[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exercise vs diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hacce.jpg (7KB, 168x94px) Image search: [Google]
hacce.jpg
7KB, 168x94px
Can you brute-force fitness through exercise? I.e., can you ignore calorie composition (ratios of fats to proteins to carbs &c,) as long as you manage total number of calories and exercise with sufficient optimalness and rigor?
>>
>>42792447
No
>>
>>42792457
Really? I have read many sources saying that calories-in vs. calories-out is much more important than the actual composition of calories. Is it really essential that I track how much of each type of nutrient I am taking in, or does that just make it easier?
>>
>>42792447
Diet is infinitely more important. Think about this, two teams of people are each trying to build a house,

>team 1
>bunch of dipshits who don't know what they're doing
>have all the tools and materials they need

>team 2
>knowledgeable contractors who actually know how to build a house
>no materials or tools

Team 1 will probably fuck up but at least they have a chance to build a house, that's good diet with shitty exercise routine. Team 2 absolutely won't build a house, that's doing a perfect exercise regimen without enough calories and protein.
>>
i must be in opposition guys
only macro i track is protein, i dont even count calories
yet i am getting bigger and stronger each month
and i do this two years straight
with lifting six times/week for 3 hours you cant get fat
>>
>>42792502
I understand the necessity of having a correct overall amount of calories. But is it really NECESSARY (note that I am not saying better/easier) to track the amounts of each nutrient within the overall calorie levels?
>>
What is your favorite junk food, OP? Mine is good old cheap ramen. Each pack has 200 calories. In order to undo eating one pack of ramen which would take 5 mins, tops, I would need to do cardio for 2 straight hours.
>>
>>42792514
This is what I suspected, but I wanted to check before I took any concrete steps. I know it would be easier and I would make faster progress by tracking each nutrient individually, but honestly it feels like a lot of hassle.
>>42792533
Shitty fast food. Chick Fil A. Panda Express. Checkers.
>>
>>42792533
200 calories is like 30 minutes of WALKING.
>>
>>42792528
>NECESSARY (note that I am not saying better/easier) to track the amounts of each nutrient
No, but you should at least track protein. Muscles are made from protein, so if you eat 4000 calories of fat and carbs but don't get an appropriate amount of protein you won't build muscle.

Tracking the other macros is helpful but not as vital if you just want to build some muscle.
>>
>>42792447
Eh, depends on what you specifically mean by this
If you mean eating fucking random trash food, but just counting your calories, you will not build any muscle. You arent getting your protein, you arent getting your essential micronutrients, etc. You can do it if you add in some protein shakes and vitamin and mineral supplements and live off of that and get results, but that fucking sucks. Real food is too good for me to pass on it.
>>42792514
Eh, when you get further into the lifting game, you will realise that you need to be on a calorie proficit to really gain any strength and size and that you need to get on a calorie deficit to get shredded. Noobie gains only carry you so far. If you are a fat guy who is trying to get /fit/, cutting out junk and lifting and getting those newbie gains will get you decent results at first, but then its bulking and cutting as usual. If you are a skinny guy trying to get stronger, making sure that you consistently get enough protein in through your food and lifting for those newbie gains, you will get decent results. But thats it, thats just what you do as a noob. Beyond that, you gotta go and do shit properly.
>>
>>42792545
just try to eyeball protein and dont overdo it on fat, certainly overdo it on carbs
fat makes you fat , not carbs
>>
>>42792614
i am at 90kg/140kg/180kg/250kg at 86kg /1,8 m bro, surely not a novice or newbie
dont bulk, dont cut just eat till i am full everyday
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.