[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is nutrition the field of science filled with the most myths,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1504732365048.jpg (31KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1504732365048.jpg
31KB, 451x619px
Is nutrition the field of science filled with the most myths, bad science, bullshit and bro-science crap ever?

I've been trying to eat healthy, and after watching tons of documentaries, reading tons of blog entries and watching a lot of videos about it (all supposed to be backed by serious scientific research and papers), I don't know what's healthy anymore.

Some say sugar is poison, that cuases many diseases and makes you fat, others say sugar is actually the best kind of fuel for the body, and that all those diseases are actually caused by other kinds of food.

The only things I'm sure about diet is that

>drinking a lot of water is good
>eating a lot of vegetables is good
>a lot of fiber is good too

Can't really say anything much about milk, eggs, meat or sugar. Which ALL seem essential for fitness. (except sugar of course).
>>
Varied diet is best diet.
Natural sugar is fine in the right amounts. In fact everything in moderation is what is healthy.

There is no agreed about healthy diet because anything can be healthy if it's done in the right way, in the right amount, at the right times, etc. Also each person is different, based on their own tastes, allergies, stomach strength, metabolism, and so on.

The nutrition field is shit because of the difficulty behind the research.
>>
just one bump in case anyone else has anything interesting to say
>>
>>42784087
watch What The Health and read The Starch Solution and also read Proteinaholics and then you'll have a good idea of what to do
>>
>>42784424
lol
>>
>>42784087
>and after watching tons of documentaries, reading tons of blog entries and watching a lot of videos about it (all supposed to be backed by serious scientific research and papers), I don't know what's healthy anymore.

So you get your education on other fields of science with documentaries, blogs, and random internet videos as well? Is this bait or are you a legit mongolism patient?
>>
>>42784476
No, but because I have formal studies in other fields that I'm interested.

But in those fields professionals usually don't contradict each other about stuff that is either one way or the other. If they can't fucking agree on pretty basic stuff I'm not the one to came out with a conclusion where that isn't exactly my field, nor would I be able to interpret research papers for it since I lack the background in biology.
>>
>>42784503
just go mess around on pubmed and if you aren't retarded you'll figure out something you like
>>
>>42784503
Since when do blog, documentary, and random internet video authors represent professionals? Is your field feminist studies or some bullshit? If you did this with physics, for example, you'd be confronted with all sorts of contradictory crackpottery. Without a 1st-2nd year undergrad understanding it would all be indistinguishable.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.