[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrist support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 41CnZuX89BL.jpg (20KB, 417x264px) Image search: [Google]
41CnZuX89BL.jpg
20KB, 417x264px
I took a break from lifting because my wrists couldn't keep up. They're almost healed up and I'm afraid it will happen again. Are wrist wraps or straps worth it? Or are they a crutch that will make my wrists weak while I make gains? Anyone lift with them?
>>
Bumping for OP. Once I get into the ~120 OHP range is usually when my wrists start to fail me. Most I've hit was one plate OHP
>>
Is it actually beneficial to wear wrist or ankle weights throughout the day for dad dere passive gainz?
>>
I bought a pair years ago when I started going to lift, pure meme if you ask me. Might be useful for powerlifters, really heavy stuff though, but that's not my thing.
>>
>>42758835
Do you even actually care that your wrists would be weak, for what do you want your wrists to be strong? to lift more weight? you will use wrist wraps anyway...
Use wrist wraps, they will keep your wrists safe and your numbers up. If you are really worried about your wrist strength, do some wrist exercise like fist push ups.
>>
Your amazing grip strength is of almost no value in the real world. I have done three decades of shop work and I can tell you that heavy objects almost NEVER come with convenient carrying handles. Lifting is done by scooping, with strap cradles, or with winches, not gripping.
>>
File: 1440965286536.jpg (12KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1440965286536.jpg
12KB, 250x247px
>>42758835
>that wrap placement

why do I see so many people wearing these like bracelets
>>
Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and bought a pair off amazon.
>>
>>42759225
because they are dyel and wants their forearms to look bigger
>>
They'll help when I started off I couldn't curl 10kg without immense pain in my wrists.
Got a cheap meme wrist support and helped but did not solve the problem entirely, focus on your forearms a bit more.
>>
>>42759225

That's literally how that particular type is worn, you fucking faggot. Different wraps target different areas of the wrist for support.
>>
>>42759425

>this much projecting
>>
>>42759399
buy a pair of cheap everlasting boxing wrist wraps. That's what klokov wears when he lifts.
>>
>>42758835
They're a crutch. Do forearm and grip exercises. Get stronger everywhere.
>>
>>42758835
Fractures my wrist in hs fb and then the other one a few years back...use them because of or out of a sense of confidence...helps with support on heavy lifts...
>>
>>42758835
Just get wrist wraps. Use wraps for your heaviest sets and go without wraps on your warm up sets. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>42759137
It's really bad for your joints apparently.
>>
I use wrist wraps because I tore cartilage in my wrist 3 months ago and it has been slow to heal. Couldn't do any upper body movements for the first month. Wrist wraps helped me get back into benching, and they offer both physical and mental support. I'm not worried about my wrist snapping and dropping the bar on my chest now
>>
>>42759961
>They're a crutch
> protecting your joints
DYEL ?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.