[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get rid of my OCD? It's torture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: images-6.jpg (8KB, 352x143px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
8KB, 352x143px
How do I get rid of my OCD? It's torture
>>
File: 1501024060045.png (576KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501024060045.png
576KB, 600x600px
>>42772844

Press F5 and wait for a response.

Nice Dubs.
>>
>>42772844
Medication.
>>
File: jacquesdavid-horatii.jpg (2MB, 2332x1797px) Image search: [Google]
jacquesdavid-horatii.jpg
2MB, 2332x1797px
Small acts of rebellion, like anything. Deliberately feel "uneasy", don't touch the thing for the third time. Don't wash your hands for the second time. Do things in a different order.

Took me about two years from the ages of 14-16. Good luck, friend.
>>
File: 1482293500337.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482293500337.gif
2MB, 600x600px
Track every single gram of what I eat and panic whenever someone offer me something.
Have to google every single ingredient to see if it won't impair test.
Always planning every meal ahead of time and eat like a professional bodybuilder (0 cheat).

All of this and I'm dyel as fuck.
Is it OCD guys?
>>
>>42772844
Try reading a bible and praying about it. People are gonna shred me apart for saying this, but really, what do you have to lose?
>>
Gradual exposure to things that make uncomfortable. Also constantly try to control/slow your breath.

I had it severly when I was 13 and went on prozac and was admitted to a psychiatric care unit which helped a lot, but I only took prozac for 2 years and OCD slowly comes back every now and again without me noticing. I feel fine right now, I'm rarely anxious, just have to constantly push yourself past the unbearing anxiety and dread, might take some days/weeks before you notice things get easier. Same principle applied for severe social/general anxiety I had through highschool (caused by taking prozac improperly and stopping cold turkey from high dose instead of weening off.)

Having gone through it I feel a lot mentally tougher, can handle general stressful situations a lot easier and am overall a lot calmer in adversity.

Treat it as an opportunity to grow as a person, with enough effort you will get through it, life is so much more enjoyable/relaxing now than before.

I forgot what it was like to feel normal, used to have a constant base level of dread and stress that I could never suppress, nowadays the worry/anxiety from daily life, uni etc never reaches a tenth of what I constantly went through in my teens.
Most people take their mental health for granted but managing ocd makes any other stress/inconvenience so much easier to manage.

Just feel hopeful in knowing that its possible to feel normal again, and one day might even feel glad to have gone through it. It's never fully gone, but in my case I've controlled it to the point that I forget I have it most days.
>>
>>42772844
What type of OCD do you have?

I have it to, am a literal expert.
>>
>>42773412
Incredibly harmful advice. Prayer will become a compulsion which is an unhealthy way of dealing with your obsessions. Praying will eventually make your obsessions come back stronger and you will get stuck in the obsessive compulsive loop
>>
>>42773216
Youre dyel as fuck because you arent eating enough. You need quality and quantity
>>
>>42772844
>>42773216
Lift and don't shower or wash hands until you go to bed. Leave your gym bag in the middle of a room. Spit on the floor. Wear dirty clothing to the gym
>>
>>42775689
Pure O
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.