[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could choose either only dieting or only working out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1504727613253.jpg (77KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1504727613253.jpg
77KB, 927x380px
If you could choose either only dieting or only working out, which one would it be?
>>
>>42774760
Only working out.
>>
>>42775039
But why

>>42775039
>>
>>42774760
only working out, only dieting is boring as fuck,and I started working out to enjoy better my life.
>>
Creating a deficit through increased calories out is always better than through reduced calories in , and it's more fun .

People convincing themselves that they are healthy because they eat close to nothing and stay sedentary are funny .
>>
>>42775292
Which one will make you lose weight quicker? It is said that dieting is 75% of losing weight and workingout is 25%
>>
>>42774760
If you don't have a diet you will starve to death so...
>>
what are you eating in the "only working out" scenario? are we just assuming that everyone is a fatass and that the ultimate goal for everyone is to lose weight? if you're "only working out" are you also dieting in the form of eating a deficit? because if you're not eating a deficit you won't lose a gram of weight.
>>
Why not do both?
>>
>>42775334
Hypothetically, lets propose a more average diet, still having a deficit, but having a higher amount of calories than the "just diet" option. Is it worth it to work out harder to create more deficit or just be more concious of nutrient consumption
>>
>>42774760
So... choose between only eating or... only working out... uh...
>>
>>42775354
normally we don't talk about "creating more deficit" by working out more. normally you aim for a specific deficit, say 500kcals, look at how much energy you burn in a day including all the exercise you intend to do and then set your daily calorie goal based on that.

what you're proposing is to first do this calculation and then afterwards add even more exericse, but this is backwards. you should choose the deficit first because that's the most important parameter, and controls how hungry you'll be, how quickly you'll lose weight, how effective your training will be, how much muscle mass you'll lose and so on. next you add all the exercise you want to do. how many calories you should eat is then automatically determined.

to specifically answer your question: first set the deficit to find a good compromise between losing weight and all the negative shit (muscle loss, hunger, recovery problems etc), then make a solid training program that aims to build/maintain muscle mass, because muscles burn a lot of calories and thus are important for long term dieting success, plus they help you look better when you're done. once you've determined the deficit and training you calculate how much food you can eat.
>>
I feel like this question would be more interesting sting if it was
>if you could need ether only dieting or only working out

Cause then you have to wonder if you pick perfect nutrition or all the time in the world because you never have to work out to get gains as long as you eat right.

In your case I'd probably go only working out, because then at least you can look big to normies. Why would you want to only diet if you were doomed to skelehood.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.