[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive slowly lost enough weight to be close to my final weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 256x256bb.jpg (15KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
256x256bb.jpg
15KB, 256x256px
Ive slowly lost enough weight to be close to my final weight range I want to be, however my bodyfat percent is still way high for what I want (I think part of this is I burnt a lot of muscle by severely restricting my calories and upping my activity levels by a ton). All of this aside, I have decided to start counting macros in order to help get a better body composition, the only thing that blows my mind is the high percentages of Carbs per day and Low percent of Protein these Macro people are suggesting. Something like 50% Carbs and only 25-30% Protein, why so low on Protein and high on carbs?
>>
Macros are a meme. Just eat less fatty
>>
>>42776908
Because vegetables are carbs
Eating half veg, 2 pieces of fruit a day, a decent amount of meat, some fats, and cut all processed carbs and sugar out
>>
>>42776908
Eat more protein, faggot. 1g/lb of body weight minimum. Meat tastes good.
>>
>>42776979
I don't think OP was implying he didn't like meat, if anything he was complaining that most macro programs want you to eat low amounts of protein.
>>
>>42776908
I don't have a clue why those percentages were suggested but most bodybuilders i know suggest a 2gramm per kg bodyweight protein to make sure you can maintain the muscles. With carbs, it's usually you start at a set amount like 150g and keep that for a week. If you lose less than half kg you decrease carbs by eg. 25 if you lose more than 1-1.5kg, you keep it or raise a little. You have to get a feel what works for you.
I don't even count vegetables as prot/carb as you can barely digest them. But avoid fruits as those count due to fructose content.
Make sure you get some good fats in, such as linseed oil or fish, otherwise keep to eat the least fatty as possible. Good luck!
>>
>>42777045
>avoid fruits

Never gonna make it.
>>
>>42776908
If you are fat you should eat high carbs.
>>
>>42776979
>1g/lb of body weight minimum

good goy
>>
>>42777572
That's the minimum you should eat.
>>
So is macro counting legit? I hear a lot of people talk about it but it just seems like calories in calories out is all that matters.
>>
>>42776979
That's supposed to be per lb of LEAN bodyweight dumb dumb. And even that's overkill
>>
Macro counting is useful to Maintain muscle mass while cutting. (We'll, reduce muscle loss)

However, most people are skinny fat and don't actually have muscle to worry about looking when cutting. If you're not an elite athlete, competitive body builder, or instagram/youtuber it won't really matter as long as your diet isn't shit in general. (If it is shut, counting macros is already outside of your worries)
>>
>>42778311
Most people here are just fat.
>>
>>42778251
how is it ovekill?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.