[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 39

File: IMG-20170901-WA0002.jpg (37KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170901-WA0002.jpg
37KB, 500x464px
Is Turkey minced meat still considered red meat?
>>
>>42752306
No
What is "still" doing in that sentence?
>>
Is there a way to know if you have shitty insertions, zipper abs, visible jawline or good frame when youre fat? I dont know if its worth it to lose weight if Ill still look shitty after 5 years.
>>
Why would it "still" be considered red meat when it was never red meat to begin with?
>>
stalling on pullups what do
>>
>>42752306
do you understand what red meat is? something cannot "still" be red meat that was not red meat ot start with bruh
>>
>>42752536
God damn I fucking hate you fatasses
>>
>>42752536
You will objectively look better no matter what
You have no reason besides gluttony not to lose that weight
>>
>>42752571
>>42752309
Th-thanks guys. I may be a little slow in the noggin but I'm gonna make it.
>>
>>42752570
Add sets. But don't worry too much. Over time you'll just naturally be able to do more.

Doing exercises like last pull downs might help you gain pull up strength too.

Also if you're losing weight, the lighter you are, the more you'll be able to do is the general rule
>>
My brand of rolled oats has 57g carbs, of which 0.7g are sugars (per 100g). Carbs-wise it sounds rather high. My normal serving size is 40g, added to 40g whey powder, mixed with boiling water.

When on a ketogenic diet, should you even eat oats at all?
>>
>>42752822
?????
On a ketogenic diet, should you eat something that is almost literally pure carbs with a low satiety:calorie ratio? No!
>>
>>42752828
Low satiety? It keeps you filled for ages, to the point it feels you can't even eat another bite.

The question mainly is: is it the carbs that matter or the sugars that matter while on keto.
>>
>>42752852
low satiety to calorie ratio, as I said, which is why oats are one of the first things to go when ad-libitum dieting

and honestly dude, how could you being doing keto or even considering it without knowing that? asking that question evinces a complete lack of a basic understanding of ketogenic diets
A ketogenic diet is a diet low enough in carbs that your body is forced to produce ketones from fat in order to fuel brain function; the threshold is, for men, around 100 grams of carbs per day

Read a little, dude, stop getting your fitness info from this last bastion of broscience for people who watch hentai
>>
>>42752882
My basic understanding of ketogenic diet is to stay under 50g of carb. My serving size + whey has a total of 25,8g of carbs, which is about half the permitted amount. My other meals consist out of mainly chicken, fatty fish and leafy greens or legumes depending on the day. If I calculate everything correctly, I should still be under my carb allowance.

As for my lack of understanding: There is a reason why I'm posting to a QTDDTOT.
>>
How do I take progress pics as a female? Is it the same? Already starting to lose a lot of weight so I feel I should take one before it's too late.
>>
Cardio before or after lifting?
>>
>>42752950
On a different day than lifting.
>>
>>42752950
After
>>
>>42752939
Full body pic in underwear front sides and back.
Do it in the same place and under the same lighting every time.
Try to do it on a certain schedule as well.

It's what I do and I'm a man.
>>
>>42752939
standard procedure is to do one unflexed, and a few basic poses: front double bicep, most muscular, glute spread, etc.

>>42752950
"As long as the intensity is kept low, doing a short cardio workout before weights shouldn’t hurt intensity in the gym (just think of it as a prolonged general warm up). Doing it afterwards has less potential to impact on the weight room session itself but, for those compulsive about post-workout nutrition, does delay eating. A reasonable compromise would be to drink your post-workout drink while doing your cardio after the workout.
I would note that, after heavy leg training, most probably won’t want to do much in the way of cardio. Keeping the session to the bare minimums (e.g. 20 minutes of pretty low intensity work) is probably best. Cardio done after upper body workouts can be a bit longer and/or more intensive if desired (within the guidelines I gave above)." (Lyle McDonald)

Do it on a different day if you can, though.
>>
>>42752964
cool thanks
>>
>>42752962
>>42752964

Thanks, I appreciate the advice, will do!
>>
So I am currently in university + 30 hour job. How the fuck am I supposed to go 6 days a week when that Leaves me with no free time.
>>
Today I went to my personal trainer and I was sharing that I was trying to get my best friend into fitness as well. At first he was like your friend can tag along in your next session for no additional cost :) He looked visibly uncomfortable when he figured out my best friend is a gay man and made some insurance related excuse as to why his previous offer of letting my friend come along to our next session was not going to happen. Why are heterosexual men so homophobic? What difference would it make if my cute friend was male or female if he already has a gf?
>>
What exercises should I do to add mass to my forearms?
>>
>>42753158
Unless the only time you're not at work or at uni is when you're sleeping, you have free time.
>>
>>42752822
>When on a ketogenic diet, should you even eat oats at all?

if OP wasn't trolling then you are
>>
>>42753158
I dunno, how did I graduate from exercise science while having mono, going to two different universities, having two different jobs, and having to volunteer for my program all at the same time?
>>
>>42753158
>>42753376
>>42753405
Plus why the heck 6 times a week. It's not like you can do a 3 or 4 split/routine.
And if you really can't spend the time during the right moments (like you have one hour but when the gym is closed), just grab a pull up bar and do some body weight exercise. You can look pretty athletic with those only, though it's arguably longer.
In any case, you have to prioritize shits. Sleeping 8 hours arguably comes first. Then you have Uny and work. Then you have mandatory chores (washing clothes, cooking) and then you have sports/gym. Then only you have social shits stuff and family.
>>
Is it possible for Noob gains to run out permanently? I am dieting and lifting at the same time, 1400 calories, but am only losing 1 pound a week.
>>
I'm relatively new to lifting trying to escape skinnyfat mode. If i eat at a small calorie deficit while getting 1.5g protein pr kg will i still see gains and lose fat?
>>
Been getting back into shape for some time now, still losing weight and hitting the gym 5x a week. Going on Holiday now (10 days), what can I do to at least maintain my gains (probably no gyms in the hotels)
>>
How big of a meme ia muscle confusion, bodybuilder citing 30 years experience is bro sciencing hard on me
>>
When they say moving your hips forward to lean back on the OHP, is it the same as leaning your hip forward to engage your abs?
>>
>>42753480
Noob gain isn't time related, it's basically the amount of muscle your body is "easily" able to build. The 2 years time frame is just an estimate of how much time it takes usually.

>>42753483
Most likely, but you're not getting enough proteins. bodyweight in Kg*2.2. (that's 1g of prot per pound.

>>42753504
You won't lose anything really in term of strength. Number one thing to keep in check is your diet. Be really careful since it's easy to over eat. Then you can do some cardio, and basic body-weight exercise. Resistance bands are nice too when traveling!

>>42753521
It's an over simplification of the capacity of adaptation of the body. Obviously you're muscle has no conscience so it can't be "confused". But the idea behind it is that if you always do the same shit at the same moment, your body isn't challenge as much. Hence changing routines, exercises, or even loading of exercising. The amount of BS in some of the claims is, however, probably pretty high
>>
>>42752570
add negatives, sometimes you'll lose a rep for like a session or two.
https://youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0
>>
Thoughts on aripiprazole (anti psychotic) and mitazapine (SSRI)? also are resistance bands a meme?
>>
Is it a good idea to apply tension to your thighs and forcing them to straight, thus making it less likely to curve your lower back on the OHP?
>>
test post
>>
>>42752306
WEnt to gym to start new routine....PPLxPPLx
realised i dotn have a fucking clue as to which are pull and which are push what its lateral....Pleasse help inform me...
Bicep curls
Skull crushers
Tricep extentions
delt raise with wire directly infront of body
delt raise lateral to body

totally fucked up my monday :D
>>
Since it's no longer Fitness/health, I didn't want to open a new thread, but is anyone here trying to get fit while fighting with hidradenitis suppurativa? It's supposed to be really common but I don't know anyone who has it. Any tips? It's quite depressing and demotivating.
>>
What are /fit/'s thoughts on Ivysaur's 4-4-8?

Thinking about switching off of SS to try this out.
>>
>>42753916
it's proper tidy but think the rep variation thing is largely bunk. I don't see anything wrong with it though.
>>
>>42753916

I ran it and got my lifts to

Bench 55kg
Ohp 40kg
Squats 65kg

After that my shoulder hurt from the amount of benching and I switched to GSLP. Now my bench increased to 57.5kg and I can do 5 reps of 40kg ohp now.
>>
Doctor confirmed a rotator cuff injury today, either strained or a slight tear and I'm pretty depressed.
What the fuck do I do until it heals?
>>
>>42753990
>6 months recovery time
fuck if I know pick up a jump rope and some running shoes. Maybe some cross country skis.
>>
>>42753158
These questions are the worst, how is anybody supposed to know the answer but you?
If you have to ask in the first place then you obviously don't care, because if you did then you'd make the time for it.
Waste someone else's time with stupid questions
>>
File: Helga Lovekaty.jpg (59KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
Helga Lovekaty.jpg
59KB, 604x604px
Does anyone have those 'ideal' templates? or whatever theyre called
>>
I'm doing squats and my knee really hurts, should I carry on?
>>
>>42753896
find some store with doors, they should say "push" or "pull" on them, do that and remember the motion. Compare the feeling with your lifts.
>>
why are deadlifts so hard that you need a week to recover?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (839KB, 2134x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
839KB, 2134x1460px
>>42754099
Ok found. What do yas think?
>>
What are some good core excersises to help in ohp and squats and deadlifts?
>>
>>42752306
I work as a software dev so I sit most of the day.

Recently my legs, particularly around the hamstrings and hips have started to feel almost achy. They don't ache per se, but they're not comfy. I'm pretty sure this is just low key tension from the immobility.

Stretching takes it away, or taking a painkiller oddly.

When I stretch, hamstrings are very tight and so are calves. I'm not sure which is the more dominant factor.

Lower back has also started getting a bit tight. When I do childs pose I can feel a stretch at the very base of the back.
Back when I was doing yoga regular I never could feel that stretch although I knew that's where it worked on.

So question is:

>What are a couple leg and lower back stretches I can do just about anywhere that will loosen up those areas again?

Concerned about folding leg stretches since that whole chain is so tight I'm afraid the legs put strain on the lower back when I perform the exercise.
>>
>>42752306

My right shoulder is starting to feel all kinds of fucked up. What do? Take some time off? If not how best to work around shoulder pain? I don't want to be making it worse.
>>
>>42753174
He probably just wanted to bang your friend. Get a new trainer. That guy is a turbo creep.
>>
>>42754324
Im terrible with my flexibility. this is what I do, all of them hold for 15s, 2 sets, and 3 times a day.

Calves, Knee bent.
Calves, knee straight. (One stretch the gastrocs, the other the soleus.)
Hamstrings, knee bent.
Hamstrings, knee straight.
Hamstrings, leg turned 90 left.
Hamstrings, leg turned 90 right. (annoying, but this is the new way to stretch out hammies)
Quads
Hip flexors
Glutes
>>
>>42754630
Can you elaborate on the movement? What exercises are you using to target those muscle groups.
Also, seen much success with your routine?Cheers
>>
My budget is gonna be pretty tight for the next 2 months, so I can't afford the usual whey protein. Is soy isolate protein a good replacement?
>>
File: bured.jpg (28KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
bured.jpg
28KB, 1024x576px
I'm retoasting in this thread because posted too late in last qtddtot

"is ~1,800 calories/day going to be enough if 19 5'11'', (without shoes, 6' on) 171 lbs if I want to lose a little fat while also build muscle? I have a routine down (doing a six day/week PPL, the reddit one) and I just have no idea how much to cut"

Thank you fitbrahs.
>>
What is the upper limit to the longest time you could take creatine before a workout?
>going to workout after class
>around 2 hours between getting to class, getting out, and walking to the gym
I don't see a point in taking the creatine literally minutes before working out (would that do anything?) so would it be okay if I took it 1.5-2hrs beforehand?
>>
>>42754785
1600-1700 cals would be better.
https://tdeecalculator.net
>>
>>42754842
thank you anon, someone told me that 1,800 was auschwitz mode but 1,600-1,700 definitely sounds more reasonable (also running a six day PPL if that makes much difference)
>>
File: Uncle Bens rice.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Bens rice.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
I'v been eating a lot of uncle bens rice is this good to eat to lose weight?
>>
my side delts are becoming stronger but they are not growing, is this because i have shit muscle insertions?
been lifting 7.5 kg in lateral raises, i know its small as fuck but at least i dont want to see only bone in my shoulders
what alternative do you recommend?
>>
File: 1503592874782.jpg (4KB, 121x176px) Image search: [Google]
1503592874782.jpg
4KB, 121x176px
guys my left shoulder is in pain after my recent session. It started hurting during some bench press sets and i couldnt finish them. I could still do some curls and squats

how long till it heals boys, should i take some time off the gym till it does? FeelsBadMan
>>
I've been getting pain in my back right by my neck/in line with my shoulders especially during times at work when I lift up something heavy. Is there something I can do to fix the pain in my traps?
>>
>>42754926
how much you having? it depends on the rest of your diet
>>
>>42754904
Haha, np bro. We've got almost the same weight and height. I'm also doing a split similar to PPL and I'm currently cutting on 1700 cals.
We're both gonna make it.
>>
>>42754203
For how long have you been doing deadlifts?
>>
>>42755118
If you are being serious then go see a doctor asap. Back pains shouldn't be underestimated.
>>
Is it bad to do 3x8 of squats?
Or should I just do 3x5 at a higher weight
>>
>>42752536
No matter how bad your insertions are, you will look infinitely better. Normies dont even know what insertions are.
>>
Is it normal for doms to almost disappear after the first week or two of lifting??
>>
>>42755231
What does your routine says? If you feel like you're not progressing you can try 3x5 with heavier weights.
>>
>>42752536
If you are not baiting then you should know that no matter how shitty your insertions are you will still look waaaay better than when you are fat.
>>
>>42755260
Okay, I was just wondering because I was starting to think you shouldn't do high reps in a similar vein to dead lifts, Because your form can deteriorate and then you can hurt yourself
>>
>>42755251
Yes. Also DOMs are not an accurate way of telling whether you are progressing or not.
>>
>>42755282
The rule of thumb is that as long as form is good you're golden. If you can do 3x8 with good form and your lifts are going up then more power to you.
>>
File: cookies.jpg (143KB, 1280x930px) Image search: [Google]
cookies.jpg
143KB, 1280x930px
>>42755297
Thanks
>>
>>42755284
Ok, thanks. I just like doms cause they make me feel like i actually pushed myself.
>>
>>42754203
about a year
>>
>>42754758
Still haven't figured out if phyto estrogens are a meme or not. But why not try gluten? Seems cheap as fuck as long as your not allergic to it!
>>
>>42755317
whoops, meant for >>42755214
>>
>>42754969
At 7.5 kg it's no wonder your muscles are not getting huge, but don't sweat it, everything takes time. You can try Upright Rows instead but make sure to do OHP as well since it targets the delts too..
>>
File: IMG_0266.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0266.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Can you do body weight excicises on rest days (i.e. Planks, push-ups, etc)
>>
>>42755312
Haha, we all do.
>>
>>42755342
Sure, as long as you're getting enough rest and your lifts don't suffer from overtraining.
>>
>>42755342
No as a general rule of thumb. Rest days are when you're building the muscle. So working out is a sure way to over train.
More is not best in this case.
>>
>>42755317
The only thing that I can think of is that you're probably really pushing yourself. Next time try lifting lighter weights and see how it goes. If form is good, lifts are progressing and there are no back problems then you do you.
>>
>>42755320
It seems like soy has a bit more protein than regular gluten products but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>42755046
Could be the rotator cuff. I wouldn't push it for a while. Give it at least 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>42754141
No. Get your knee examined by a professional before hurting yourself more.
>>
>>42754689
Havent been following up on it desu. I also have to do some foam rolling on my ITB. But dont worry about that. They are just static stretches.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/9m6JBQjuEUf2YWypt7R4JkSyY3I/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2013/03/11/5/192/1922729/6081fbbe7ab94b95_Calf-Stretch-Wall-Outside-3-use/i/Wall-Curb-Stretch.jpg

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/images/stretches/soleus-stretch150.jpg
(this one I like to put something under the ball of my foot)

Knee bent hammies, I just keep feet on floor, bend knee, bend over, stretch out.

Knees straight, just ur leg on a chair or bed, do it with toes pointing up, toes pionting left and right (comfortabley) i cant find a video with it in it.

the others are straight forward, take your time doing these, feel the stretch, its also something that takes a little practise, listen to yo body
>>
>>42752882
what are foods with high satiety to calorie ratio
>>
>>42753371
Wrist curls and farmer walks. Also hold the bar really tight if you are doing deadlifts.
>>
>>42755337
Currently doing it but my form is shit so my bones click when i do it and i dont feel pain in my shoulders when i do it but in my back

How the cable flys, is it good ?
>>
HOW TO GET BIG???
I can't seem to gain weight/get past the plateau
>>
>Ride bike to gym
>Straight uphill
Will the cardio involved kill gains?
>>
>>42755513
Nice one man, cheers. I'll give these a go
>>
>waiting for her to text me
how on earth do I become less emotionally dependent on women?
>>
>be black
>be 5'9"
>girlfriend is white, 5'11"
>start coming to /fit/ last year
>get fit, girlfriend loves it
>spend a lot of time on /fit/
>every time she kisses me, or we cuddle I get sad depressed because I'm a manlet
>every time I take her to a restaurant and look at her, I get worried because shes a coalburner

I think this place is toxic /fit/. What do?
>>
>>42755640
Find a hobby, something you can produce, music, art, literature, etc. Focus on that and realize it'll bring you more happiness than a silly girl
>>
>>42755438
My intels says Gluten 381Cal/77g Prot, Soy protein 338/81
So indeed soy seems better with raw figures. But try to look down the amino acid profiel of these two proteins, their absorption rate, and more importantly in your case the price!
>>
>>42755664
step one: neck yourself
>>
>>42755640
Porn.
>>
>>42755580
eat more you retard
>>
>>42755580

>HOW TO GET BIG???

EAT BIG
>>
>>42755553
>my bones click
That's normal.
>Currently doing it but my form is shit
>when i do it and i dont feel pain in my shoulders when i do it but in my back
What. Stop doing whatever you are doing and ask somebody at the gym to show you how to properly do them. If you can't do them properly with 7,5 kg just lift lighter. Lifting heavier with bad form buys you a ticket to Snap City.
>How the cable flys, is it good ?
If your form is good, which I seriously doubt, then yes it's ok, but it doesn't target the detls that much.
>>
>>42755581
Yeah, better pack another scoop of that creatine stuff.
>>
>>42755704
>>42755707
HOW?? AND WHAT? IM SO FULL ALREADY
>>
I'm skinnyfat and terrified of getting even fatter. When I go on a clean bulk, how much of a surplus above my TDEE should I be consuming calories at?
>>
>>42755678
Thanks a lot anon!
>>
>>42755734
ANYTHING! WHATEVER IT TAKES.
>>
>>42755640
On a less satirical stance, count your calories. Pretty sure you don't eat as much as you think...
>>
>>42755751
i eat too much now im too fat
>>
>>42755736
If you have any significant fat left just lose that before bulking. 500 is the usual number but try 200 and move up from there in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>42755736
If you're skinny fat, don't bulk. Eat at maintenance or +100 cals and lift. You won't get fatter, you'll build muscle and you'll "tone up" ie burn some fat.
Clean bulking is usually somewhere between 300cals to 500cals if your TDEE is high like 2500). In your case it you'd prolly be 300.

>>42755738
You're welcome!
>>
How much fiber do you take daily?
>>
>>42755780
>>42755797
I'm 5 foot 6 and 135 pounds. My TDEE is 2,261 as averaged between two different TDEE calculators at between light and moderate activity level. I'm planning on lifting 3 times per week with cardio twice per week in between lifting days. Should I bulk at +100, or +300?
>>
>>42755677
I actually really have stuff to do, I'm just paralized by the fear of getting dumped

>>42755697
can't wait to go back to it once it's clear she ghosted me

>>42755765
already counting my calories. 3.5k to gain a pound a month. pretty weird huh, I guess I'm an inefficient metabolizer
>>
>>42752306
Is this a good SS routine for better upper body development?

>SS + chin-ups + leg raises at end of every session. Once you're able to do 3x10 chin-ups, start adding weight and doing it for 5x5; same logic applies to leg raises, but time will be your limiting factor in this case (2min sets minimum). Weighted chin-ups will be FAR MORE effective for arms gains than curling. I cannot emphasize this enough.

>As for triceps, add 4x10 sets at 60-70% of the load you used for the day to the press movements, be it bench press or overhead press. Example:
>> Bench press: 3x5 @ 70kg + 4x10 49kg
>Even though 49kg (total) will feel very light after 70kg, it will be enough for hypertrophy (in fact, tripling the total volume for the bench). Doing these 4x10 sets at a higher % of load will sure screw your progression at SS by burning-out sooner.
>>
File: SS meme.png (732KB, 926x460px) Image search: [Google]
SS meme.png
732KB, 926x460px
I'll start gym next week and planned to follow the SS program in the sticky but then I stumbled upon pic related, should I be careful? Do another program instead? Or is it just a meme?
>>
File: t-pills (1).jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
t-pills (1).jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>42752306

theres a bogo sale and im thinking about buying some T-boosters since it will be half off

I just dont know what its used for or how would i use it.

I got to the gym about 3 to 4 times a week and usually buy/make a protein shake once I get home.

I weigh about 300 pounds and been lifting seriously for about 3 months
>>
>>42755943
1. It's a meme
2. After a two or three months make sure to add other shit to your routine.
>>
>>42755404
Yeah, but if I push myself comparably much while squatting or benching or pressing I can do they same weight again in two, maybe three days.
What makes deadlifts such a bitch to recover from?
>>
>>42755966
Ok m8, thanks, I think I'll ask for the PT that works there for a few tips too
>>
>>42755581
well logically when you're going back home it's going to be downhill, so you'll the calories you spent while going uphill and it all equalizes out in the end
>>
>>42755943
>>42755966
>>42756016
i want nu/fit/ to leave NOW
>>
guys I am working out to be happier and it isn't working all the way I'm only happy right after (endorphins) and sometimes I think about how terrible of a person I am (weak, ugly, stupid, akward/autist, 4ever alone) as I am actually working out.

Friday I left the gym after completing everything and sat and cried in my car because I hated myself so much. I try to brush it off and continue on with things (I worked out Monday) but it the desire to crawl into a cave and never leave is unending. does anyone have any advice? I've already done the therapist meme (but it felt like I was just supposed to be talking about my week and nothing really ever happens so it never felt like I was getting anywhere) and on meds.

advice?
>>
>>42756030
Are you doing anything else fulfilling with your life? Spending time with friends, travelling, reading good books, partying?
>>
Say if I'm 150lbs and my TDEE is 2000

I then gain 10lbs and weigh 160lbs. Is there an easy way to calculate what my new TDEE is?
>>
>>42756095
Use a TDEE calculator.
>>
>>42755858
It's not. You're probably not as active as you think.
I'm 5 9, 140 pounds, 14% BF, exercising a lot (maybe 4h of lifting, and about 3h of running per week) but with a desk job. My TDEE is 2200.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (145KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
145KB, 640x1136px
How fix fucked up posture plz respond
>>
>>42756069
I try to but no I am not really doing anything fulfilling at the moment. I know 2 people IRL and I hung out with them yesterday to play games and I kept thinking about how cheerful they were acting and I just wanted to leave because I worried I was dragging them down and they'd notice soon. maybe I should fake cheerfulness to maintain their friendship at least? if I stop seeing them I'll have no one.

I used to enjoy reading a lot but I feel no desire for it. alot of things feel pointless lately.

I've tried taking on new hobbies (taking classes, sports, meeting people) but I feel awkward and weird and anxious the whole time
>>
>>42752939
also take them right when you wake up, not late in the day, not after a meal or workout
>>
Is it normal to sing in the gym?
>>
>>42756181
Try telling your buddies how you feel and see if they can help you.
>>
I want a snack from the gas station to get me through the next 5 hours.

What should I get?
>>
>>42756383
An apple or a banana.
Or read the fucking labels and figure it out like a grown boy with the cals depending on your fucking macros.
>>
>>42756403
I was thinking a Snickers, or a Cosmic Brownie.
>>
>>42752306
Its poultry you dumb fuck
>>
>>42756134
just make a conscious effort to fix it
>>
so ive been lifting a decent while now and squatting has always been one of my strong points. ive had bad form that ive had to correct for some other lifts but never squatting. however recently i seem to have quite bad pain in my lower back right by my left hip and also near my tailbone when squatting. this seemed to happen after i returned from vacation and hadnt squat in quite a while and just jumped back in. now i am focusing extra hard on my form when squatting however still have back pain. am i doing something wrong or did i just pick up an injury and need to wait for it to subside? do i keep squatting or give it a break?
>>
>>42755664
Fellow black guy here. You're living my dream you fucking useless nigger, stop caring so much about how other people think. Nobody cares about you being short and that your qt tall gf sucks black cock and if they do who cares shes with you not them.

so fuck off before i find you and commit some serious black on black crime im fucking rustled by this post.
>>
I made her cum three times in one round with my dick, why is she ghosting me?
>>
how practical are ab rollers as home work out equipment? I know they're cheap I just want to know if they work okay. I positively hate crunches and sit-ups.
>>
>>42752306
Looking to lose 50lbs, already lost 100lbs.

So I'm doing starting strength. Things are going well. But I added some cardio (stairstepper 3x a week) and I'm seeing some improved weight loss from that. Is this going to hurt my performance in Starting Strength?
>>
>>42756766
They're pretty ok! I personally don't really like them but for a home workout it's a must have!
>>
>>42756769
It won't. I'm lifting 4h a week, running 3h a week.
>>
How do I get into having oats for a high calorie breakfast
>>
>>42756864
Thank you anon
>>
>>42756866
What are you struggling with? Flavor? Amounts?

What is your end goal?
>>
>>42756834
thanks man
>>
Im going on vacation for 3 weeks with excessive Alkohol and drug abuse, will doing daily some calisthenics save my gains
>>
>>42756988
Plank every morning, and do pushups against the wall while you're peeing.
>>
>>42756866
i just eat cheerios, unless that's a poor alternative to plain oats
>>
>>42757002
Wanted to do a set of pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups and some dips every hour or two so I have the pump all the time
>>
Is this a good resource?

>https://navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/special-operations-nutrition-guide.pdf

I don't if the REE factors are correct it seems kinda high.
> The chart is on page 18
>>
>>42757009
Cheerios is the perfect macro ratio. Literally Cheerios, milk, and water is all you need.

>>42757033
yussssss senpai
>>
>>42756988
plank, reverse plank, hollow hold, arch hold. Rotate a 1 minute hold of each 3 times daily.
Sqeeze in 100 pushups 150 sit ups or crunches 100 chest dips and 100 slick floor bridges 100 pull ups where you can when you can but not more than every other day.
>>
File: 1503649021942.jpg (75KB, 531x599px) Image search: [Google]
1503649021942.jpg
75KB, 531x599px
Hello in a cut i have to eay 30g daily fat, what meat can i eat besides chicken ? can i eat pig or any delicious other meat ? like what? any recomendation ?

I know if it fill my macros it is ok but i want to eat the more saludable possible

And also if im 5'7, 171cm and 85kg how much time do you think it will pass till i lost 20 kg eating 1200-1400 kcal a day?

Thanks
>>
>>42757083
Thanks anon gonna try it
>>
>>42756890
I haven't tried it out yet, I don't know what kind of oats to get for high calories or anything.
>>
>>42757086
Damn those pups are so cute but yeah, Turkey or fish are a try and spice up your chicken with herbs and spices when you get tired of it
>>
>>42757086
20Kg if you weight only 85 might take at least a year. You're not obese, you're skinny fat. Lift, run, and eat at a 300Cal deficit. 1200 or even 1400 isn't sustainable in the long run.
>>
>>42756552
plz respond
>>
>>42757133
They are not mi doggos, found it on internet, i eat smoked salmon and chicken with spice and herbs every day, there is no other alternative? like pig or anything ?

will check on turkey, thanks

>>42757197
i have lost 20kg in 5 months in the past but i was not eating 30g of fat back thenand cause of that i was having terrible headaches for not eat fat, now i read that fat are not bad so im eating 30g every day but it will take slower i guess then ?

I lift and run since 16years ago, im 30, i was very fit 5 years ago but loss everything and im recovering now, my gains are coming back fast but the fat still here

thanks for reply
>>
File: 3578857357.jpg (17KB, 360x313px) Image search: [Google]
3578857357.jpg
17KB, 360x313px
Recently started the reddit PPL program, so far it's been pretty good only having one problem on push day. The program tells me to do: 3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
Problem is on the first set of the overhead triceps extensions I can easily do 12 reps, next set straight after the lateral raises I can barely do 8 and on the last set I don't even get to 8. I've been stuck on the same weight and same reps for a couple of weeks now with this exercise while the rest of the program seems to be doing great for me.
Can I just get rid of the superset meme because I feel like it's just fucking me over here and I figured I could just do the exercises separately with normal break times. Or would this be less effective?
>>
>>42757197
>1200 or even 1400 isn't sustainable in the long run.
what this mean ?
>>
>>42757197
also im only 170cm, 5'7, 85kg for that height is a bit considerable overweight
>>
how good is bacon? im eating it for proteins
>>
File: 11558518.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
11558518.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
If you're a newb and want to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously, is it best to be on a calorie deficit, surplus, or at maintenance?
>>
>>42757747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5xEYhvj4Q

NVM found the answer
>>
>>42757747
Defecit while hitting your protein goal
>>
>>42757747

I agree with >>42757802

it's possible if you eat/drink mostly: milk, eggs, meat, yogurt, protein supplements
>>
>>42757445
Well unless you're a 4 foot girl with a TDEE of 1500, eating only 1200 Cals a day for a long time will damage your health since you won't get enough micro nutrient nor prots. You'll be tired, hungry, loose muscle. And you'll put your health at risk.

>>42757469
Fair enough it's overweigh. What I meant was it's not obese, hence it's harder to loose as much weigh when you're 85Kg than when you're 150...
>>
>>42757443
You can but the workout will take longer to complete.

>>42756552
Give it a 2 week break. You won't loose strength. If it's still there go see a doc.
>>
File: 123.jpg (84KB, 1439x239px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
84KB, 1439x239px
this is supposed to be my lower days, I dislike the leg press and all that shit, can I switch it up?

I'd like to do regular deadlifts, squats, barbell hip thrusts, calves and abs

how do I trade those split squats, leg curls, leg press?
asking since I would just take them off but I dont want imbalances in my legs like having stronger quads than hams and vice versa
even thought about just doing one leg day per week with deadlifts, squats and what im gonna post next in one day

was thinking on A

Deadlifts 1x5
BB Hip Thrusts 3x8
Calf
Abs

and on B

Squats
Calf
Abs
Neck Training
>>
>>42757907
thanks
>>
>>42757984
I'm also going to be boxing 2-3x week so I guess It would be better to just lower body 1x week so I dont get too tired for it
I remember my biggest problems when boxing were actually fatigue on my shoulders and legs
>>
what are some good weightlifting shoes and how many loonies am i going to spend on them? got a discount at the YMCA but i guess you need shoes to lift at that classy establishment, just in socks won't cut it
>>
no you stupid bitch its a bird
>>
How much protein are you supposed to eat? It's lean body mass x something right?

Not your whole body weight?
>>
>>42757984
Keep the RDL on A (with normal DL) and do some squat variation, like 3x8 front, or even 3x8 back. Keep hip thrust since you really seem to like that.
On B, swap Leg curls with RDL, and do 5 sets of squat instead of 4.
>>
Having 2 scoops of whey protein daily with 700ml whole milk, banana and strawberries. Will I make gains or just get fat (this goes towards my daily intake of 3000 calories, 200g protein) 5'10 66kg hungry skelly
>>
>>42758110
I weigh 145 lbs and have a bf% of 23.7 for reference.
>>
What's the best way to consume zinc? Want to add it to my diet but don'T know how.
>>
>>42758082
Depends. Real weightlifting shoes like the ones power lifters use are kinda expensive. For all purpose lifting shoes however, best bang for the bucks are some chuck's, or chuck's mock of. Flat sole so you can squat and DL easy.

>>42758110
body weight in pounds * 1. If you're obese, lean body weight * 1.

>>42758064
In that case, Squat (4 or 5 sets), DL or RDL or better both, your shitty hip thrust, and calves. But this is really minimal, don't expect anything from that really...
>>
Will eating too much tuna really hurt me?
really?
>>
>>42758152
also, what's the benefit of ZMAs compared to regular zinc?
>>
File: 1415408682299.jpg (30KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1415408682299.jpg
30KB, 1000x1000px
>Grrl coming over
>Leg day at the gym, but need a bicep pump before she gets here
>Start curling my PC Tower
>Not heavy enough
>Start curling my roommates 64" TV
>Just the right weight, but the distribution is off
>It wobbles and drop it shattering the screen
>oh fuck, fuck fuck
>Search on Amazon to reorder it
>it was a 2 year old model that is now sold out

I don't want to have to explain to my roommate I was in his room and curling his TV (he's a DYEL, and were both pretty serious about personal space). Reordering the same TV would be easiest, but Amazon doesn't have it (so no 2day). I could get a new TV but then I would have to explain how his old TV broke. Any ideas?
>>
>>42758416
You walked in on a burglar and tv was overturned in the struggle
>>
>>42758416
"I was thinking of getting a new TV and yours look nice so I took a look and accidently let it fall, sorry pal I'll pay you a new one"
>>
>>42758326
It's usually not a benefit since they use shitty zinc compounds that yield way less that it says on the box. Buy zinc on its own, look for the elemental zinc value (or convert it if doesn't say), that's the one you're actually getting. You can usually find rations online, for example
>"For a dose of 50mg elemental zinc, take 146 mg zinc citrate. Zinc sulfate is approximately 22% zinc by weight. For a dose of 50mg elemental zinc, take 220 mg zinc sulfate. Zinc gluconate is approximately 13% zinc by weight"
>>
>>42754324
I make a pyramid. Feet and hands are the two on ground, ass in air. Hold. Do 5 times.
>>
are weighted dips a meme exercise?
I do 3x8 with 45 or 40lbs added
>>
how can i eat 150 grams of proteins without drinking shakes?
>>
When you say ie: 150g of protein a day, does it mean 150g in 24hrs, or from the point you wake up and until you go to sleep?
>>
I've recently reached my goal after a weight loss and I want to start doing some workout. Problem is at the moment I don't have the time to go to the gym (I leave for work when it still hasn't opened and get home from college when it's already closed). In a couple months I will be able to go but I want to start doing something now, specially since I'm motivated. Can anyone recommend me a bodyweight routine that will help me build some strenght, perhaps some gains (even if minimal)? Pointing to a guide on how to build a calisthenics progression would be just as fine. I've read the sticky, but I guess it mostly focuses on lifting, so it didn't help a lot.

If it helps, I can do most basic calisthenics workouts and have some strenght.
>>
File: 1x5 pencil press.webm (553KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1x5 pencil press.webm
553KB, 320x320px
Someone posted an "eat big to get big" ~:57s comp a day or two ago. I watched it through an embed script thing so it isn't in my history. As I can't find it now, can someone please post it?
>>
>>42758978
Egg yolks.
>>
>>42759049
Shit I meant whites
>>
File: 1503655766096.jpg (1MB, 1635x2999px) Image search: [Google]
1503655766096.jpg
1MB, 1635x2999px
If i bulk with a shitload of protein instead of carbs, will i put on less fat and more muscle or would it be the same as a normal bulk?
>>
>>42759148
got it
>>
>>42759160
Doesn't excess protein turn into carbs anyway?
>>
>>42758978
if you eat 3 meals a day 50 grams a meal is not unreasonable or hard to do. Have a cup of cooked quinoa there's 8 grams, 8 oz of chicken that's 34 grams total is now 42 then a cup of peas is another 8 and you're at 50

2 eggs is around 14, add 6 from 2 slices of bacon, half cup of steel cut oats (cooked) is 5-6, 4oz of steak for 28 grams and you're at 53
>>
>>42752964
>that feel when HIIT on days between workouts
My legs are fucking killing me.
>>
>>42755901
Pls respond
>>
>>42759315
Correct. It would probably be more healthy than consuming lots of sugars tho
>>
>>42759762
Yeah, I guess it would.
>>
>>42754969
My delts are pretty good and I also use 7.5kg. The issue is your volume, start doing a 10x20 3x a week and I guarantee they will grow
>>
>>42759315

Isn't too much protein not good for the kidneys though.
>>
>>42755901
To answer your question, it's not bad for some extra upper body volume.
I'm not sure who you got this from, but I have to disagree with the first part about chin ups being better than curls (for bicep development). Volume and frequency is what works best for arms. Curling every day for high reps and sets would be best for bicep development; however weighted chins are a good exercise overall. To add on, biceps are the perfect body part to work every day since pressing is what most lifters mainly focus on. It won't negate any of your lifts aside from rows and pull ups (but even then, it's only a little)
The second and third part are perfectly fine though, it's practically Boring But Big minus one set.
>>
I did it wrong last time and lost a ton of mass. But my bf got to 12% lowest I've ever been. How do I do it right ? Last time I only ate a meal a day because I would work like 12 hrs a day.
>>
Should an overweight person do some weighted squatting after his second week at the gym? Or given he is overweight, he will fuck up his joints?
>>
File: 1477107342269.jpg (596KB, 869x868px) Image search: [Google]
1477107342269.jpg
596KB, 869x868px
Can you snort creatine?
>>
are barbell hip thrusts more of a quads or hamstring movement? outside the glutes that is, thinking of switching up leg press or leg curls for this thing
>>
How good are flax seeds in protein shakes? I want to add them for some extra fiber. I read that it can increase estrogen levels but I can't find anything about it affecting men.
>>
File: PSMF.png (99KB, 732x1651px) Image search: [Google]
PSMF.png
99KB, 732x1651px
Will I be okay if I only eat pic related for a month? I'm leaving for bootcamp in a month and want to lose as much weight as possible without losing too much muscle. I'm a little concerned about some mineral deficiencies, even though I know CRON-O-Meter isn't keeping track of all of them.
>>
File: 1502606966200.png (587KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
1502606966200.png
587KB, 625x918px
>>42761121
>protein
>56g
>>
Just getting started, doing squats. 6'4 205 lbs, squatting 105 lbs. I have soreness in my hips, almost about my hip flexors. Am I doing it right?
>>
>>42752536
>good frame when youre fat?

Measure your ankle and wrist circumferences. Wrist should be more than height/10 and ankle more than height/8. Shoulder circumference should be at least 75% of height as well.
>>
File: 1503380318345.jpg (262KB, 561x562px) Image search: [Google]
1503380318345.jpg
262KB, 561x562px
If I'm interested in learning a martial art not only for fighting skills but the included cardio, which is better BJJ or muay thai?

>tl;dr Muay thai or BJJ for cardio gains?
>>
>>42761146
that's the default for the program, I'm consuming 160g
>>
>>42752306
Any recommendations for forearm exercises? Plan to achieve Popeye mode
>>
>>42761209
Grappling is incredibly cardio intensive, I'd go with BJJ
>>
File: 1406902266570.jpg (52KB, 542x359px) Image search: [Google]
1406902266570.jpg
52KB, 542x359px
Is it actually possible to progress on bench press without a spotter?
t. Friendless noob who has been stuck at 1.2 pl8 for months
>>
>>42761275

I just started doing bench more, I have been using the smith machine since I also have no one to spot me.

also since you been doing it for several months try the machines like chest press, and those isolate incline press as well

when ever you are ready just move away from the machine and go to a normal bench
>>
>>42761338
I'll try it, thanks. Or at least add some Smith machine on to what I already do.
>>
>>42761055
>>42761055
>>42761055
>>42761055
>>
>>42753158
I've pulled 50+ hour weeks and still hit the gym

nerd
>>
>>42753722
bad for you and bad for you

and no they're not but it depends what you're doing
>>
are traps like abs in which you can train them a lot?
was thinking of doing some trap work like rack pulls on my off day or eve nleg day but dont want it to interfere with upper body days
>>
>>42761275
I almost never have a spotter unless I know I'm going to failure. You should be the same way. When you're training submaximally, you shouldn't really be close to failure
>>
Guys
What will my gains be like if I do squats every session? (6 times a week)

I end up doing 2x10 then 2xF

I love squats and could do them all day. I finish with squats on non-leg days
>>
>>42761470
Rack pull might use arms too much but shrugs should be fine
>>
>>42761537
power shrugs it is
>>
>>42761509
Then why do I always fail on rep 5?
>>
what does the general routine of a rugby or nfl player look like
>>
>>42752306
is there a decent weight to start doing mixed grip?

my dl is currently at 92kg (came back to the gym 2 weeks ago), and hook grip is fine.

but today I did for the first time a rack pull, 160kg, did 3 sets of 1 rep with hook grip and it wasn't very firm...my hands got sore and it felt like the bar was slipping pretty hard. Should I start with a lighter weight on the rack pull to get a better grip or just go mixed? I wanted to go with hook grip as long as I could, and I'm already training forearms for grip
>>
>>42753722
Med student here, fully agree with >>42761378 . Compared to other antidepressants, ssri are less harmful. However all antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood regulators and such are very shady drugs and, as personal opinion, I'd keep myself away from it regardless.

The only somewhat safe class of drugs related to mood disorders are beta blockers, which has only mild effects on a few scenarios. On the other hand, cognitive behaviour therapy and logotherapy are great tried and true methods to overcome those type of problems - both supported by scientific evidence.
>>
Whats a good overall fitness routine I can do until I die?

Something that will help slowly build strength or maintain it, increase endurance, flexibility etc
>>
My right bicep started hurting when I was hitting one of those rdx wall punching pads with 2x6 boards behind it (and 400 pounds on a power rack).

I was hitting it as hard as I could in limited space. Was it simply because I was hitting an immovable object or am I doing something wrong?
>>
how the fuck do i overhead press and bench press? i cannot get the form right no matter how much i read and practice. is it worth paying stupid money for a few training sessions?
>>
hows Universal/Animal stuff like whey, pre wrkouts and all that
good stuff or chinese trash
>>
>>42752306
>be skinnyfat
>start lifting a month ago
>eat 1000 cal below tdee
>gain 12 pounds
is this the power of noob gains?
>>
What type of milk should I be drinking, whole, skim or fat free?
>>
>>42761926
Half and half

Tastes better than milk. Tastes better than other creams. More calories than milk. Less calories than heavy whipping cream or coffee cream.

It is literally the perfect beverage.
>>
>>42761251
Standing wrist curls, behind back. High weight/high reps
>>
File: GOSMAD.png (25KB, 390x623px) Image search: [Google]
GOSMAD.png
25KB, 390x623px
>>42761926
Sheep.
>>
>>42755514
google search : the satiety index
>>
File: 0.jpg (55KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
55KB, 500x345px
>>42761275
Dumbbell bench for the win

>>42761926
Almond milk
>>
>>42761251
wrist roller my nigga. I did wrist curls before but they do not come close to wrist roller, I am doing it with 5kg and it burns like a bitch, seriously.

you can do it easily 3 times a week, forearms can take quite a beat, and it is easy to do it at home with DIY materials
>>
>>42761915
Is eating 1000 cal below tdee still greater than what you were eating before? If so, then kinda.
>>
File: 2ACX15.png (194KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
2ACX15.png
194KB, 512x384px
I have acute Lyme Arthritis in my left knee, which will likely affect me the rest of my life, and I want to get fit. What are some ways I can work out my whole body while keeping the pressure of that knee?

I've already done antibiotics for the Lyme, to little consequence, and I'm taking my fish oil for joint support, also seeming to help little. Any tips? Shit show, but pic related.
>>
>>42752306
ive been lifting for about a year. legs, back, and shoulders have grown considerably. chest and arms are lagging. mostly because my bench press has stalled for 4 months and because ive been too lazy to do real arm work.

my bench press 1RM max is ~175 pounds at 5'9" and 162 pounds body weight. i'm going to try a pyramid progression scheme for chest, since i hear that's good for stalling.

what should i do for biceps/triceps? right now i do 4x6 hammer curls and 4x6 skull crushers twice a week. i started with noodle arms and i currently have 14" arms. i want 16" arms, which is clearly going to take 1-2 years. what should i be doing to meet this goal, or at least hit 15"?
>>
>>42756595
ah dude that's fuckin hilarious, if you're actually black, kudos
>>
Uhhh okay here's a few:

>How much does drinking beer after a workout affect my gains?

>How do I train my inner thighs? My legs have gotten bigger and bend out but inner thighs lacking.
>How do I convince myself that life is worth living?

>I have high lat insertions, what does this mean for my physique and how can I mitigate the unaestheticness of my high lats?
>>
>>42752306
im at 9% body fat, but still have a lot of fat around my abs preventing them from coming through.
will this fat ever be burned eating at maintnence, or do i have to eat at a deficit to get rid of it?
>>
>>42752306
Right Knee burns a shit ton/hurts when I do leg presses is it about to blow out?
>>
>>42762400
>im at 9% body fat, but still have a lot of fat around my abs preventing them from coming through.
No you are not at 9% bodyfat
You are just fat and you do not have any ab definition because your excess fat is covering them.
>>
Are Pendlay rows really that much better than Yates?
>>
>>42762432
>trust me, i know your body better then people with degrees who have seen you in person and measured it
Nice one.
now answer my question.
>>
File: 1363240616668.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1363240616668.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>42759042
Please respond!
>>
I decided to stop this cutting bullshit and slow bulk for 3 months or so. Problem is I'm ~7kg away from abs. I'm going to have some fat laying around when I'm done with the slow bulk.

Are the muscle mass losses on a deficit really so great provided I eat ~170g of protein a day and lift 5 days a week?
Is there anything wrong with slow bulking while being above 15% but below 20% BF?
>>
>>42762432
>>42762400
cmon fatty, drop that projection and tell me then, maybe you just dont know?
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>42755664
>I get worried because she's a coalburner
Ditch that niggerlover
>>
>>42762128
Swimming and cycling for cardio

And a modified Push/Pull weight routine if you wish to avoid all leg exercises.

If you're overweight fixing diet is key.
>>
Anyone know any stretches for scapula/rotator cuff? shoulder dislocators doesnt hit there, does it?
Feels like I cant properly squeeze my shoulders back properly for bench etc, and I struggle getting right depth on my right side on dips because of it..
Or is foam rolling my best bet?
>>
File: 1368773511181.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1368773511181.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>42762178
increase rep ranges for arm exercises. 6 reps is too low for accessory work.

1) EZ-bar curl 3x12 superset with skullcrushers 3x12
2) preacher curls 2x10 superset with tricep pushdowns 2x10

Make sure you are feeling the stretch in the tricep. Slow controlled movements, accessory work you really want to "feel the burn".
>>
>>42762400
Are you 5 feet tall?
>>
>>42762901
>Anyone know any stretches for scapula/rotator cuff?
Do you even know what you're asking here? It's impossible to stretch the scapula since it's a bone. And while some people e.g. baseball pitchers stretch their posterior rotator cuff that has literally nothing to do with your problem.

If you're having trouble retracting your scapulae i.e. pinching your shoulderblades, then you need to practice this in the contracted position of rows and pulldowns. When you've developed a feel for how the correct position feels, practice using that same position when you bench press. Terminate your sets when you feel you lose the correct position. This is called training to "technical failure" so you don't develop bad habits that'll screw with your progress and/or joint health.
>>
>>42762935
negatory, i wouldn't say it's a lot of fat either, just a good barrier preventing the cuts making it look really defined, please help
>>
>>42762941
>stretch the scapula since it's a bone
Just mentioned scapula to elaborate the general area..
Thanks, would pendlay rows do you think? or should I just do regular bent over rows?
>>
>>42762984
It's not about the specific exercise, it's about how you perform it. You will most likely need to go lighter than your max weight to be able to do this properly in the beginning. Also, I recommend holding at least 1 sec in the peak contraction.
>>
>>42763009
Ok, thanks again
>>
>>42762966
>>42762935
>>
File: 1504492437871.jpg (50KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504492437871.jpg
50KB, 700x600px
New to /fit/ and lifting here. I recently was recommended pic related as a workout routine by an anon in the previous thread, and I have a couple questions:

1. Are you supposed to add weight with every workout, or just once a week?
2. It says about adding weight for the squats/deadlifts/etc, but nothing about the dumbell exercises. How often should I increase the weight for those?
>>
>>42759028
Well you aren't gonna be eating protein in your sleep, are you?
>>
>>42763608
>he doesn't sleep-bulk
Never gonna make it
>>
I'm a poorfag so I can't afford a constant supply of good quality high-protein food, can hit my 200g goal only maybe twice a week. On which days should I eat more protons, on the training day or on the rest day?
>>
>>42763636
on training days, aim for around a gram per pound of bodyweight, on rest days, use 0.82g/lb
>>
>>42761209
What about doing SS and then go kickboxing? You'd be ripping people in half with one hit of those T-rex legs.
>>
How often should I replace my pillow?
>>
>>42755664
>Ha a qt.
>Browses /fit/
Why are you here you already made it.
>>
>>42763679
>What about doing SS
I'll keep the meme exercises for the teenagers and retards
>>
anyone here ever dealt with pubertal lipomastia? my bf% is steadily decreasing, almost to the point of abdominal definition, but the fat deposits on my chest will not budge. i've already had it confirmed to be 100% adipose tissue.

am i doomed to go under the scalpel?
>>
File: fucken framelets.png (23KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
fucken framelets.png
23KB, 800x500px
>>42761181
damn I guess not being a framelet is tough
high standards my man
>pic rel
>>
>>42763608
Well, what about I wake up at 8am, then go to sleep at 10, and wake up at 6, I still got 2hrs to get those gainz?
>>
could somebody explain this to me?

when I was a child up until I turned 18, I could run a single mile without getting winded and feel a burning sensation in my abdomen, but then I changed that at 18 and tried hard enough going out jogging enough to the point where I could effortlessly run a mile and soon could run many miles. The only thing that stops me from running is my feet/legs hurting

I'm not happy about it, but there have been times of my life where I've been sedentary and neglected jogging for long spans of time, but still I'm always able to go out and jog a mile just fine. Why is it that my body never regresses to not being able to jog any distance when I neglect physical fitness?
>>
>>42763935
COULDN'T run a single mile without getting winded*
>>
Should you consciously tense the relevant muscle before/during doing a rep with it? I've heard tensing your abs before doing a crunch is a must, is it the same for other muscles?
>>
If you're on a cut, what do you suggest having for breakfast? Been having muesli with nuts, but thinking about switching to ommelettes or something because I'm behind with protein
>>
>>42761845
If you never change anything you'll never really progress.
>>
File: 1487538419639.jpg (141KB, 770x854px) Image search: [Google]
1487538419639.jpg
141KB, 770x854px
>>42760995
pls help
>>
>>42763184
Pls help
>>
>>42763996
Oatmeal and eggs / protein shake
>>
>>42754268
This is me except swap the style to black ripped jeans and various sleeveless band tee's
>>
>>42764127
Yeah you can, have fun snorting 5g of it
>>
Sup fit!
What's your opinion on Arnold's full body routine "the Golden six"?

It goes
Barbell Squat 4x10
Wide Grip Barbell Bench Press 3x10
Chin Up 3xMax
Behind The Neck Overhead Press 4x10
Barbell Curl 3x10
Bent Knee Sit Up 3-4xMax

I probably would replace the sit ups with some other ab exercise, or even add one, but what about the general routine?
>>
This might be a question more for the ladies of /fit/, but anyone can feel free to answer! I'm a 5'3" woman and lost 170 pounds. I don't have loose skin, thank god, but I do have horrible stretch marks. My husband is happy about my weight loss, but says my stretch marks are unattractive and gross. How do I get rid of them? Or how can I at least reduce the appearance? Please help me! :(
>>
>>42764259
Decent volume that covers your bases. It's nothing amazing, but it will work.
>>
>>42764259
>Behind The Neck Overhead Press 4x10
I'd replace it with DB press. Everyone can do it without fucking up joints, and you won't have an imbalance for one hand taking over the weight.
>>
>>42764259
I think it wouldn't hurt to try. her's what I would change
>Behind the neck press to DB arnold press unless you have the mobility
>Superset the barbell curls with tricep work
>Maybe add SLDL's
>>
>>42764309
They will heal in time, but won't disappear fully.
I believe that there are some laser surgery that can be done, but I don't know more.
>>
>>42763184
>>42764143
You add weight every workout
Squat/Deadlift: 5lbs
Bench/Press: 2.5lbs
double it if you get more than 10 reps.
For dumbbell work just go by feel you should be close to failing on the last reps of the last set.
>>
>>42764309
As far as I'm aware surgery is the only way. I've heard of using creams and oils but I don't know if that'd help in any significant way
>>
>>42764320
>>42764322
>>42764331
Thanks guys!
>>
I was doing bent over rows when suddenly I felt a sharp stabbing pain in the right side of my lower back. Now my lower back is very stiff and it hurts like hell when I move. How fucked am I?
>>
>>42762478
If you focus on cutting your carb consumption low and keep your protein consumption high I'm pretty sure you lose less muscle mass.
>>
>>42762400
You probably should just eat at maintenance and lift.
>>
>>42764515
See a doctor
>>
>>42764515
I had the same thing two weeks ago it was just a strain and it was fine a week later but pretty sore and stiff until then.
>>
Beginner here, I have long been unable to progress linearly on stronglifts, GSLP, stuff like that. It takes literally 1 and a half month to increase my bench by 2.5kg. what program should I hop on now?

Bench 57.5kg
Ohp 37.5kg
Squats 65kg
61kg BW

What do I do now?
>>
>>42764242
What do you call that style/what do you listen to? Nice taste btw
>>
>>42764895
How much are you eating regarding to your TDEE, and is your form correct?
>>
>shoulder mobility prevents me from low bar squatting
>ankle mobility prevents me from high bar squatting

wat do
>>
>>42765423

My form on bench and squats are kinda okay, but I realise my OHP always had me leaning back and I deloaded from 42.5kg.

I'm eating roughly around TDEE at 2.7k
>>
>>42765572
Either your form's not okay, or you're messing with the program (rest time? D'you get enough sleep?)
You shouldn't be plateauing here, and your OPH seems pretty decent for a beginner.
>>
>>42765531
Work on your mobility. And put some small plates under your heel for high bar squatting, it should help you hit parallel.
>>
I've returned to my bodyweight routine after being sedentary for 2 months (April and May). I want to start running but I don't want my body to cannibalize on my muscles.
Is L-carnitine going to stop my body from doing that?
>>
>>42765718
As long as you eat enough protein and overall enough calories you can do cardio. Cardio doesn't kill gains, bad nutrition and not enough rest does.
>>
>>42765914
Alright
Thanks man
>>
>>42764895
I'm stuck in a similar place, I've decided to go with 5/3/1.
>>
>>42765616

It should be noted I started off pathetically low though.. bench at 30kg, ohp at 17.5kg and squats at 40kg.

Maybe I have exhausted the noobie gains? I have been training for about 5 months.
>>
>>42766361
>5 months
>exhausted the noobie gains
Nah.
>>
>>42766361
Starting low isn't a problem especially on beginner strength routine. You're supposed to up the weight each week so it's not as if you'd loose a lot of time.
The think is with SL you're supposed to be able to add 2.5Kg each workout on bench until you hit 80 for 5 reps... Try to have a wider grip, about 80cm. I find out that it helps.
But it's either form, rest time, sleep or nutrition IMHO.
>>
File: 20170906_073717-1.jpg (175KB, 1612x1302px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_073717-1.jpg
175KB, 1612x1302px
>>42766389
>>42766602

Er I'm not gaining any weight right now, I have stayed around 61-62kg bw for the past 2 months. It seems like I gotta eat at like 3k a day just to gain weight, and that's too much food for me and I'm already slightly skinny fat..

I'm kinda at a loss of what to do really.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.