[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>scapular winging how fix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Sca_2.jpg (157KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
Sca_2.jpg
157KB, 600x468px
>scapular winging

how fix?
>>
start lifting
>>
>>42801509
bump for interest
>>
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>42801509
Well my understanding is that it's caused by weakness in the serratus anterior ( or injury) so I'd say the best way to help it would be to build your seerratus with heavy overhead press and perhaps what I've discovered is great lately: overhead scapula shrugs.
>>
Unless you've injured yourself to cause the winging, it just means you got tiny ass trap muscles.
tldr either serious injury happened or you dont lift
>>
>>42801655
Alright Einstein I'm not OP but my traps have grown and my scapular winging has gotten more pronounced
>>
>>42801655
This.

I used to think i had scapular winging but i was just skinny and weak and didnt lift.
>>
>>42801670
stop benching and start rowing
>>
>>42801655
traps have nothing to do with it
>>42801694
that's not the solution. You need to strengthen seratus anterior, muscle that does scapular abduction and outer rotation.

A way to do that is to get in a push up position and with straight hand push yourself out even more. So that your upper back gets rounded and your scapulas move out (protact scapulas). Then back down, arms stay extended whole time.
The exercise is called push up plus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpjn0JM_mi4

Bench doesn't work that muscle because when you bench your scapulas are and stay retracted. Rowing won't work it either, because it works opposite muscles.
>>
>>42801509
Serratus anterior is responsible for pulling the scapulae against the torso. Strengthen that. Could be nerve damage to the long thoracic nerve that is causing weak serratus and winging. If you seem unable to strengthen that muscle see a physical therapist.
>>
>>42801644
Overhead movements exaggerates scapula winging
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.