[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: large_spinal_deformity_s_k_l.jpg (159KB, 736x491px) Image search: [Google]
large_spinal_deformity_s_k_l.jpg
159KB, 736x491px
What should I do /fit/? I just got disgnosed with double scoliosis which according to my orthopedist has given me kyphosis and lordosis too. She told me to stop lifting because it only makes things worse and start doing stretches, cardio, pushups, planks and other light exercises. Should I listen to her and forget about the gym completely or keep going but avoid lifts which put too much stress on my back such as desdlifts and squats?
Pic related, I have all three
>>
Well OP, the best thing is probably just to kill urself
>>
listen to the fucking doctor over anyone on 4chan you drooling retard
>>
Got scoliosis and lordosis as well, feelsbadman.
>>
>>42754897
I've met some very intelligent people here before, just thought I'd ask
>>
>>42754929
what made you go to get checked out for this? what are the symptoms of having this (if any) ?
>>
>>42755006
Not him but in my case it was pain on the left side of the lower back + you can notice it in the mirror, look at OP's pic
>>
>>42754696
Getting surgery is literally the only solution.
If the curvature isn't bad enough to warrant surgery than try your best to get over the aesthetics and just lift/run/whatever exercise you like to do, do it for the fun of it.
In the time before your surgery just lift as normal and stop if you get any pains in your back and you can probably half whatever time scale they tell you to stop lifting after the surgery. You've got to remember that doctors have to avoid lawsuits, they'll be ultra-conservative with exercise, especially one's they don't understand.
t. kyphosis-fag who had it fixed with surgery and started lifting after 3 months and was playing rugby within six months.
Also you'll enjoy getting noob gains again after surgery
>>
Isn't it only scoliosis that needs surgery here? Lordosis stretches are pretty easy, kyphosis stretches are kind of more weird and need a roller but it's manageable.
Depends on the scoliosis. I lift with double scoliosis and I'm fine. My shoulders are noticeably asymmetric but what gives.
>inb4 somebody posts a pic of lamar gant
>>
Isn't scoliosis surgery like 100-150 grand
>>
File: 1497848036083.jpg (79KB, 1024x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1497848036083.jpg
79KB, 1024x1182px
>Depends on the scoliosis. I lift with double scoliosis and I'm fine
Has it been getting better/worse since you started.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.