[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is dancing as cardio? What are the best dances to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (70KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 700x394px
How viable is dancing as cardio?

What are the best dances to use? Keep in mind that the easiest way to get into dancing is simply going to a club in town. i.e. claiming the entire floor to start breakdancing so that I can inform the bouncer "it is the best danceform to burn calories" as he chucks me out is not an option.

I have got some experience in traditional ballroom dancing, but none of that burns calories to the degree that a good run or cycle would. Besides that waltzing along the club floor is as much of an option as breakdancing is.

Basically the problem is, dancing on my own where I can do whatever makes dancing pointless, as might as well just run or swim. Dancing in a social setting however seems to limit you to the fucking sidestep.
>>
>dancing for exercise
fucking retarded.
you should dance because dancing is fun.
if you're after health benefits, dancing is inefficient.
>>
Are you actually asking for zumba?
I thought that was just a silly meme.
>>
>>42804181
So why can't I do something fun for exercise? running, swimming, cycling etc. just bores me to tears.

>>42804301
No, not Zumba, it is hardly fucking dancing, it is to dancing what capoeira is to fighting.
>>
I roughly track my weekly exercise with a scoring system, and I give four hours of salsa dancing the same amount as 1/2 hour of running stairs.

Probably not really as good, but it does eventually make you sweat.
>>
>>42804424
yoo why don't you get into capoeira, that's dancing and it burns calories
>>
>Go to club
>Can't talk because untzuntzuntzuntz
>Nobody seems to want to dance
>Everybody is just bobbing their head to the beat with a drink in their hands aimlessly looking around
>Single guy filled to his eyeballs on a cocktail of mdma/coke/speed shuffling around like a madman knocking into people and generally not giving a fuck

Honestly, what is the point? I understand ballroom, you are at least intimately close with your dance partner. But dancing in a club? I have never seen anyone dance intimately there, getting intimate sure, but that has very little to do with dancing anymore.
>>
>>42804458
Because I am not Brazilian, also it is literally no contact. I like dancing because there is contact, it is what got me into ballroom dancing. Every girl who can properly ballroom dance can carry herself in a feminine way, so there is an encouraging lack of landwhales and a great amount of good looking, slim, fit girls. There is always a sexual element in ballroom dancing, I don't see how one could say the same about capoeira.
>>
File: 1499589061340.png (19KB, 392x532px) Image search: [Google]
1499589061340.png
19KB, 392x532px
>>42803737
take some amphetamines and rave for 12 hours my nigga
>>
>>42804544
>3x weekly
I am sure this will end well
>>
If I were you i would check what options I have in the city where I live and then try something out.
First thing that comes to mind is Swing, latino dances and Irish dancing
>>
>>42804458
Capoeira sucks and I am a BR. You are unworthy of my hues
>>
>>42804181
>you should dance because dancing is fun
fucking retarded, how old are you? grow the fuck up
>>
File: aeYKOHG.png (264KB, 340x399px) Image search: [Google]
aeYKOHG.png
264KB, 340x399px
>>42805480
Well said, my fellow mature patrician. These pathetic subhumans will never even hope to reach our level of sophistication.
>>
>>42804495

You go to these kinds of clubs to show your face and take some pictures. Anything you take home will have herpes.
>>
Try and get into West Coast swing, it's a "cooler" version of swing, and you actually could use it in a club, if the girl knows West Coast Swing (which is pretty much impossible to find unless you're at an event). A background in ballroom would help a lot

Otherwise learn East Coast swing, but the people who do that are weird as fuck
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.