[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started working on my Planche, Atm can hold: Front\Back lever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Top-Planche-on-Pedestals.jpg (100KB, 709x475px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Planche-on-Pedestals.jpg
100KB, 709x475px
Started working on my Planche,
Atm can hold: Front\Back lever pretty good, doing muscles ups, dips with 50KG (+74KG Bodyweight).

Started working, i can hold a Tuck Planche for 20 Seconds on the floor

Need tips for:
Progression, timing, rest between sets, exercises, Info about the lean and pretty much everything about it will help me alot
>>
I'm not a robot
>>
>>42784644
Whats your bench max ? Or 225 lbs for reps
>>
>>42785311
bench will not help

just keep practicing the tuck, try getting on your fingers as much as possible and leaning forward
>>
The book Overcoming Gravity has a list of progression exercises.

I got up to Straddle planche but then moved onto other things.
>>
gymnast here

fuck whatever the fuck you are doing right now. the planche is not a strongman exercise. fuck your high dip numbers. you need to humble yourself and work on hip flexor strength, flexibility and especially front lever. do not work on going further into your lean AND progressing to a further extended position in the same workout EVER. understand your hand placement and whether or not you are going to go for ring work, and if that is the case then you need to take it very slow to let your elbows adapt.

1. start your workout with wrist stretches, handstand, pike to handstand, arm circles, leg swings, straddle handstand.
2. if working on extending your lean, use the wall and do sets of 3 controlled breaths. mark your progress with tape.
3. if working on extending your position, do several sets of 3 breath holds of tuck planche. rest at least 2 minutes between sets, but keep your warm (do dancer kicks, pullups, handstand, whatever)
4. once you legitimately fail at an attempted planche progression exercise, STOP
5. work the outsides of your wrists immediately (side of hand opposite to palm on the floor)
6. move to front lever for the antagonistic set
7. finish with back lever to return to the similar pushing plane. again, note your palm placement on the lever. Make sure they are DOWN.
>>
>>42785357
this is how you break your fingers or rip the tendons. dont fuck with the finger shit unless you have a coach or are experienced. use your wrists.
>>
>>42785378
>>42785928
Can you expand on the book?

And for wrist control, i had a hobby for working my forearm for a while, and i actually have strong wrist control and mobility, so as for wrist aint seems to be the problem.

Hip flexors and front deltoids might be lacking strenght

Any good exercises you'd recommend?
>>
>>42785928
'
You're autistic as fuck. 2,3,5,and 7 are bull shit.

Anyway op just practice leaning further in tuck I'd do 4-5 sets of 12-15 seconds of your hardest progression every workout. If you are holding a good hollow body with proper scapula protraction your legs will naturally move into advanced to keep you balanced. as you start to lean further. You dont want to work your max hold times and you don't need to immediately worry about your wrists like the other guy said since your warm up will have them ready for the work.

Also pairing planche work with front lever work every set reduces rest time and speeds up your workouts and is more sensible then doing every set of planche before you do front lever.
>>
>>42786253
"speeds up your workouts"

if you have this mindset you'll never achieve the planche. there is no set time, you gotta wake up early or have a block of at least 4+ hours so you work til exhaustion on whatever your current routine may be. remember skill work first, then supplement.

For front delts try the Z press. Most gymnasts I've seen that can rep a few handstand pushups, have a suitable straddle planche and maybe even some galimores can get 225 for a set of 3-5. It's a long road but you can basically 5x5 it and handstand pushup strength translates very nicely.

for hip flexors, if you still dont have your split on both sides and your middle, getting the full planche will be difficult because you'll lose access to the straddle progressions.

careful also if not using straddle progressions about using resistance bands. There are small muscles in your hands and core that don't get developed if you train on an advanced progression when you are not ready for it. If you're in it for the long run and you don't want to mess up your wrists or elbows, best to let gravity train you. If you have a coach, having them help you lower into your current lean progress and just a bit below several times can do wonders.
>>
>>42785928
>gymnast here
>work on hip flexor strength for planche
Retard alert
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.