[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SL 5×5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi /fit/, i'm about to start the SL program. What am in for ? Any tips or suggestions ?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>42780354
Id also like an evaluation of the program, I've been on it for a few weeks, been a while since I did any lifting. Is it a good idea to do pullups on the deadlift days to supplement arms?
>>
It's great for beginners. Gives you a good Base and let's you climb up the numbers. When you start to plateau drop to 3x5 until 1/2/3/4 then you've outgrown the program. Decide where you want to go and pick a new more advanced routine from there
>>
>>42780416
What do you mean by 1/2/3/4 ? Newbie here.
Anyway thanks for the advices !
>>
>>42780455
Ohp - 1 plate = 1 45lb/20kg plate on each side of the 20kg bar, so 60kg total
Bench - 2 plate. 100kg total
Squat - 3 plate 140kg total
Dead - 4 plate 180kg total
>>
>>42780779
I learned something, thanks again
>>
>>42780396
This is a good question, I would like to know the answer as well. I'm too tired for pull ups after rows but I also heard deadlifts are too intense for supplementary work. Hoping I could do pull-ups/dips after deadlifts because my workout is shorter with just the 1x5 set.
>>
>>42781090
I did press-up and plank on rows day and chin ups and curls on dl day
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 even doable with just SS ? I barely see people doing those numbers and it can't be that easy to progress to a 4 plate diddly.
>>
>>42781199
Honestly, it probably takes a year depending on how consistent you are. If you're aiming for aesthetics, which you should be, just do 3 - 6 months on SL/SS then move on to other programs.

This program is for familiarizing yourself with the barbell, learning the ins and outs of the big 3.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.