[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_8428.jpg (338KB, 1616x1572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8428.jpg
338KB, 1616x1572px
Hamster edn.

Will I lose significant muscle if I cut at a rate of 1kg per week?

>lifting heavy
>high protein and ideal diet

Im not obese, Im around 15% body fat wanting to do this cut for nearly 3 months until 10% body fat.
>>
I'm doing SL 5x5 and I want to add Romanian Deadlifts to help my regular deadlift and work a little more my hammies/grip strength but I don't know what day to add them, should I do them on day A when I do Squats-OHP-Deadlifts or day B when I do Squats-BP-Bent Over Rows?
>>
>>42790763
Day A makes more sense to me. As in, if you did Romanian DLs on your day B it might hinder your proper 1x5 deadlift when day A rolls around
>>
>>42790609
What program should be better for strength and mass gain: legs for example:

Program A:
Squats : 5x5*
Front squats: 5x5*
Deadlifts: 3x5*
Trap bar deadlifts: 5x5*
Leg press: 4x8-12
Smith machine calf raises : 4x8-12

Program B:
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Leg press : 4x8-12
Seated leg curl: 4x8-12
Seated leg extention : 4x8-12
Smith machine calf raises: 4x8-12

* indicates that the exercice is ended with a couple of extra sets within the hypertrophy range (w lower load ofcourse)
>>
>>42790609

Just try it and see. If your lifts begin to drop, you better cut back on the cutting.
>>
Im doing a 4 day split upper body and leg day. Im cutting until my abs appear.
Which schedule is better ?
ABxABxx or ABxAxBx ?
>>
I've been doing keto for a while now and it's been going great. I've actually been a little liberal with my cheating but I'm still losing weight at a decent pace. What gives?
>>
>>42790763
If you want to get better at deadlift then do deadlifts. No reason for that kind of accessory work when you're a beginner. Put in the work and stop expecting instant results.
>>
>>42790609
I'm thinking of running texas method, by only worry is the lack of pressing/benching volume depending on the week. How much of this can I compensate for with accessory work? should I work accessories that complement the main pressing motion of the week, ie. bench acc. with bench week? or work the opposite, ie. press acc. work on bench week? either way I'll be using accessory work to support my weak point in both lifts.
I was thinking something like this
Week 1 - Bench
Monday bench 5x5
Wednesday DB bench 5x5
Friday bench 5x1 new 5RM, 5x5 bench at 80% 5RM
Week 2 - Press
Monday press 5x5
Wednesday DB press/push press 5x5
Friday press 1x5 new 5RM, 5x5 press at 80% 5RM
is this going to be enough direct volume? or do i need to change my plans on mon/wed/fri? Bear in mind this will also be with other accessory work, such as BB rows, dips, pull ups, etc.
>>
>>42790924
im curious. if your lifts stay the same or even increase during drastic cuts of like 1kg a week, does that mean youre not losing muscle? inb4 im stupid.
>>
When Dumbell Benching how far down should you go? i currently only go down til me arms are parallel to the floor
>>
Is indoor rowing acceptable cardio to replace running on treadmill? I love rowing far more then treadmilling
>>
How much/what type of cardio on a stationary bike should I do after lifting for fat loss?
>>
>>42791201
I'm also trying to do more sets with lower weight while warming up to my max and after my max, I thought the Romanian Deadlifts would help my hamstrings and grip strength even if it was with lower weight and fewer sets
>>
>>42791285
its hard to say for sure you're not losing muscle, it could be that your muscles are simply getting more "efficient", but more than likely yes you're not losing muscle
but if you're cutting 1kg a week and not losing strength for an extended period of time you should have cut long before then
>>42791337
yes, i see no reason why not. both raise your heart rate and are more or less a areobic activity, i would think rowing would probably be better than running
>>42791302
depends on your goals, I prefer to go as deep as I can to work more of the ROM, but if you just want to benefit your main lifts then mimic your main lifts, ie. go as low as you have to go in your BB bench
>>42791347
as much as it takes, medium intensity endurance work or HIIT. i would think hiit would be better
>>
Why my back dont feel sore as much as the rest of my body after i work out? Im doing something wrong?
>>
>>42790609
Try it but yes a bigger deficit = more likely to lose muscle. The slower the cut the better.
>>42790763
Day A
>>42790893
Any strength-based routine (higher weight, lower rep) will be fine. Don't stress about the details, but if you want to get stronger at certain lifts make sure you actually do those lifts and make progress.
>>42790926
ABxABxx seems more logical, but that assumes your intensity per week is the same regardless. Would the extra rest day between the second A and B allow you to work harder during B? Would the lack of two rest days in a row make you do less on the next week's first A and B?
>>
>>42791362
I'm currently cutting and lost 5 pounds so far in about a month.

My squat PR went up and overall I feel better, bench is declining however.
Was there any correlation to my strength and fat? When I was fatter did it mean I'm weaker?

Bench is irrelevant to this matter cause I barely bench. More worried about my squat.
>>
File: workout.png (20KB, 361x655px) Image search: [Google]
workout.png
20KB, 361x655px
I'm a beginner trying to pick a program and I've done hours of research on various common ones posted around, but I just feel most beginner programs have far to little volume/exercises compared to intermediate.

For instance, Greyskull (from the book that is) only has you doing two exercises a day and SS has you doing 3 (which barely affect the upperbody).

So far the one with reasonable volume seems to be Ice Cream Fitness but judging what everyone says about Jason Blaha I'm not sure if it is a good program. Is there any beginner program that offers more volume than SL/SS/GSLP that focuses on the whole body evenly (i.e. not dominated by squats/DLs)?

Here is one I thought of but obviously I have zero authority on the matter, all are chosen from the accessories in Greyskull, but I'm guessing it is far too much volume and I'd be in the gym for at least 2 hours, but at least it hits every muscle group every time I'm in the gym.
>>
>>42791099
Calories in are lower than calories out so you're losing weight.
As you stay in a calorie deficit for an extended period of time, your metabolism (part of calories out) slows down, this is especially true as you get leaner. Look up refeeds and carb refeeds. When you get towards 10% bodyfat you'll need to do a refeed (maintenance calories, higher carbs less protein (carbs are protein-sparing)) every week, maybe twice a week.
>>
>>42791511
There's a cap to how much volume you can benefit from. Doing any more volume past this point still generates fatigue i.e. makes it harder to recover, but gives you no more benefit.
Where this cap is depends on many factors. One of these factors is training experience. The FACT is that for the rank beginner, this cap is very low (some studies show as little as 1 set is sufficient for max results).

As you gain experience, volume should increase.

Starting Strength in the very beginning, where you're supposed to do deadlifts each session, is excellent as you train each basic lift with a very high frequency without ever truly reaching technical breakdown. A couple of months spent like this will provide a golden foundation for future training.
As you progress, but before it becomes tough, making a switch to Greyskull Linear Periodization will provide a better hypertrophy stimulus, more freedom for personalised exercise choice, and easier continued progress.

At some point GSLP will be too low volume as well. Then it's time for a more advanced program.

This is all FACTS, but that doesn't mean that it's the only way to do things. The worst program done with 100% effort trumps the best program half-assed. That too is a fact.
>>
>>42790819
>>42791484
Okay, Day A it is but since I've never done Romanian Deadlift I will start with lightweight, Should I do them after or before the main Deadlifts?
>>
File: 1461442635398.jpg (22KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461442635398.jpg
22KB, 576x1024px
How does adderall effect your erections?
>>
>>42792010
Lowers sex drive. When I was doing A LOT of Vyvanse I would look at pics of girls and see them no different then males. Weird experience. People look insanely different when you have no sexual attraction to them
>>
File: Qf1KB9.png (42KB, 1093x392px) Image search: [Google]
Qf1KB9.png
42KB, 1093x392px
>>42790609
What do you guys think of the Hepburn method?
Considering doing pic related as a novice.

Current stats:
> 150kg DL; 78kg BP; 54kg OHP; 70kg SQ (just got back to doing it after >1y off). 96kg @ 195cm tall (18% bf).

My current schedule is messed up due to academic obligations, so I'm looking for a program that allows some english in terms of progression and no. of sessions per week. Thought of increasing progression pace by doing max 8x3 per session as possible, instead of only 1 rep/set as originally programmed.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-08-14-17-36.png (161KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-08-14-17-36.png
161KB, 540x960px
>>42790609
Does this mean 3 sets of 5 or the other way around?
>>
>>42792140
>3 sets of 5
This
>>
How do I prepare oats?

I just put about 40g in a bowl together with 250ml water and just put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Should I try overnight oats? Or any other tips?
>>
>>42792164
>tfw you can't do 5 chin up
>>
File: routines.jpg (231KB, 1444x854px) Image search: [Google]
routines.jpg
231KB, 1444x854px
>>42790609
I'm lost senpai, did SS with a few accessories once I was past those first 2-3months and did mad gains in terms of strength when I bulked hard and then aesthetics wise once I cut down

Now with good numbers I want to keep getting stronger and aesthetic and can't decide what the fuck to do
after some research it seems this two routines are optimal for what I seek

which one would be better?
>>
How long do you guys spend in the gym

I just moved into my university and the gym (which is right next to my dorm/apartment) is fucking amazing. I love it and I spend like 2-2.5 hours there, so far 5 days a week. I do nSuns 5-day 5/3/1 plus accessories.

Jeff Cavaliere says that if you are working out for more than 45 mins then you're not working hard enough ... but I really don't get that, because it takes at least 15 minutes per barbell exercise (2 a day = 30) and then a bunch more time for everything else, all the muscles I haven't hit yet that week. Then if I want to do a mile of cardio it adds up even more.

Should I be doing PPL to kick my ass more so I'm not taking so long...?
>>
Just went to a good old rodízio de churrasco today (Fogo de Chão for you Murricans) and ate my weight in red meat

How do I even log this in MyFitnessPal? I ate so many different things (90% meat 10% salad) so I'm not even sure of what to do at this point (not scared of the calories, it was my cheat meal, just want to try to log it)
>>
>>42792167
>40g of oats
>Measuring oats in mass and not volume

Anyway, about 1/2 cup, and then you can eyeball water once you figure out how much you like.

Overnight oats are good, but you really shouldn't make them with water.
>>
>>42792215

>measuring a solid in units of volume

what the fuck is wrong with people

mass is always, always always going to be more correct for food energy than volume. it's such bullshit, i am not gonna put my fucking SOLID FOOD in a MEASURING CUP for LIQUIDS. christ
>>
>cutting while not lifting
how much more muscle would i lose than cutting while also lifting?

i want to lose weight as fast as possible, willing to sacrifice some of my gains
>>
What brand of resistance bands should I get?
>>
File: 1307066968085.png (114KB, 220x233px) Image search: [Google]
1307066968085.png
114KB, 220x233px
Today I decided to add leg raises to my routine. Nice core and hip flexors accessory right.
And I almost had the most intense orgasm of my life, I was almost completely flacid although I was developing a nice chubby.
Is that what a prostate orgasm is? Thanks. I couldn't break 10 reps btw.
>>
>>42792239
Dry measuring cups are for solids, you fucking retard.

You would use a liquid measuring cup for liquids.
>>
>>42792215
Why eat oats anyway instead of (greek) yoghurt with cereal
>>
File: farfield nut.jpg (7KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
farfield nut.jpg
7KB, 250x209px
my chest never feels sore on chest/back/arms day? my arms always get tired before my chest. how do I isolate my pectorals without tiring my arms?
>>
>>42792365
Whatever is at your gym
>>
>>42792715
Buddy, my gym doesn't have a power rack let alone resistance bands.
>>
>>42792125
stop posting this in every thread, hepburn will kill a rank novice and that is a fact
>>
>>42792637
pec dec for volume, DB squeeze press
>>
>>42792604
Why not eat greek yogurt with oats?
>>
Will I kms if I chinup and (seated cable) row on the same day 3 times a week? My program tells me to alternate them but boy do I love me some rowing, and my back is lagging from being a curlbro for a while anyway.
>>
Can someone post the blue and yellow push pull split that has been floating around here?
>>
File: 0xyqeeea363y.jpg (16KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
0xyqeeea363y.jpg
16KB, 500x326px
So I haven't lifted after 4 years of stopping. I sprained my back and stopped myself. Bad excuse, I know. Back pain has been gone for 2 years. However, now everytime I work out or even think about it, my back and hip flare up with pain and shoots down my ankle. Why? How do I fix this? Ignoring doesn't help and doctors don't know what is wrong with me. It literally never hurts besides that, even when I do labor at work (lifting 40 to 80+ lb stuff 5 days a week).
>>
>>42792831
Man, last thread was kill and the only reply I got was concerning the disparity of my DL, not the program...

Why would hepburn method kill a novice? More important, is there another program that fits my needs?
>>
For stretching, are there diminishing returns/rest periods? Or should I stretch whenever I have a free moment?
>>
>>42790609
are rest days a meme?
do i need to rest my muscles even if they dont feel sore at all?
>>
>>42793118
PTSD most likely. Start with very very light weight and try to fix your form. Do NOT ego lift or drink anything related to protein/energy, as those will make you lose focus.
>>
>>42793628
Rest days are not a meme.
>>
I want to sit cross legged but when I do so my hips and knees start hurting after about 20 seconds. If I keep doing it despite the pain can I cause injury and/or will my body eventually loosen up and allow me to sit cross legged comfortably? Should I do something else for better results?
>>
>>42793628
??? no. muscles stop being sore after awhile if it is just a regular routine
>>
>>42793721
stretch more, don't push your body if it is aching or sore. that leads to injury 95% of the time
>>
Good/best youtubers?
>>
Just started lifting weights, havent done much
Yesterday i did 3x7 bench press, 3x7 dumbbell curls and i think standing dumbbell tricep extensions, 3x7, then added more wight to the bench press and went until failure.
Now it's the next day I shouldn't hit the same muscles right? So would deadlifts and rows be good or should i do squats and leg stuff
>>
>>42793886
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>42790609
Just gave blood today. If I cut my weights/reps in half, will I not pass out?
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (345KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
345KB, 640x960px
What kind of routine would get me my body's equivalent of pic related?
>>
>>42794342
1x1 tren daily
>>
>>42794370
Just sticking with Test E and Tbol for first cycle. What else should I be doing?
>>
>>42794465
Come on guys, I want to get big
>>
Is it possible to talk to enlisted folks about working out without them trying to recruit you?

Anyone got any good stories?
>>
I'm fat 231lbs (105kg) and I've been losing weight since last year, what I've never really understood is if people trying to cut from being obese take into consideration the calories burned during a workout.
I calculated my TDEE if I want to lose weight to 1800 but what happens on the days that I work out for nearly 2 hours? (SL 5x5 + accesories+3km fast walk) should I try to eat more those days or stick to the 1800cals like any other non workout day?
>>
>>42794981
Just talk to a Soldier and tell them you don't want to enlist. They'll probably tell you that's a wise decision, because the Army is fucking stupid.
t. Army guy.
>>
>>42790609
You want to cut 1kg per week for 3 months? thats 12 kg yet you claim thats for going from 15% to 10% bf.
If 5% is 12kg, Nigger do you weight 240kg you fat piece of shit?
>>
>>42793399

Never stretch cold muscles, only stretch after cardio/lifting. I just do some basic stretches on the muscle groups I worked that day and go to yoga once or twice a month for a deep full body stretch. It's not something you need to overthink.
>>
I'm a lazy fuck who has been really sedentary for years and just now trying to get fit. I'm probably about 8kg/17lbs overweight.

All the routines I looked at say to work out every 2nd day with a rest day in between. The thing is my muscles are only slightly sore the day after a work out but 2 days after they're REALLY fucking sore.

Am I supposed to work out anyway despite the muscles being really sore 2 days later? Is this caused by my recovery speed just being really slow because I'm a lazy sedentary fuck? Or is this just normal and how it's supposed to be?
>>
when is oil healthy?
when is it unhealthy?
god dammit im confused
sincerely newfag
>>
>>42796264
that's how it is for the first week or two, you'll get over it.
>>
I have a trap bigger than the other. My left trap is big and sculpted while my right trap is barely existant, to the point it looks a little unaestethic, should i just stop training traps at all or embrace it and become the one-traped man? Also what sould i do to make them even?
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>42790893
>SMITJ MACHINE CALF RAISES
>>
File: progress3mo.jpg (501KB, 2250x2000px) Image search: [Google]
progress3mo.jpg
501KB, 2250x2000px
Pic related has been my progress for 3months. To me, it looks like this could have been 3 days worth of progress. I've also been on a 500cal deficit, but I can't seem to lose any more weight. I started out at 215, but for the past month I've been 205.

Despite my non-existent aesthetic gains, I've had decent weight gains, considering my deficit (weights incl. bar).

O'Hiddly : 65x6 -> 95x6
Biddly: 95x6 -> 145x6
Squiddly: 105x9 -> 175x10
Diddly: 105x4 -> 185x8

I'm pretty just working out for aethetics, so I'm trying to figure out what to do I'm thinking:

1. More aggressive cut: start fasting
2. 4xIncrease protein intake, go for 1900kcal daily (from 1400kcal, and increase protein from 50g/day -> 200g/day)
3. Fuck it, start bulking and go bear mode
4. I can't say I'm happy with my results, so just an hero tomorrow

Any tips?
>>
>>42797319
Option 2 is what you should've been doing all along. 1400 calories is little woman mode and 50g of protein isn't even that. 1900 calories and 200g of protein will get you places.

Whatever you do, do not bulk at this point. You will not be happy with the results.
>>
been on keto for 5week or so. how bad would be one night out and medicore drinking? would it propel me out of keto and reset everything? anything to lessen the effect (except not drinking at all)?
>>
>>42790609
Is there a routine to achieve the same aesthetics as a PPL, but as a 3 day a week routine?
>>
>>42797813
To achieve "aesthetics" you need a high level of muscle mass. To build that you need a high training volume. The best way to achieve a high training volume, is to train more than 3 days a week.

That being said, "high volume" is a very relative term. High volume for you may be low volume for the next guy. 4-5 sets of a single exercise may very well be all YOU need to maximize your gains. It depends a lot on training experience. The longer you've been lifting, the more volume you need, and the harder it becomes to keep making size gains on a 3/w schedule.
>>
>>42797813
pick any 3 times a week fullbody routine and just up the volume, famalamadingdong
>>
>>42797726
Whats the easiest way to consume 200g of protein? Whey powder? what brands would /fit/ recommend?
>>
>>42798008
Chicken, lean beef, and protein powder that isn't filled with cancer and mercury.
>>
>>42798008
Jarrow and NowFoods unflavored protein powders are both excellent and cheap per ounce on Amazon.
>>
I'm going to the gym 3 times a week now. Will I get bigger if I go in more days?
>>
I'm planning to bulk while doing weighted cardio. Is this doable? And if so, how do I count calories burned, or is that not necessary through means of approximating through some sort of formula or something
>>
>>42793123
That much high intensity volume will absolutely rape you once you reach some sizable weight, and just winging it until that point is wasted effort. Read up on Nuckols 28 free programs and choose something (you can combine them to an extent) which benefits your schedule and strength goals, should last you a while until either your schedule clears up or you are proficient enough to do your own periodization.
>>
>>42790609
anyone got Mike Isratel's "Male Physique Training Template" that I can bum? would be a sick share.
>>42798061
not necessarily, be aware there is only so much work you can recover from. To go more days will require adjustments to volume and you will probably have to do a split like PPL or phat.
>>
>>42790609
OP, YOU NEED TO START JUICING IF YOU WANT TO REACH UBER-HAMSTER MODE!!!FACT!!! https://youtu.be/vkmf3Hbnh_4
>>
https://youtu.be/rZgIYvFu-FQ
>>
https://youtu.be/1qN72LEQnaU
>>
https://youtu.be/xDMNHvnIxic
>>
https://youtu.be/8gsGhdZDC-0
>>
>>42798120
>>42798132
>>42798145
>>42798149
>>42798175
bruh
>>
>only been lifting for 8 months
>never got sick during this period
>woke up with throat pain this morning
>feel like a cold
>feel little bit weaker but can't really tell
>gym session today
Anyone experienced this before? Will my lifts be affected?
>>
File: rsz_20170904_183913.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170904_183913.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
Rate my routine
wanted a 4 day/week, split body workout
>>
>>42792088
vyvanse are different from adderall though

Vyvs make me wanna kms and adderall make me work 10x better
>>
>>42794465
youre fine w that
>>
>>42796264
you stop being sore eventually

unless you switch routines but being sore goes away after 3-4 days
>>
>>42798284
supposedly you're stronger with a head cold
>>
so I've been reading into a lot of RP stuff and periodisation is a very interesting concept
two burning questions for anyone familiar with this style of training:
1) how do you progress between mesocycles? just increment the weight?
2) is it even worth considering periodisation as a relative beginner? I'm interested structuring the entirety of next year around a hypertrophy routine and it seems conceptually sound, current ORMs (kg) are 65/80/145/180
>>
>>42790609
I eat 14 slices of bread with peanutbutter, is this bad for my health?

i go to the gym 5 days a week
>>
>>42799236
I eat 14 slices of bread with peanutbutter a day*
>>
>be me, busy in uni stuff
>haven't slept well for the past 4 days, missed a workout yesterday, ate less protein and less food than usual
>felt my chest become smaller
>hit the bench today
>had to deload by 5kg

Is this.. my life now? I have to sleep well and eat well for the rest of my life as long as I want to lift?
>>
Should I smoke this ounce of weed even though there's muffins and coffee cake on the table that I'm probably going to get munchies for?
>>
>>42799335
arguably yes, thats how it works
>>
>>42794342
absorb soul of bear x 1
>>
is the x3 bar a meme?
>>
File: 1502645062994.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502645062994.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
Can someone explain me the following? In PPL routines you often find that they start of with low reps and end up with more reps at the end of the workout. If you go for muscle mass, why not just do everything 4x6 or 3x5??

example:
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12
>>
normal vs figure-8 straps?
>>
Guys, is eating 14 peanutbutter sandwiches a day bad for my health?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-08-56-52.png (77KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-08-56-52.png
77KB, 1080x1920px
How do I into macro nutrients? What ratio should I aim for? Goal is to lose 1lbs a week while gaining muscle on a hypertrophy program.
>>
Why is it that whenever I take more than 2 weeks off from the gym, when I come back I feel awkward working out? As in, even if my form is perfect, it feels wrong and my back hurts.
>>
>>42799714

Well if it's white bread that is refined carbs and might not be the best, go for wholemeal bread.

But the general thumb of rule is too much of anything is not good.
>>
File: ZeVqTQB.jpg (54KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
ZeVqTQB.jpg
54KB, 604x604px
>>42791302
I go as far as i can, on barbell you cant go as deep so thats what i use dumbbells for, depth.
>>42791337
rowing is better than treadmill desu.
>>42791471
you wont always feel sore after a workout.
>>42792168
some gyms have machines for weighted pullups and chin ups, reduces your bodyweight to get stronger at it.
>>42792176
do a PPL
>>42792179
dont focus on time unless you have to go to work or class. take as long as you want or as short as you want to properly hit each muscle group you want. time has no correlation to effort put in.
>>42792204
dont bother logging too much when you eat out, its realy difficult to count. also no one calls them fogo de chao in america they call them brazilian steakhouses.
>>42792251
you wont lose muscle unless you starve.
>>
File: 1478572011279.jpg (105KB, 714x892px) Image search: [Google]
1478572011279.jpg
105KB, 714x892px
>>42792401
no thats not prostate orgasm its just friction and blood pumping towards groin. women can get full orgasms from leg raises, men have the friction of pants which causes arousal as well.
>>42793017
try it and if you are able to finish all the sets then keep it in your program.
>>42792898
that would be quite thick and choke you.
>>42794192
prob shouldnt go today at all, and drink a lot of water today.
>>42794342
4+ years of lifting.
>>42795362
dont try to count calories burned at gym, its usually very inaccurate.
>>42796450
there are some oils that have healthy fats, such as olive oil and some oils that have unhealthy fats such as fried grease. look up omega 3 and 6 as a research starting point.
>>42796873
dumbbell shrugs.
>>42798072
dont try to count calories burned at gym, not accurate.
>>42798284
lifting with a cold will not help as colds cause your muscles to cramp.
>>42799236
lack of nutrients from other food sources.
>>42799516
compound lifts are 3x5 and accersories are higher reps. thats cuz compounds are heavy and hard and accessories are easier.
>>42799547
not much difference.
>>
How do I fix uneven arms? I'm starting now, should I just not care or should I do something about it?
>>
File: IMG_4290.png (34KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4290.png
34KB, 606x600px
I'm trying to figure out what program to do. I've been doing SL for about a year but wasn't consistent so my lifts are still pretty weak (BP 110, Squat 170, Dead 190, OHP 75). My friend is trying to get me to switch to lvysaur Intermediate Aesthetics (pic related), however I know I can still benefit from linear progression. There is an lvysaur beginner program. Should I do that or the intermediate one? Or should I try to progress linearly on the intermediate program
>>
File: 1476788782292.jpg (154KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1476788782292.jpg
154KB, 1001x823px
>>42799829
>>42799877
>>
File: IMG_4289.png (13KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4289.png
13KB, 481x584px
>>42800008
lvysaur beginner for reference
>>
Are heavy preacher curls in the 6-8 rep range the best bicep workout?

Currently sitting at 14" arms (flexed) and looking to get an inch in a month.

I do a 4 day routine and hit them twice a week.
>>
File: thinking levels.jpg (24KB, 564x558px) Image search: [Google]
thinking levels.jpg
24KB, 564x558px
When can I consider myself intermediate? I have been doing StrongLifts 5x5 for strenght base, looking to transition into bodybuilding program once i hit that mystic 'intermediate'
>>
>>42798079
>That much high intensity volume will absolutely rape you once you reach some sizable weight, and just winging it until that point is wasted effort
Nice. I get what you're saying. On the other hand, by doing 8x2>8x3 at 80%RM or so, wouldn't it be kind of similar volume-wise to 3x5/5x5 programs? From what I understand, it would be adding 16 -> 24 total reps, instead adding poundage to the bar weekly, still kind of linear progression.

>Read up on Nuckols 28 free programs and choose something (you can combine them to an extent) which benefits your schedule and strength goals, should last you a while until either your schedule clears up or you are proficient enough to do your own periodization.
I read the program, it looks nice, especially the option to do the ohp instead of bench. Still, not certain of how to fit chins/rows into it.
>>
are shrugs really essential as an exercise to develop a good physique? I dont know why but I fucking hate doing it
>>
>>42800008
are those numbers in pounds or kgs?
>>
>>42800060
after you've stalled and deloaded twice; this pretty much means you're no longer making daily gains but rather weekly, so you need more volume.

Assuming your lifts have been going up and you've been eating well. For more lifters this is a little before 1/2/3/4 plate on OHP/bench/squat/DL
>>
>>42800207
Lbs
>>
>>42800222
>For more lifters this is a little before 1/2/3/4 plate on OHP/bench/squat/DL

lmao
>>
I have no idea what routine I'm doing, my friend introduced me to the gym a while ago and this is what he says he does:

Back and biceps (Deadlift, pullups, curls)
Chest and Triceps (bench press, dips)
Legs and Shoulders (squats, sitting OHP)
Core/cardio/rest day (however you're feeling that week)

I don't have a routine, I just go and work that group of muscles until I feel pretty sore/pumped. I keep track of the big lifts that I listed and then I just do whatever else I'm feeling that day within that muscle group. My usual is 5 sets by 8 reps of anything.

Is this bad? Any thoughts/advice? I would consider myself a beginner lifter, but not total noob.
>>
>>42800207
never assume kg outside of /plg/

never
>>
>>42790609
whole grain food tastes horrible to me, how important is it for a healthy diet and can i substitute it with regular versions?
>>
>>42800254
You should probably go with the beginner one then.
>>
Whats curlbro?
>>
>>42800334
It's fairly important. The fiber you get from whole grain is different from the fiber you get from vegetables. You need both.
That said, you only need SOME of this fiber - there's no need to go 100% whole grain.
If you eat oats for breakfast you're pretty much set and you can go with regular bread or pasta or whatever for the rest of your day.
>>
>>42800445
lmgtfy.com/?q=curlbro
>>
File: 1501032085661.png (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501032085661.png
66KB, 500x500px
I'm cutting because I want to lose fat in my ass and thighs. Should I still continue squatting and deadlifting?
>>
How to fix an uneven butt? One is bigger than the other and I it smaller.
>>
>>42800468
Thanks for reminding me to whitelist 4chan.
Gotta support the gook moot
>>
>>42790609
Recheck your math. If 12 kg is 5% of your body weight, then I highly doubt you're 15%.
>>
Why is it that im stronger than my brother but he looks bigger?
Same thing happens at the gym i lift more than a lot of guys who look like they would beat me in a fight

Genetics, test?
>>
>>42791511
No. Stop, you fucking autist. Just fucking stop. The fact you would make a routine with every major compound lift in it so you can hit every muscle group every day shows you have idea what the fuck you're doing. Pick any beginner routine and do it. Add some lateral raises and calf raises or whatever if you want. But just do the fucking routine.

>>42792176
>good numbers
>doubt it

>>42792251
Lift weights retard. It makes you lose weight faster, and you'll increase your lean body mass while cutting. People who cut without lifting invariably look like shit.

>>42797813
Don't do ppl as a 3 day. It's fucking stupid. Do 3 day full body type.

>>42799137
You could literally progress faster on Starting Strength. I personally recommend nsuns 5/3/1 though. You're a beginner. You don't need to plan next year's training. You need to lift weights.

>>42800008
That program is made by a skinnyfat on reddit that has never lifted weights. It has no actual reasoning behind it. Ever numbers just looked neat to an autistic skinnyfat redditor. It's not a "real" program. You don't need a new program. You need to do a program correctly for the first time in your life. Your numbers are absolutely abysmal for an adult male. You've literally wasted an entire year to make 2-3 weeks of gains.
>>
>>42790609
When running a U/L split do you shrug on upper or lower day? traps are on your upper body, but you also train them while deadlifting. I am concerned that shrugging might affect my rowing strength the next day
>>
>>42800658
do you primarily train for strength?

The other bros probs focus more on hypertrophy
>>
>>42800727
Ok, so just do SL correctly?
>>
>>42800658
Low reps high weight = more strength, less size
High reps low weight = more size, less strength
>>
What would be the bare minimum level of strength required for a noob to move from a strength routine to something like PPL?

1/2/3/4 or lower?

I realize people often say just run the strength program until you can no longer maintain linear progression, but I'm still curious.
>>
>>42800877
The reason people say run LP until you stop progressing is because different people have different starting points, different potentials, etc. There is no one strength level that applies to everyone.
>>
>>42790609
Do you have to rest two days after intensity day on TM or is one enough?
>>
>>42800937
Fair enough. The reason I ask is because although I'm enjoying my time on a strength routine currently, all the recent posting on /fit/ about the dangers of squatz and diddlys has got me shook and I wouldn't mind (too much) sacrificing some strength gains to err on the side of caution.
>>
>>42800986
>listening to /fit/
found your problem
>>
>>42799753
bamp
>>
File: 148881841.gif (971KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
148881841.gif
971KB, 500x500px
>>42801018
>when the bros on the 'ch0n are all you've got
>>
File: 1503931958048.jpg (42KB, 1240x955px) Image search: [Google]
1503931958048.jpg
42KB, 1240x955px
>>42790609
What does /fit/ thinks of nuckols beginner 28 programs?
How do I fit progression chin ups/rows in this program?
>>
>>42801062
To be fair /fit/ is still better than some of the gymrats. I overhear the most ridiculous shit in my gym when people exchange advice
>>
>>42800052
If you're going for volume, you're probably gonna want to go for more like a 10-12 rep range.
>>
>>42800052
For short periods like 4-6 weeks, you can do way more volume and see great results. I'd recommend something like:

H/L/M/L for biceps; and
L/M/L/H for triceps

H: 5x5 barbell curls / close grip bench press @ 85% RM or 9 RPE
L: 10x10 db or preacher curls / lying or overhead triceps extensions @ 60-70% RM or 6-7 RPE
M: 4x8 same movements as "L" @ 75% or 8 RPE

For triceps you want errr on the light side, since you probably doing a program for bench and hip which are triceps heavy. At the end of the 4-6 weeks take 1-2 weeks doing "L" only twice a week for both triceps and biceps.
>>
File: q2.png (1MB, 1062x1518px) Image search: [Google]
q2.png
1MB, 1062x1518px
Is the unflexed bicep look in pic related solely based on genetics or are there any exercises that can make the red line more pronounced?
>>
My pussy stinks like dog doo before, during, and after a workout, and also between workouts and when I take extended breaks from working out.
>>
File: 2017-09-09 12.11.23.jpg (2MB, 1590x2829px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-09 12.11.23.jpg
2MB, 1590x2829px
How many calories is this? After I removed the bones, it was 145g of pan fried chicken.
>>
>>42801561
Do curls
>>
>>42801591
Could you repeat the question?
>>
Could some german Anon explain what the corresponding weights are for, lets say 1pl deadlift
how much weight on each site of the bar?
>>
>>42801605
Sorry. My pussy stinks like dog doo before, during, and after a workout, and also between workouts and when I take extended breaks from working out. Cool, huh?
>>
>>42801622
1kg=2.2lb
>>
>>42801640
yeah sure, but how much weight is 1/2/3/4 pl?
>>
File: 1503474468107.png (99KB, 632x650px) Image search: [Google]
1503474468107.png
99KB, 632x650px
>>42801625
very
>>
>>42800173
>8x2>8x3 at 80%RM or so, wouldn't it be kind of similar volume-wise to 3x5/5x5 programs?
technically yes but not quite once you reach a certain workload. Arbitrary example, 80% of my DL max is 155kg, try doing that for eight triples and report back. Thats what I meant.

>how into nuckols and rows/chins
Use one of them that you deem suitable but substitute the exercise, or keep to an SS style linear progression until you stall and then do texas method for them until you fully commit to changing programs altogether. Sounds dumb, but gave me good results.
>>
>>42801646
>>42801640
like this (copied from the powerlifting general):

>worked my way up to deadlifting 2 plates
>penis is still only 2 inches
>>
>>42801593
p-pls help
is it like in the 300-400 calories ballpark or what
>>
>>42801646
60/100/140/180
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-19-32-01.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-19-32-01.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is my hairline regrowing? Any chance it will go back to normal?
>>
>>42801688
thanks mate
>>
>>42800197
No just pull and row heavy. Dedicated trap training aint but wasted effort until you are very advanced, they will grow regardless just not at the pace you want them to.
>>
>>42801698
jesus christ bob griese
>>
>>42801698
yeah sure. raise your head to the sky and whisper
grow grow grow
>>
>>42801722
That didn't work for the guy who tried to get taller
>>
>>42801593
id say about 600 to 650
>>
>>42801591
*sniff sniff*
Ew bitch what the fuck is that your pussy?
>>
File: 123094077.jpg (70KB, 419x582px) Image search: [Google]
123094077.jpg
70KB, 419x582px
I have some slight pain in my left lower back/upper butt. I only have it when standing/walking and I don't really notice it a lot. It doesn't get any worse during certain exercises which is why I'm not sure what it could be. Any thoughts?

>pic related it's the area where I can feel the pain
>>
My delts look strange, like i'm missing part of them.
>>
File: WIN_20170910_01_46_22_Pro.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170910_01_46_22_Pro.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>42801840
pic
>>
>>42801813
SI nerve. It should get better over time

t. happened to me
>>
>>42801813
s t r e t c h i n g

in that part, with a ball (lacrosse, tennis, that type of size/hardness)
>>
>>42801813
lol nice butt and backsack you black and white bitch
>>
>>42801852
>this
though he means sciatic nerve. you may have inflammation compressing the nerve tissue. It will resolve itself when it heals.
>>
Hey guys. Just realised that pure gluten is cheap as fuck, and contains almost as much protein as basic whey (74g for 100g). I read that it lack Leucine, but that there's some in veggies and I eat a lot of veggies.
My question is: can gluten protein be eaten raw in shakes, or is it necessary to cook it for digestibility?
>>
>>42801903
Cool, thanks for the really helpful advice. Do you know of any other problems that are resolved when they go away?
>>
File: ZMA.jpg (4KB, 123x160px) Image search: [Google]
ZMA.jpg
4KB, 123x160px
It this a meme? anybody think this is a worth-while supplement? Currently only taking D3 and a probiotic.
>>
>>42801967
>the pain from the nerve will resolve when the inflamed muscle heals.
>faggots everywhere
why do i even try to help?
>>
>>42801988
Good question. You fucking suck at it.
>>
>>42801988

>>42801967
Wasn't actually me (the guy who asked the question). Just did some massaging with a tennis ball and I will make sure to take it easy and do more stretching. Appreciate all the answers.
>>
>>42800831
SS, SL, Greyskull, it literally doesn't matter. Just do any beginner progression. Put more weight on the bar every day.

>>42801622
>>42801646
"1 plate" refers to a 20 kg (or 45 lbs in the US) plate on either side of the bar, for 60 kg total (135 lb US). 2 plate is two on each side, so 100 kg total. Etc.

>>42801849
Lift weights more. Do 100 band pull-aparts twice a week.
>>
>>42802048
Too late. I don't care who you are. I hate your dick, I hate your butt, I hate your balls, I hate your breasts, I hate your smell. Suck me off and leave.
>>
>>42801653
Fair enough. 5x5 programs usually skip that much DL volume. However, it wouldn't fall far from what's generally advised for pressing movements, would it?

Btw, until july I was doing Pavel Tsatsouline bear program, which is basically: 3-4x/week: DL 2x5 heavy sets + 5-10x5 medium sets; some press movement, same sets/reps. High volume DL do pays off as I've put some mass, but it's damn tiresome indeed...

>SS style linear progression until you stall
I know my lifts suck, but except for squats, I think I stalled already. Been doing SS for a 3 weeks and have already failed on bp and ohp. When I started lifting, my ohp was just the fixed weights bar and bp was just the regular bar kek.
>>
File: 1504971524492.jpg (468KB, 3928x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504971524492.jpg
468KB, 3928x1200px
>>42790609
will pyramid sets help my chest? 4x8 and 4x6 are doing fuck all.
>>
>>42799877
>oil guy here
>if that matters
thanks
>>
>>42802100
>Pavel Tsatsouline bear program
great work, comrade

And yeah, then invest into some form of TM with nuckols sprinkled in. You can still do Hepburn, but I dont advise you to if you want to do anything but eat and sleep when not in the gym, and even then you will run into issues once you reach respectable weight.
>>
>>42800793
>>42800836
I usually train 3x10 is that considered strenght training?
Im like 5 or 10 cm taller btw, does the height make a big difference?
>>
>>42802434
3x10 is more like no training. Increase volume. To put it in perspective, 5/3/1BBB has the normal sets, then another 5x10 at the end.
>>
so I found a bodyweight and resistance bands routine I've been doing for about a week wanted to know /fit/s opinion on it

planks (2 sets until failure)
push ups (1 set until failure)
pull ups (2 sets until failure)
30 minutes cycling

(resistance band stuff) (2x10 of each)
reverse chest flyes
bicep curls
underarm row
overarm row

this is my daily routine, my only goal is to lower bf% and gain some muscle mass (just to get a bit above average not /fit/ tier) is this an acceptable routine?
>>
>>42802608
To lower BF, track your calories. Add some pull ups or chin ups, and some crunch for abs.
You could attain ottermode within one year. Weights would get you there way quickly though
>>
>>42802583
And 4x12?
>>
>>42802647
without sounding stupid I thought crunches ruin your back long term?
>>
>>42802608
One set of push ups isn't going to do ANYTHING. You need to do three or four or five sets, not to failure but close. More sets of everything. If you're not using weight (which is retarded btw) then you need more volume.
>>
>>42802583
>5x10
terrible idea, the form break down is dangerous
>>
>>42798300
please respond
>>
>>42802673
ok, I'll up everything - how much rest should I take between sets?
>>
Can you lower your bodyfat% by adding lean muscle mass to your frame?
>>
>>42802707
yea

as long as u gain more muscle than fat, ur bf goes down.
>>
>>42802668
Badly done sit ups can. With crunches your lower back stays on the flor!
>>
>>42802668
the hip flexor muscles pull from the front on the lower spine, which can fuck up your spine.
if you always keep your lower back on the floor while doing crunches, your lumbar spine should be fine.

>>42802649
fine

>>42802675
not a terrible idea at all.
i regularly do 4x10.
you just need to lower the weight a bit if you notice form breakdown.
>>
Why do I always look so fucking bad after cardio, compared to lifting?
>>
>>42802707
yes but the math is tricky. I for example need to put on a solid 8-10 lbs of lean mass to lower my bf by 1%, and I am far from fat. just cut faggot
>>
>>42802795
Glycogen depletion, generally not looking your best sweaty and exhausted (outside of sexual context kek)
>>
>>42802978
I swear it looks like my fat has been jiggled free and is just hanging further down. (hard cutting, semi-fatassss here)
>>
>>42803012
not same guy but thats hella weird
>>
>>42801977
been wondering the same thing. I'm probably going to buy some once my current bottle of magnesium runs out and see for myself.
>>
Guys please read this for your own well being. My whole lowerbody problems have probably been solved. Ive had knee problems, too tight IT band problems and Ive been more injury prone compared to the average guy, especially lower body wise.

Fucking boom, I discover that having weak gluteus medius muscle accounts for all of these. I recently had a knee pop while doing deadifts, had to even see ortho who told me that this is a clear case of weak gluteus medius as a risk factor along with the actual diagnosis.
Im not a shill for this site, google any other you want but just try the first one on this one. It's the most simple one, and I can instantly feel it being much harder than it should be, at least by the looks of it.
https://yurielkaim.com/gluteus-medius-exercises/

Do these like 1-2x a week and enjoy your injury risk going down and say bye to knee problems.
>>
what is fit's Protein/energy/whatever bar of choice? pic related is the only kind I've ever really bought.
>>
>>42799877
But i already do dumbbell shrugs
>>
>>42801977
>>42803108
not a meme, but buying zinc and magnesium seperately is cheaper.
>>
File: 935.jpg (21KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
935.jpg
21KB, 228x228px
lads - how do i fix rounded shoulders?

3x12 reverse flys mon/wed/fri with 4kg dumbless

no chest/front delt work at all

not seeing any progress and my upper back isn't getting any stronger, the dumbells feel as heavy as ever - how is this even possible? makes zero sense
>>
What's the modern day equivalent of 6'2" in 1988?
>>
>>42803243
you need to be working your mid / upper back; trapezius. Do rows, facepulls, pull-ups, etc.
>>
>>42803254
29 years I think
>>
>>42803243
rounded shoulders could also be due to weak internal rotator cuff muscles.

check and see if this applies to you:
https://b-reddy.org/2015/01/09/training-the-biceps-when-you-have-shoulder-problems/

otherwise, just do a lot more upper back work: dumbbell/cable/barbell rows, facepulls, etc.
>>
is all whey the same? what is the difference some cheap industrial grade whey from china and some fancy 70 dollar tub of special low temperature processed whey?

is ON a good brand? which flavors don't taste like ass? preferably nothing chocolate
>>
>>42803238
ZMA also has B6, is that something that should be added to the stack? I've heard there are some benefits but I don't know what those are beyond, what, energy or something??
>>
>>42803444
a good multi should have B6 anyway.
be careful though, B6 can cause toxicity at high levels. a good multi should contain <10mg of B6.
>>
>>42790609
What is a good full body routine after SS? Something with more volume would be good.
>>
What are some cheap, long-lasting ingredients I can buy to bulk?
I got Oats, milk and eggs, getting some chicken breasts, rice, and frozen veggies tomorrow.
>>
>>42803243

Deadlifts, bent over rows, face pulls.

Worked wonders for my shitty posture and fixed the constant shoulder pain I was facing after heavy bench and OHP. A good indicator that you're making progress is to stand relaxed with the hands at your sides. If your posture improves your thumbs should become more parallel and face forward versus to the side.
>>
>>42803495
Nsuns 531 is good and I'm making good gains running it. 240x3 bench, 370x3 squat, and 465x4 deadlift now.
>>
>>42802366
Nice.
I skimmed through PTTP book again, seems like flexible wave progression just fits my needs. I think I'll start the 3x/week bear program again coupled nuckols 1-day squats/bench on saturdays for keeping up with these 2 lifts.

I fully agree on hepburn, it might just be too much.
>>
>>42801965
Anyone?
>>
>>42803632
don't eat pure gluten, you idiot
>>
Realistically speaking, how long until a complete novice who can only lift the bar reach 1/2/3/4 ?
>>
how big can my arms get if i have short bicep heads(can fit 3 fingers between my biceps and my forearm) and will it affect lifting in general? ie. being weaker in pulls or movements that require bicep activation?
>>
>>42803660
somewhere from half a year to 2 years
>>
>>42803616
Sounds good too, yeah. Godspeed, m8.

Great, now I kinda want to run a few months of the bear again too, thanks, I guess?
>>
>>42790609
I think I have shin splints, been feeling a slight pressure in my shins when i walk after a week trying couch to 5k.
Should I stop for a while or power through it?
>>
>>42803648
Is there a way to prepare something with only gluten then?
>>
>>42803863
10 minutes with your head underwater
>>
>>42803730
arguably yes because shorter muscle belly = more stress on tendons, but it does NOT make as much of a difference for someone who is no elite level strength athlete.

>tfw 2.5 finger biceps too
le sadface
>>
>>42803523
Can i skip one day? I don't know if i will have time to go 4 times a week.
>>
>>42792010
they're soft and I bust almost immediately, 0/10 do not recommend
>>
I'm going to be on travel for several weeks but I'm too autistic to use the hotel gym. What kind of pull-up bar can I install in a hotel room (without screws obviously), which can also fit in my bag? The Gold's Gym bar is too long, I need something shorter than about 26 inches at the longest.
>>
>>42803475
is there a specific multi you use, or would recommend? For example, I just pulled up the Opti-men multi on amazon. It has a shit ton of stuff in it, including B6, Magnesium, and Zinc. I'm sure that the dosage is a lot lower than the dedicated pills. should I worry about that?? or should any supplemental dosage be okay (so long as it's not, yaknow, toxic.)

sorry, I'm kind of a noob to this stuff.
>>
>>42792010
I don't know about these other guys, but I would last forever under adderall. I could literally jerk off for 4 hours if I wanted to under addy
>>
File: fe56.png (26KB, 592x960px) Image search: [Google]
fe56.png
26KB, 592x960px
>>42805381
The multi I use is from a company in my country, the Netherlands.
Image attached is a comparison of some good multis available in my country.
A good US multi should have comparable dosages.
The minerals should be in organic form (-ates like citrate, gluconate, glycinate, etc), and not in synthetic form (avoid -oxides, -sulphates, -chlorides).
It should contain atleast 15mcg of vit D3, and 30mcg of vit K2.
>>
>>42805475
Whoah. thanks my man
>>
>>42799985
Please respond
>>
>>42800541
kek
>>
>>42800782
then don't shrug before rowing
>>
>>42803495
texas method is full body and volume day has a lot of volume
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 1282x1706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1282x1706px
What should I eat for energy to stay up over night? How long should I sleep? I've been working the night shift for a few months and I'm trying to improve my quality of life while there. I was trying to sleep for 5-7 hours before going to work but I'm sick of doing that and I feel like it isn't as effective as it should be.

Please help.
>>
What are /fit/ approved cheeses? I like feta but dat fat
>>
>>42800052
Hit arms every day or at least 6 days a week with high volume, at least 100 reps total. Just be careful with triceps, it'll hurt your presses if you train them too much. I've been avoiding direct tricep training and only hitting bicep isolations (for arms, still working out normally) for the last 3-4 weeks and still put on 1/4 of an inch so far
>>
>>42802675
It's supposed to be done at a maximum of 70% training max, which is 90% of actual one rep max. It's tiring and tedious, but not hard
>>
>>42800975
I'd say it's best to wait 2 days but I've done one day before and it wasn't too bad. It really depends on how you're feeling after intensity day
>>
>>42802121
Frequency and volume mate, try benching 2-3x a week with total reps/workout (including accessories) greater than 60. Having multiple bench variations is fine, but I'd definitely include OHP in there. I mainly only bench and OHP for chest. it's given decent and proportionate upper/lower pec size gains, but with more volume I'm sure it'd give even better size gains.
>>
>>42801759
For real? 145g of skinless chicken thighs fried 8j vegetable oil is 600 calories?? No way.
>>
I just reached my goal low weight of 135 after a long cut. Now I want to bulk. How long should I bulk for/how many pounds should I gain before I start another cut? I'm terrified of getting fat again but I wanna bulk up. Btw 5'6"
>>
Is there a trick to using an ab wheel?
Holy shit it's impossible for me to do this shit... is it supposed to be on carpet?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-21-37-55.png (161KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-21-37-55.png
161KB, 1080x1920px
How accurate is this if I have 69kg at 1.75cm? Used this calculator https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm
(Yes, I'm a manlet, I'm brazilian, still above the national average)

Also, if I had kidney stones before, is it safe to each this much protein? At what point does it become too much?
>>
can someone redpill me on omega 3/omega 6 ratios?
what's the deal on that
>>
File: IMG_20170908_221425.jpg (107KB, 675x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_221425.jpg
107KB, 675x620px
>>42803504
bump before thread dies
>>
How do you lift and swim without exhausting yourself
>>
I'm so fucking lost on how to proceed brehs, my main goal right now is to eat at a deficit until I hit goal BF% but what program should I do on right now on a caloric deficit?

I used to be fatfuck powerlifter wanna-be, now I'm a skinnyfat DYEL, I did texas method but I haven't been lifting for about two months now, I've lost a fuckton of weight in this time period.

Jump back on TM? I made mad strength gains on TM but is it viable after such a long time off and on a deficit?

I want to become a e s t h e t i c bros, what do? I still have fat to burn but how can I optimize this.

I've always been a fat fuck, now that I can taste the lower BF% I find myself at an impasse.
>>
>>42809577
Reverse Pyramid Training (just google it) for the big 4, random 3-4x12 pump work for whatever isos you want to add
>>
File: 1235214525235.jpg (152KB, 1080x780px) Image search: [Google]
1235214525235.jpg
152KB, 1080x780px
>>42809919
That looks wonderful, thanks man.
>>
Sup,
are there any abs exercise that can help keeping the mid section flat? I have abs and I have definition, but I have to conscientiously straiten my abs to get a really flat stomach. Any exercise to help "straighten" the abs?
Thanks!
>>
>being in the gym center
>suddenly feeling low energy and failling every sets
Wat do
>>
>>42809969
Anytime. Only thing I really do on a cut, shorter workouts keep you motivated even on a steep deficit and the separate progression for rep ranges is good if you have a bad day or occasional form breakdown with certain loads.

Fwiw you can do it on a bulk too, just add 2-3 accessories per lift in RPT style and heavy ass drop sets for isos. That of course ruins the short and quick aspect, but who cares.
>>
File: Cheese.jpg (187KB, 1213x964px) Image search: [Google]
Cheese.jpg
187KB, 1213x964px
>>42806389
I hope this definitive picture clears it up.
>>
File: cheesy.jpg (196KB, 1213x964px) Image search: [Google]
cheesy.jpg
196KB, 1213x964px
>>42811250
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
How does one calculate how many calories to eat when bulking?
Is there some rule of thumb?
I'm 1.85m 80kg btw
>>
>>42807688
Please respond
>>
What's a good routine to improve my chinups and pullups? I have some pretty shit biceps, so I can only do 3 chinups/2 pull ups in a row.
>>
>>42811716
pavel tsatsouline grease the groove
>>
>>42811503
yeah, it's your height in cm times your weight in g. so you're 185 * 80000 = 14800000 calories, or 148000 kcal per week, which is 2114 per day.
>>
File: IMG_20170821_144216.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_144216.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
Would I be able to start off doing planks, or slow dips etc to build stamina for cardio? I'm a fatty whose trying to lessen the impact that cardio has on the rest of my workout.

>inb4 just go outside fatty
I'm going to keep doing cardio, but I want to be able to go longer without feeling like death.
>>
Are JJ Watt/Gronk sizes and leanness possible natty? I know both of those guys are on roids, but would it be possible to be 240-250 lean at 6'3-6'4?
>>
>>42791604
>1 set for max results
Fucking kek
>>
>>42811747
holy shit this works (give or take 200kcal in my case)

ARE U A WIZARD
>>
>>42811468
provolone still has twice the protons
>>
>>42811792
Bump
>>
I'm new to this 24 hour gym thing. How bad is it to work out late in the evening (10-11:30), without eating anything since dinnertime until lunchtime the next day? I'm on IF too.
>>
Did push/pull for 1,5years now and recently switched to a VERY simple full body routine that only includes squats, ohp, chin ups (6sets to muscle failure) 2x per week, other times of the week I do running/sprinting.
lifts are squats 130kgx5, ohp 62,5kg x 5, chin up 27,5kg x 5(weighted).

goals are just staying healthy and increase lifts slightly over time, but no priority. do you guys think this is doable or should I just stick with my previous push/pull routine. I feel like lifting got kinda boring and I need something else.
>>
How long should you generally bulk?
Is there a point where you bulk so much that no amount of cutting will stop you from looking like a fat fuck?
>>
>>42814231
No matter how many routines you try, you'll always return to PPL. It's just the best one for noticeable gains
>>
Is xAxBxAx extremely necessary? Can't I do something like xABABAx with cardio everyday? Would it be too hard on my body? I'm asking because I feel bad as fuck for having 4 idle days/week. Any recommendations?
>>
How long was your first bulk? I'm up 7kg in 7 months and getting a bit pudgy. Thinking of taking it until January, which would be 10-11kg in total before cutting. What do you think?
>>
Why should I join a gym when bodyweight progression is a thing?
>>
>>42815873
Because free weights are better than bw
>>
>>42797319
Your gains are offsetting fat loss aesthetically. You should go on a hard cut and cardio routine to lose weight first, then go for gainz. Don't want loose skin in the end.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.