[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much should one know about lifting (specifically, routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: what women want.jpg (50KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
what women want.jpg
50KB, 533x800px
How much should one know about lifting (specifically, routine and form) before starting lifting?
>>
Stop making excuses to avoid lifting. You'll learn as you go. Go to the gym RIGHT NOW!!!!
>>
Whoops, didn't mean to sage you. Have a bump.
>>
Form you should familiarize yourself with before doing anything involving adding weight to your body; doesn't take that long to watch a vid on how to bench properly. Routine you never have to actually learn. Just find a good one online and follow it verbatim
>>
learn form with doing light weight until you got it down then do heavier weight

u wont learn until u fuck up once
>>
>>42779724
he sag
>>42779732
but he also bum
You're right, anon

>>42779818
>>42779844
I know I shouldn't be programming for myself as a novice lifter, but my thinking is based on - should someone read Starting Strength or the Stronglifts wiki in their entirety before lifting? Or take another approach?
>>
>>42779724
>anon goes straight to the gym without knowing anything
>tries to squat
>sphincter gives way and shits all over the floor in front of chad and stacey
>>
>>42779921
If you want. More knowledge is never a bad thing, especially if you want to program for yourself eventually. But dont let it get in the way of you lifting now.

Basically make sure you have form down pat and then just latch onto any beginner-friendly routine. You don't have to understand the fine details of why a program works to follow it.

Main things to know:
>form
>calories in/out
>protein requirements
>a good routine

Figure the rest out later.
>>
>>42779922
I can do """"decent"""" numbers for a novice, but I'm starting with the bar

>>42779984
Thank you, fit, you are my greatest ally
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.