[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: aq1e8zM_460s_v1.jpg (24KB, 460x245px) Image search: [Google]
aq1e8zM_460s_v1.jpg
24KB, 460x245px
Anyone on keto?
How do I go about it?
I've stopped eating pasta, rice, bread potato's and putting sugar in my coffee.

I basically eat eggs, chicken, beef, pork and various veggies everyday.

Is this enough? What else should I be aware of?
>>
don't do keto , keep the taters , add beans as source of carbs .
>>
For me personally it was not sustainable, you miss nutrients that you have to cover through expensive foods. By the way its a very expensive way of eating

I went over to IF and that works better with my lifestyle. No limit on what i can eat just on when
>>
>>42776158
>What else should I be aware of?
The fact that diets high in fat and meat cause cardiovascular disease, diabetes and insulin resistance, generalized inflammation, cancer, endotoxemia, brain damage, liver disease
>>
>>42776164
I'm trying to cut weight. My love handles and thighs are out of control for a man. I exercise everyday but do not do much cardio. If I eat beans daily will I still stay in ketosis?

>>42776173
The food is not that expensive. I make a decent salary so buying any kind of produce is no problem.
>>
>>42776187
Its only temporary. I was in a cast for a while and gained 10 KGS. Also my Jon involves a lot of sitting.

As a temporary diet till I'm back to ideal weight only.
>>
>>42776158

Start with googling it and getting a basic understanding of what it is. Understand why you think it might work for you then explore the concept in detail IMHO this is the best book.

The Ketogenic Diet
A Complete Guide for the Dieter and Practitioner by llye Mcdonald
>>
File: At_Last_I_Truly_See.png (93KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
At_Last_I_Truly_See.png
93KB, 600x507px
>>42776158
If Calories going into you is less than calories you burn, you lose weight.

Eat a diet of many different foods (avoid processed foods) and all your nutritional needs should be met.

That is ALL you need to know about dieting and nutrition.
>>
>>42778269
Yes, but the real world application is not so simple.

The caloric “deficit” has to be paid. It gets paid from multiple sources but primarily from white adipose tissue (fat) or muscle breakdown.

The short term effects of a caloric deficit generally hits fat. Once the body views the caloric deficit as long term it moves to burning muscle over fat.

This is also complicated by bodyfat % the lowere the BF% the more the body will fight the burning of fat and will selectively use muscle as a fuel source.

You know next to nothing about dieting or nutrition and as such you should keep your flap shut.
>>
>>42778269
>Yes, but the real world application is not so simple.

YES.. YES it is that simple. You can lose weight eating snickers bars, as long as calories in is less than calories out.

ONCE you are AT you desired weight THEN you can begin to work on muscle growth.

Nutrition supplements are a complete fraud.
ANY diet as long as you eat a wide variety of different foods will supply enough nutrients.

Unless you are a training Olympic world class athlete or a professional body builder ONE extra egg a day is all the protein you need for "working out".
>>
>>42776158
Yeah day 15 so far. Lost 80+lbs on a balanced diet with exercise for the first year and plateaued for the third time or so (fixed it before with more exercise, intermittent fasting and patience) and yeah, decided to try keto.

Last 15 days I've lost 14lbs (weighing once a week, 11lbs first week - mostly water no doubt and 3lbs second week)

Also. Last 3 days, the hunger has been not just slightly manageable, but hardly noticable. Today for example I've been up since 5am. (it's currently 18:26 where I live) and I've been to work, done some weights, gone on a 2 hour walk and only eaten 4 chicken thighs at about 13:00 and don't feel overly hungry yet. It's fucking weird. Not complaining though.

Aiming myself for under 20g of carbs a day. Generally eat bacon/mushrooms/egg usually for first meal - snack on cheese if hungry (weighed obviously) and for dinner anything from sausages, to steak to pork with low carb veggies. Pretty comfy diet.

Keto flu only lasted about a day for me when I felt shit about a week in. Managed it because I take a lot of supplements in the morning including the important magnesium and I liberally put salt on everything I ate as per recommendations on most keto sites.

Oh, and I drink a shitload of water to keep the mild hunger happy and piss like a racehorse, but that's fine by me.
>>
>>42779087
It only moves to burning a little muscle along with the fat when there is not enough protein to maintain the muscle and organs AND there is no external stimulus created to force to body to see the muscle as something worth keeping.
>>
>>42776196
No, beans have too many carbs. They're really healthy though. Eat them after you cut down to a weight you're comfy with
>>
>>42779357
Dumbass you just repeated what he said. It isn't as simple and strictly CICO doesn't work as a way of cutting mostly fat. Eat 1000cal Oreos every day and see how fast you lose weight; muscle and fat
>>
>>42779409
goddamnit /fit/...
I need to go do something outside of lurk here
I'm not going to make it
>>
>>42779357

You can only minimize muscle loss you cannot stop it once the bio-feedback loop indicates long term starvation to the body.

Go ahead and continue to think its about protein and stimulus. A cascade of events happen which are linked to multiple feedback mechanisms. This is also directly linked to the persons actual BF%. Non-natties need not apply as they directly manipulate a number of the feedback loops.

Unless you understand what is really going on getting below 15% which gets exponentially worst as the BF% goes down in terms of muscle/fat loss ratio.
>>
>>42779328

Again while true its really not that simple especially if you want to be effective about it.

Keep living in dream land.
>>
>>42779409

god damn look at those tits
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.