[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to do squats instead of leg presses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1490920164167.png (70KB, 163x228px) Image search: [Google]
1490920164167.png
70KB, 163x228px
Is there any reason to do squats instead of leg presses?
>>
squat is a compound exercise thus requires more overall strength and balance between various joints and muscles. leg press is just working your quads and glutes in isolation.

I've seen dudes who load up the leg press with 3pl8 but can't hit depth on a squat with 1pl8. just do both to make sure you have core and leg strength
>>
Is there any reason to do leg presses instead of squats?

Yes, being a cunt that doesn't want to have legs the easiest and most effective way.
>>
>>42747370
Both are good, squats are better. I used to lift a shitload on the leg press and do the stack on leg extensions. My legs were okay but when I switched over to having a home gym and now squats are the only leg exercise I do, my legs are significantly bigger and better looking and I never squat over 315 because of back issues.

Squats are tough and they wear you out because they work your entire body. With leg press you just sit there and push weight away from you with your legs. It's fine to skip squats because you don't like them, but you will get better results from squats.
>>
File: 1425750698478.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1425750698478.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
>>42747615
This is snapcity, in case you haven't seen before and don't want to.
>>
>It's fine to skip squats because you don't like them
just lol
>>
>>42747615
I see people at my gym lock their knees at low weight and I'm scared that I'm going to be there when they finally snap
>>
>>42747615
I don't get this webm, I can easily press maximum weight on leg press and I don't feel much pressure at all in my joints. Granted that is 450 lbs at my gym and I don't know if other leg presses go much higher.
My legs aren't exceedingly developed and I can not understand how frail her bones have to be for that to happen.
How much weight did she load?
>>
>>42747720
she locked her knees. you're putting all the weight on your joints at that point
>>
File: 1497660969868.jpg (191KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497660969868.jpg
191KB, 640x360px
>>42747370

If you actually want to be strong and coordinated while doing one of the human body's most natural movements, you should primarily squat.

If you're a pussy, you should just leg press.
>>
>>42747370
>that hook nose
I never realized it before, but Destiny is a fucking kike isn't he. No wonder he's so obsessed with ranting about how he loves niggers in 1st world countries.
>>
>>42747720
locking out your knees on the leg press is bad form for anyone obviously, but she is probably completely under-trained and at a lot more risk.

if someone does squats with good form for a long time and then locks out their knees on the leg press a couple of times that's probably not gonna happen to them.. their joints are much stronger, but regardless, it's always much rougher on the joints to have that kind of bad form.

they should really have a PSA about it or something. people like the girl in that webm are the reason others are afraid of gyms.
>>
File: sshot-4.jpg (20KB, 291x388px) Image search: [Google]
sshot-4.jpg
20KB, 291x388px
>>42747615
>'Squats are dangerous', they said. "Do leg presses instead', they said.
>>
>Did 100kg leg presses on machine for a year
>No results
>Switched to squats
>Everyone can see it a month later
>>
>>42747794
>100kg leg press
equivalent to a bw squat
>>
>>42747460
Leg press is not isolation you fucking gay retard
>>
>>42747794
>>42747801
This. I'm doing 100kg+ leg press after 2 months of lifting in a cut.
How can you leg press 100kg for a year?
>>
File: EZC4yuH.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
EZC4yuH.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
>>42747773
what are you talking about, destiny is a skinhead.

right now he's putting on an act as a fake sjw in order to sabotage the left as a literal strawman. even he's not stupid enough to believe a modicum of what he says
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.