[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADVICE PLS trainer ain't training me(?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 750full-amber-hayes.jpg (357KB, 750x748px) Image search: [Google]
750full-amber-hayes.jpg
357KB, 750x748px
Hello all, sorry in advance for these lines of gym noobery
went to the gym the other day for the first time in my life after years of running/casual bullshit exercising
felt sort of disappointed when I noticed that, after the set of exercise the guy made me do, I hadn't even break a sweat
I thought it was because it was my first time and that with time, he would give me harder sets and stuff, but the guy that I know that originally pointed me to that gym said that even though he's been going there for some months now, he's doing the exact same shit I am (plus everybody always says that the first time at the gym is the hardest)
I don't intend to become huge in 4 weeks, but I am not getting the feeling of satisfaction mixed with fatigue, which is the kind of kick I was looking for when I signed up
Going for the second time today, my question for you is
should I ask him to give me more challenging tasks or do I trust the man and stop bothering everyone?
thanks lads
>>
i see now that i could have greentexted this but who gives a shit right
>>
>>42774790
I wouldn't recommend starting with "challenging" tasks because that burn you out quickly, and what kind of routine are you fellas doing?
>>
>>42774811
i do so fuck you
>>
>>42774909
ok let's see, after walking on the treadmill for 10 minutes, i did
lat pull down machine (in front/from behind)
something called the peck deck
something similar but pushing in front of me
dumbbell lateral/front raise
dumbbell again, for triceps (right angle behind the head)
some other stuff with one dumbbell (reclined on a bench bringing it up over my head and back)
legs lift on the abs bench
dumbbell was like 2 kilos, everything else 20
sorry for huge misuse of terms
>>42774911
also sorry
>>
>>42775005
Yup, his routine is trash. My advice would sticking with this trainer for your first week or two till you learn your way around the weights and gym then ditch him for a "real" beginner program, like SS 5x5 but it turned to a meme at this point, so you could try either Reddit's PPL or Greyskulls LP
>>
>>42774790
I was a personal trainer at a 24 Hour Fitness for a few months. I quit because it wasn't personal training, it was just scamming people.

The reason a personal trainer at a franchise gym won't make you work hard during your first few workouts is because they want you to think it's easy and then you will keep coming back. And the slower the progress is, the more money you will give them. If the gym you go to sells supplements then guess which supplements they will tell you that you need to take. There is some fear of injuring a client but if you work there then you are backed up by a rich franchise so all you have to worry about is getting fired.

Unless you are illiterate or extremely unmotivated there is no need for a personal trainer. I still do it privately but whenever I'm helping a person gain muscle or lose weight or whatever, inside I am thinking, you could learn all of this just by Googling it.
>>
>>42775036
how can you say the routine is trash?

>has cardio
>has leg workout
>has upper and lower body workout
>>
>>42775036
THANK YOU i also thought it was bullshit since you know, no legs, no glutes and shit (i'll need to google the second part of your reply tho)
>>42775050
it ain't even a franchise gym, and nobody was around
what do you guys think? I paid the month so my idea was to either go to the gym and tell the guy straight up that I want to do more intense shit or start looking out for a program of my own, at the risk of looking like a pretentious little shit
>>
>>42775076
>10 minutes of "cardio"
>brosplit
>hitting every muscle group once or twice all per day
>i assumeyou have one or no rest days so he can milk you for money
>a routine by a personal scammer
>too lazy to do your own research

Trash.
>>
>>42775123
didn't mention any particular rest day schedule
I am sorta lazy, but I didn't want to follow the internet on this because I know absolutely nothing about both training and the human body, like muscles and bones and effort
didn't want to end up with ernia after like one week or something
>>
now that I think of it, the guy is considerably shorter than me, has biceps as big as my head and legs so thin that his shorts cast a shadow, like two weird cocktail umbrellas
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.