505069522808.jpg
2MB, 2326x3699px
>>42814569
Breh, your shits fucked.
>>
>>42814655
my posture is really weird
sometimes its good and other times its fucked up
>>
File: IMG_20170825_232931.jpg (2MB, 3120x2152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_232931.jpg
2MB, 3120x2152px
here's another one
>>
File: Posture.jpg (2MB, 2326x3699px) Image search: [Google]
Posture.jpg
2MB, 2326x3699px
>>42814569
No worries. This took me a second to write. You're definitely shifting to your right. It almost looks like your bearing more weight on your right leg by shifting your pelvis to the right based on how your belly button is also shifted from midline between your feet. The arm window difference is more exaggerated in this pic too. Your hips still look pretty level, but i really can't tell without actually feeling the illiac crest is so thats a total guess. I'd say its a combo of having a tendency to shift weight bearing onto your right leg, and muscle imbalance through your trunk. It could imbalance between your right abdominals and right back muscles. Abs could be pulling you "in" and the back muscles are not competing enough to keep you upright and straight. Or it could be imbalance between just the right and left trunk muscles. Right side is tighter or more developed than the left giving your torso a ) shape.

You're also more rotated inward on your right shoulder. The palm of your hand faces more posterior and lies against the front of your leg instead of at your side like on your left. That is also going to give a perceived "drop" in the right trap and create the perception that your arm length is uneven. If you were just more pronated with that right hand your cubital fossas would have the same angle, but since the right is facing more inward its saying its a shoulder rotation.

I can't give you anything definite to "fix" per se. But odds are just about all of that can be corrected by just staying aware of how your standing, where your weight is going, and remembering to pull that right shoulder back into more external rotation. Like I said this is probably the result of how you've been standing your whole life. I wouldn't worry about it unless its causing pain or discomfort. Working on strengthening and stretching small muscles in the hips, glutes, and upper back could help even out imbalances too.
>>
>>42812942
"Shadow fap" with your fucked side.
>>
>>42813150
not op but how do you combat it
>>
>>42814569
>>42815146
I made this sound like you're totally fucked up, but if everyone had their posture analyzed we'd all be in the same boat. It's totally normal to be not symmetrical, and the only reason its ever a cause for concern is if a person is experiencing pain because of it. If you're looking to correct the aesthetics just focus on maybe strengthening the muscles responsible for external rotation in that right shoulder (rear delts, teres minor, supraspinatus, infraspiantus). Or just practice standing with that shoulder a little more "pulled back", and eventually you'll correct that habit. It's not easy to constantly be aware of your posture though hah.
>>
>>42815258
concentrate more when you curl, feel the muscle that's working when you lift, if you feel the trap is activated then consciously use the bicep to lift instead
if it's too heavy for the bicep then use lighter weight and focus on the control of movement

this is all based on my personal experience, so totally broscience, you decide whether it makes sense or not
i'm lifting 100% for aesthetics so these kind of things matter to me

and also, just look at OP's picture, the right bicep is bigger than the left
>>
I have this same shit. I think everyone does. I'm trying my best to fix myself though
>>
>>42812898
Human beings aren't 100% symmetrical. Your ears probably aren't exactly the same height either. This is normal.
>>
>>42815265
>>42815146
thanks guys. i will keep exercising and since i was to correct my posture in other ways, i should be able to fix it now
>>
>>42815526
thanks man
>>
>>42812898
You have been blessed with Genovaitis. It piss.
>>
skeeet
>>
>>42812898

Is that you, Mark?
>>
>>42815072

No more pictures, man. Wtf.
>>
>>42812898
hey i remember you, you don't workout and post update pictures of you naked outside with a tiny censor box
>>
>>42813675
This, happened to me too
>>
>>42812930
Wrong, look at his shoulder joints. My nephew has this, he is 7. I forgot the name of the condition, but my mother's boyfriend (father deceased) is a doctor and has been insisting for years that he receive corrective surgery while he is young. My sister is a "holistic healing" person who doesn't believe in most modern medicine next so won't do surgery for my nephew.

My mothers boyfriend cringes every time my nephew is played with in ways which involves him being held up by his hands and arms or anything that involves my nephew hanging. Never asked, but him why in particular, but I ASSUME that you lifting like that is a bad idea
>>
>>42819605
Lifting can correct body posture if done correctly.
Stretching is possibly more important.
>>
>>42819653
have a hunch back from too much computer time
pull ups make my back straight again
human body really is magical
>>
>>42813006
>>42812930
>>42812898
you all have winged scapulas you fucking retards
>>
>>42812898
Are you washing dishes a lot? Looks like one of your traps is overdeveloped.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.