[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Gym kinnda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

what the fuck do I do now? Seriously, what can I do with what I have to maximize time and results? Currently only have a TRX strap, 2x 25lb dumbells, a bar with a basic set (5lbx4, 10lbx2, 25lbx2), plate carrier with 14lbs of plates, jump rope and some bands. Just body weight shit up to this point, what else can I throw in the mix.
>>
I could always add more but don't want to waste a lot on random shit I might not need.
>>
>>42795887
I want to focus mainly on dopping about 50lbs by March and gennerlly getting back into lifting again. I work in law enforcement and this current tempo at the department is kicking my ass so I only put in maybe an hour or so after work before I knock out or spend time with the kiddo.
>>
>>42795887
>>42795909
>>42795933

>shit I might not need.

Amigo, do you know where you are? I'll give you a Cliff's notes of things to come:

-You lose weight with diet. If you don't have your diet in check, no amount of calisthenics and light-weight play is gonna save you.
-An hour a day is more than enough. By far.
-Arguably, what you have now is shit you don't need. It'll improve conditioning, but minimally. And you're not building mass or strength...minor muscular endurance at best.
-Get a cage (squat stand, half cage, full cage...deals exist), get a flat bench, get an olympic barbell, get a basic set of olympic plates.
-Now, get on a basic beginner program that's periodized for linear progression. Fuck-around-itis will get you nowhere fast.
-Read the sticky.

All replies after this are straight-up trollin'.
>>
>>42796022
Pretty much this
>>
Replace trx with rings checkout reddit bodyweigjt fitness and use barbell for legs and ohp. Problem solved
>>
>>42796022
appreciate the advice, just in the last week I've gotten back into meal prepping so hopefully, that does the trick.
>>42796138
whats ohp by the way?
>>
>>42796022
any program for linear progression that comes to mind for a beginner btw?
>>
>>42796225
Overhead Press
>>
>>42796231
Several are listed in the sticky. Starting Strength is mocked around here but it's a good place to start. Stronglifts works well, as do others listed. You want something that has you doing mostly compounds, and you want to do 3-4 days a week of lifting for the first 6-12 months. At that point, you can do a more advanced program or do your own programming.
>>
>>42796406
sounds like a plan. Do you guys think wearing the vest while jogging is a meme or actually worth it?
>>
>>42796702
what vest? If it's what I'm thinking then it's useless. You'll sweat more....which you will replenish again when you drink water
>>
>>42796702
Weight vest or the insulated sweat vest?

The sweat vest is for losing water weight before a weigh-in. It's not a useful training tool for anything else. Enough dehydration will kill you. Your kidneys clean any "toxins" out of your body, not sweating...so yeah. Don't bother.

If weight vest? Notice how everyone in the military has shit knees? It's from running/shuffling with a load on your back. Not worth it.
>>
>>42796760
>>
>>42796850
i do have a sweatsuit as well
>>
>>42797321
>i do have a sweatsuit
That will help you sweat. If that's what you want, go for it.

I would invest in a quality speedsuit, if you wanna go fast.
(And drink more milk for healthy bones and tasty proteins.)
>>
>want to lose weight
Losing weight is about diet.
You should buy a rack to go with your bar.
Get on a program depending on your goal aka read the sticky
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.