[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do this exercice before benching as a warm up Is it a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: shoulder-dislocation-stretch[1].jpg (99KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder-dislocation-stretch[1].jpg
99KB, 640x360px
I do this exercice before benching as a warm up

Is it a good idea ? I don't even know what it's supposed to accomplish, it just looks cool
>>
shoulder mobility, useful for lowbar squat

for bench? idk what it would do, probably nothing, just do some arm circles like the bench chads if you want to feel like you're preventing injury or something
>>
It's a stretch twist as Well fucking hnnnngh sometimes
>>
>>42755298
Better way to warm up bench is rtc exercises, but if you use two or three warm up sets with progressively higher weights before you get to working sets, you're A-OK amigo
>>
>>42755525
>Better way to warm up bench is rtc exercises

this is a rotator cuff exercise, retard
>>
over a LONG period of time you should progress to a narrower grip and a bigger weight. Proper way to do it, many people get this wrong:

>when you start from the front, protract your shoulders maximally. (most common mistake)
> when the bar is above your head, elevate the scapula maximally
>when the bar is behind you, retract the scapula maximally

>no arching of the back
>if you bend your arms you are doing a grip that's to narrow
>>
File: shoulder stretch.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder stretch.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>42755298
buy one of these door rope shoulder stretch devices for the full range of chest stretching OR use the cable machine if available.

You also need loose traps and loose lats to do bench properly.
>>
Also this exercise is done by Olympic gymnasts after their training, the reason - your shoulders are warmed up at the end of your workout. You reap most benefits when you do this exercise with warmed up shoulders.

You still get a lot of benefits when you do it without a warm up. It won't have a negative or positive effect on your bench press.
>>
>>42755298
What muscles does this strengthen if done with a narrow grip on a resistance band?
>>
>>42755298
Very good for shoulders. Added bonus of just feeling amazing.
>>
>>42755712
that's a bad idea, you'll get shoulder pain from doing it like that.

If you want to use a resistance band, and get something out of this exercise, you have to use a wide grip and minimal pulling. You can try it, your way, but if you get even a slight pain from it, then after 1-2 weeks of doing it you'll have rekt shoulders.
>>
>>42755298
Love doing it before as a stretch, during for mobility, and after to cool down. Feels fucking amazing. Fucked my shoulder up doing dumb bell shoulder press and this warm up exercise has changed my life and allowed me to do bench and OHP again.

Love it!
>>
>>42755298
I do this 2x10 every day I lift, along with band pull aparts. Takes like two minutes and my shoulders are always ready to squat/bench/ohp.
Too many bros complaining about shoulder pain/discomfort because they can't take 2 minutes to warm up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.