[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1493232198-hdyqt.png (20KB, 136x102px) Image search: [Google]
1493232198-hdyqt.png
20KB, 136x102px
I started going to college again at age 23. Feels like I can't memorize shit, and I'm always tired. Why am I like this? I was the same at 18 btw.
>>
>>42752854
Have you considered you might just be a brainlet?
>>
>>42752854
Vitamin deficiency, lack of sleep, or both. Go to sleep earlier and take a multi with a glass of whole milk in the morning every day for a week.
>>
>>42752854
You have to use your brain so you can get smarter. If you've always avoided studying and learning, then your brain is used to not caring about retaining information.
>>
>>42752897
Is this a thing? Memory is trainable?
>>
>>42752896
You need to take multivitamins with a fatty meal. Milk doesn't have enough fat to digest all the fat soluble vitamins. You're basically wasting money. You're also wasting if you don't TYVD with orange juice or something high in C.
>>
>>42752904
They've done studies on this, if you use certain portions of your brain a lot, then that part gets bigger and works better. Old school non gps cab drivers have a huge hippocampus because they had to memorize the layout of an entire city.
>>
>>42752924
Sweet
>>
>>42752854
Learning can be mentally draining.

The best way forward is discipline and a system of self-evaluation that doesn't depend on how you feel in the moment doing the work.

The way you feel about your ability to focus and progress can vary wildly for the same actual amount of focus and progress. And it's not just a person-to-person difference, you can vary on those depending on subject or even topics within a subject.

Sleep enough, eat well, exercise, be disciplined about studies.
>>
>>42754552
So what you mean is that I should power through the feelings of helplessness and unfathomable lethargy
>>
>>42752854
Because you're literally retarded.

It's okay anon, we still need construction workers until automation makes retards like you functionally useless
>>
Your brain needs to go over material countless times to make a connection and memorize, doesn't mean your fucking retarded, get more sleep, take fish oil and get more vitamins and take notes and engage your brain when on class.
>>
>>42752854
Are you depressed? Try seeing a therapist. It's not always helpful, but worth a shot.
>>
>>42752854
Other anons have made some good points, and all I can think of to contribute is write things down, like physically draw the letters instead of typing, and also look into the pomodoro method for studying, eg. 25 minutes of study, 5 minutes of rest, to maximize retention
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.