[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rack/Cage for Squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: meme.jpg (190KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
190KB, 1500x1500px
HOW TO SQUAT HEAVY WITHOUT POWERCAGE/RACK?

Hello /fit/izens, I have a home for my personal use, I have a bench, a bar and free weights, but I can’t do SQUATS, I will only live in here for less than a year so no point in buying a powercage/rack, so I want a diy solution, diy powercages seem expensive and need tools I don’t have, so I was wondering if any of you know of some approved ways to do squats securely without a powercage?
>>
>>42761433
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=power+rack

If you can't afford to spend $100 to $300 for on a power rack for a year you need to prioritize bulking up your income for now. You can always squat next year.
>>
>>42761433
Just squat in the grass, m8
>>
>>42761456
However if you are looking at getting one of these, I bought the "Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage". Just the rack, I got a bench separately for about $50 at Dicks. Kept it outside, for 3 years now, and its still standing and in solid condition.
>>
>>42761456
>>42761483

Thanks but the thing is i live in the middle of nowhere in mexico, and the shipping would cost a fuckload of extra money

>you need to prioritize bulking up your income for now
Im 16 so mental gainz are top priority, then muscle gainz and then money gainz
>>
>>42761468
The thing is that, to get into a squat position, i need to elevate the bar to my shoulders, and i cant do that with the ammount of weight needed to do squats, i want to go for 10 reps, not 25
>>
Bumper plates, squat ass to grass(get comfortable in the hole), and squat somewhere with a strong floor.
>>
>>42761643
>i want to go for 10 reps

ah, you're fucked anyway, stupid faggot. best for you to not even bother.
>>
>>42761851
I agree, you're wasting your time going over 5.
>>
Build a squat rack out of wood. Enough reinforcement with large lumber and it should be safe.
>>
File: 1504315237008.jpg (150KB, 736x919px) Image search: [Google]
1504315237008.jpg
150KB, 736x919px
>>42761433
Learn to Steinborn squat

All other replies are dyel
>>
>>42762190
I was gonna say the same thing, didn't know it had a name tho

Thanks anon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.