[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I build a good workout program for myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3657.jpg (57KB, 488x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3657.jpg
57KB, 488x410px
3 months into working out and I still don't fucking know what I'm doing. The sticky thread generally recommends workouts involving dumbells and barbell but I just want to reduce my bf% from 27% to a normal level like 20%.
>>
Do cardio :^)
>>
Lower the calories.
Don't skip cardio.
Try to lift the same weights.

Complex, isn't it.
>>
>>42776775
>20%
>normal
Here's your (You)
>>
>>42776775
Read the sticky properly. Fix your diet and lift weights.
>>
>>42776798
At least the sticky said it is though, particularly 18-24% BF is normal while over 24% is just overweight. 15% bf is the point where abs shows up
>>
>>42776812
I'm not a native english speaker, I'm really trying to understand the sticky
>>
Lift 4 days a week. Work each muscle twice per week. Stay in the 10-12 rep range, do 3 sets. Stick to compound movements and only rely on a few isolation movements.

Compound = multiple joints move
Isolation = only one joint moves

Example:

Day 1 - Barbell bench, seated cable rows or bent over rows, incline DB bench, lay pull downs, triceps pull downs, and an abdominal exercise of your choice.

Day 2 - squat or leg press, overhead dumbbell press, upright dumbbell rows, deadlift, ez bar curls, and an abdominal exercise of your choice.

Your week should look like this - day 1, day 2, rest, day 1, day 2, rest, rest.

Keep weight to an intensity that you can do 10 reps, with the last 2 reps getting you close to failure. Keep rests to under 2 minutes.

If you find you want to start getting bigger, then just simply eat more while slowly increasing the weight. If you want to stay the same, then keep the weights where you're happy with them and eat at a slight deficit.

You can even cut this program to 3 days a week, and alternate each week.

Week 1 - day 1, rest, day 2, rest, day 1, rest, rest,
Week 2 - day 2, rest, day 1, rest, day 2, rest, rest.

Throw in 30 minutes of cardio a few times a week and you're golden.

It's really that simple.
>>
>How do I build a good workout program for myself 3 months into working out
You don't.

You don't know shit yet and barring a fluke making your own program is going to result in a massive waste of time. Do a program with testimonies and fix your diet, cardio can help if you need it. Since you're already fat and probably really weak you can lose weight and get bigger/stronger pretty easily until you're around ~15% at worst.
>>
>>42777326
Ignore everything in this post about reps and sets, there's a myth that high reps make you grow muscle and low reps only make you stronger without growing muscle but it's really progressive overload that drives hypertrophy and strength.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.