[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adult Dental Braces. (I cant get Invisiline)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 23123123123123.jpg (136KB, 1001x1024px) Image search: [Google]
23123123123123.jpg
136KB, 1001x1024px
I'm 26, I'm pretty decent shape, going on 5 years with my girlfriend, and I'm doing really well with my company.

I have finally decided to correct a retarded display of immaturity I made as a teen. I needed braces as a teen. I flat out refuses, and since I was a good student, had no discipline issues, and was good at my family sport(dad is an ex-pro, baseball)...they let me have my way. I'm a spoiled piece of shit brat, you don't have to tell me. Something tells me wearing braces for 3 years until im almost 30 will be punishment enough.

I'm getting way too many cavities because i have teeth turned in shitty positions. And well I just feel shitty about not having good looking teeth despite having had the opportunity. I don't smoke or drink coffee fuckers are pretty white compared to the average person.

I'm worried about how my braces are going to effect my professional career. I'm a project manager at a big pharma manufacturing plant, and I meet with clients nearly every week to convince them to allow our plant to produce whatever drug it is that they want to sell. I don't think my on going clients will have much of an issue with it, if anything they will see me as a man that wants to improve himself. But I'm worried new clients may see me as a under-30 "kid that literally has braces" and will unfairly judge me. Does anyone have any experience wearing braces as a near 30 year old in the professional world?

My girlfriend, probably soon to be fiancee is absolutely supportive of getting braces, just as she loves the work I put into my body the last couple years. They'll very likely be off before the wedding assuming we get engaged before 2018.

>Is this more of a question for biz?
>>
>>42763597
Did you look in to lingual braces? They work like traditional braces, but behind your teeth. Idk if it costs more though.
>>
>>42763597
>Is this more of a question for biz?

No.

This is a question for you. You wanna get your teeth fixed? Do it.

I know one guy from work who had his removed at like age 27. The only thing he says is how happy he is now that he did it. Do you work in kindergarden? In any normal environment it should be nobody's business.
>>
>>42763597
how's your gf relevant to this whole blog and your question?
>>
>>42763642
This.
Get them anon. There's a lot of good options for braces nowadays.
>>
>>42763597
31yo reporting in
from experience, I would say it depends on what level are the people you meet
as an owner/manager I don't give a flying fuck about it, I would make a deal with fat Asian midget with herpes if that meant good business
middle management wagecucks - depends on the person, there may be problems there
>>
>>42763689

Yea, that's me. I'm the big swinging dick when I bring in an account and our plant makes millions in producing a product, but if we lose a client I work with or there's an issue with the "batch" they circumcise the fuck out of me(i would say castrate, but they don't want to hurt my ego too much, they just like to make my life more painful and it's not right)
>>
>>42763642
>>42763672

im about 90% im getting braced. i just keep imagining my new smile.

>>42763655
she wasn't it was just shitty bloat to to post, sorry. it would be a more interesting topic if it was a concern over me having braces for our wedding pictures/ceremony
>>
>project manager at big pharma at 26
>Tfw 22 y/o dropout

Fucing end me.
>>
>>42763741
Man there are people who are ugly af, your shit is just temporary AND it doesn't even matter because nobody gives a shit about your braces...

>i just keep imagining my new smile.
Well just imagine your smile after you are done, and the smile of your wife, your kids maybe... Just be positive.
>>
>>42763597
Mewing is your best bet
>>
>>42763597
Why can't you get invisalign? The first doctor I went to told me no, but I decided to get a second opinion and this doctor said yes, now everything is coming along perfectly
>>
>>42763597
Tldr and cbf reading any responses so apologizes if its already been mentioned but you can get braces on the back of your teeth. Depending on your situation, ive got them on the back of my top teeth and normal ones on the bottom. 2 years noones known i have braces. I forget they're even there
>>
>>42763597
Look into invisaline. It'll take about a year and a half or so longer, but it's undetectable for the most part.
>>
File: 132890480153.jpg (230KB, 783x800px) Image search: [Google]
132890480153.jpg
230KB, 783x800px
>>42763597
Yeah, it will obvious lead to snickering behind your back and might cost you professionally. It's NOT unfair judgment, you even acknowledged this yourself. Because you were a superficial brat, you are now in a position where you need metal bound to your teeth for three years. How does that not speak to your character?

All said, here's the flipside. People will judge you 10x worse if you have fucked or missing teeth. It shows that you literally did nothing about it for 30 years, which is much more indicative of serious character flaws than the above. Get the goddamn braces, take your lumps, and in three years don't give a fuck

the tl;dr is that your outside is a reflection of your inside. Do you want people to mock you for a while for being foolish in the past, or do you want people to be revolted by you for the rest of your life for not correcting a correctable flaw and taking the easy, painless in the present path of inaction?
>>
>>42763597
You get cavities because you're shit at brushing/flossing and using mouth wash. But at least you weren't retarded like me. Spent 6 years in braces, didn't wear the retainer, and few teeth went to complete shit 7 years after I got my braces off.
>>
>>42763831
do you never wear the retainer at all or do you stop wearing it after a while? how long?
>>
>>42763842
I wore it for maybe 3-4 months, got tired of sucking saliva all night and then waking up in a puddle of drool so I stopped wearing it. I thought i was gonna get those Invisiline retainer things, cheap fucking bastards.
>>
>>42763824

>Because you were a superficial brat, you are now in a position where you need metal bound to your teeth for three years. How does that not speak to your character

this is exactly my case, but what about the guy who had methhead parents, came from nothing then when he stabilized his house and his car he then finally could afford to get braces

i guess that's what i hope my client picture, rather than a teen punching walls and yelling when he's told he needs to wear braces for 9 months.
>it's funny if i had worn them as a teen the time would be shorter too, but as we grow our bones harden and it takes longer to move the teeth
>>
Personally I don't think an individual or group of professionals who are in charge of a decision that is worth big dollars like you're dealing with are going to base their decisions on the fact you have braces. No more than than if you were black, Hispanic, gay etc etc. Heck some people might even think it was braces from some kind jaw surgery.

If you want to fix your teeth, then do it.
>>
>>42763852
i'm wearing the invisalign one, didn't know other kind has that saliva problem
>>42763855
>rather than a teen punching walls and yelling when he's told he needs to wear braces for 9 months.
if i have a son like this, i'll slap him in the face so hard for passing the opportunity to become chad, then forcefully drag him to orthodontist
i wore braces for 5 years as adult, definitely regret not getting it during teen
>>
>>42763597
>I meet with clients nearly every week to convince them to allow our plant to produce whatever drug it is that they want to sell

you sound like an "account man" from madmen
>>
>>42763855
Yeah, but if you had them as a teen, there's a huge likelihood that you wouldn't wear the retainer and you'd be in roughly the same spot you're now. Most teens don't wear theirs, I know I didn't.
>>
File: new_car_smell.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
new_car_smell.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>42763794
>Look into invisaline. It'll take about a year and a half or so longer
FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

Invisalign is quicker than traditional braces. Invisalign is about aesthetics, getting a pretty smile. Braces is about making sure your teeth line up perfectly, with your jaw and blah blah, usually requires extracting multiple teeth to make room movement.

"Invisalign with Propel" cuts your time in half!!!
>>
>>42763885

my parents took a complete hands off approach to me. for the most part, it worked. i did great in school, no discipline issues, i have a fantastic loving relationship with them

it's really one of the only decisions from my teen years i regret. i have a feeling if you asked a lot of men if "would you trade places with a guy thats only mistake he made as a teen was not getting braces" they would in less than a second.
>>
>>42763597
It's gonna be hard for the first couple of weeks since you can't eat food that you need to chew and you might spit while talking and harder to talk coherently. At least from my experience. Idk if the west has more advanced brace tech that gets rid of these cons

t. third worlder
>>
File: 1504498081858.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504498081858.gif
2MB, 286x400px
i just got them on 2 weeks ago,i could not bite a fucking wiener the first day.
im seeing a little progress,i got literal vampire teeths.
believe is not that bad and if you dont smile,no one will notice,at my work noone did yet.

also you WILL NEVER MAKE IT WITHOUT A GREAT SMILE
>>
File: IMG_0066.png (171KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.png
171KB, 1280x1280px
>>42763597
>live in a country where braces are a status symbol
>have my braces reattached by new ortho because shitty former ortho fucked up my teeth alignment
>5% of my income goes to new braces
>people think i'm rich
>>
>>42763597
Kek I also refused but for some reason most people who had braces when they were children have horse face. However this might be because of shitty dentists, who knows.
>>
Yeah get them. Just gonna say that they fucking ruin your looks. I mean for the time you have them on.

24 years old and having braces till february
>>
you will care more than anyone else will. I had braces from 22-24 and people would ask me about when I'd get them off/when did I get them on. beyond that no one gave a fuck, I went to company meetings just fine, my boss never looked twice, and clients didn't care. just get them.
>>
>>42763794
My invisalign took me from classic British smile to Hollywood in 6 months. The only problem is they literally move throughout the day and I have to wear the retainer every night otherwise it won't fit after 24 hours of not wearing it. My teeth move so aggressively its my British genetics trying to ensure I have a shit-tier smile.

Also, once you finish Invisalign they give you these 'extra strong Vivero' retainers but they're not extra strong they're just a slightly thicker plastic. I had three set that were supposed to last me ten years and two of the three sets snapped within the first 6 months,
>>
>>42767970
definitely because of shitty dentists, horse face happens when they should've gotten teeth removed before braces because their mouth is too small.
>>
>>42767970
>Now I'm insecure if I have horse face or not
Thanks /fit/.
>>
I had fast braces for 7 months, I lost loads of weight (helped with cutting as I couldn't eat hard junk food) I got them off 2 months ago and it was defo worth it. Chad-tier smile get complements about my teeth from time to time.
>>
>>42768007
So if i understand this correctly you never get done with the invisalign thing and you have to wear a plastic thing in your mouth for the rest of your life?

That sounds pretty shitty
>>
>>42763597
didn't read your blog but i hope you like getting wedgies nerd.
>>
>>42770078
even with regular braces you're supposed to wear retainers at night for the rest of your life. with invisalign you have a higher chance of your teeth shifting though, so you might as well get metal braces.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.