[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

low cal flavorings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ft-greene-farms[1].jpg (34KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
ft-greene-farms[1].jpg
34KB, 750x500px
Other than hot sauce, mustard and salsa, what else can you add to lean meat to make it taste good while remaining low in calories? I'm eating leaner cuts of meat which taste a lot more bland and unsatisfying despite the plethora of spices I use.
>>
>>42796313
I like to use just a dash of salt and a little chipotle powder, myself. Chipotle has this great smoky heat, and personally I just love the smell of it.
>>
ROOSEEEMARRYYY and thyme
>>
>>42796343
Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
>>
For something like chicken, you'll wanna make a sauce, so balance it out with a light lunch or a smaller portion. Western family sells red or green Thai curry concentrate. 400 ml of coconut milk per 5 tablespoons. Bring to a boil, throw in diced chicken and mixed veggies and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over rice.
>>
Soya sauce for bonus umami.
>>
>>42796342
>>42796343
>>42796354

I already use salt, pepper, chipotle, thyme and onion powder. It still doesn't give much body to the meat.

>>42796388
The coconut milk alone is nearly 1000 calories...
>>
Season it right or let it marinate or something.

Ramsay is a pretty fit chef and his youtube videos are pretty entertaining. See if you can get some ideas on how to flavour meat from there.
>>
>>42796313
I've marinated lamb chops in greek yogurt, turmeric, and curry. Get a little extra lean protein in there.
>>
>>42796562
>The coconut milk alone is nearly 1000 calories..

Than eat less, you don't have to eat everything you cook in one sitting anon
>>
>>42796603
>Ramsay is a pretty fit chef

Botox, TRT, hardly eats anything, runs around a lot. He's tall but DYEL as hell.
>>
>>42796775
>Than eat less, you don't have to eat everything you cook in one sitting anon

Are you a woman? How small do you have to be for a meal like that to last multiple meals?
>>
>>42796562
Get a Weber kettle, some lump charcoal and a bag of wood chips if you don't have seasoned hardwood near you.

Spank me later.
>>
>>42796562
Nigga the fuck? It's not that hard. Lemons/limes, zest and juice. Small amounts of or dried garlic, green onions, ginger. Soy sauce (or aminos if you're rich), white vinegar. Traditional dry aromatic spices like tumeric, saffron, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme, basil, mint, dill, taragon, sage, bay leaves, star anise. Pungent spices like cayenne, paprika, cardamom, celery/mustard seeds. Throw pickled vegetables on it. Cook things with other things, like mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, celery, mustard greens... Marinate, brine, etc. You'd really be surprised how easy it's to make meat taste good unless you're absolutely fucking it up or if your body has already been conditioned to think everything is bland.
>>
>>42796313
Aww yuss
>>
>>42796912
my nigga, also mustard
>>
>>42796853
I live in an apartment and don't have a porch or balcony that I could smoke/grill meat on

>>42796900
wow suggestions of things I already use
>>
>>42796900
chicken breast tastes like shit despite all of this
>>
Tomatillos. The inside is sour but the outside is a slightly sweeter bell pepper.
>>
>>42797300
salsa made with tomatillos is very tasty
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.