[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /fit/'s opinion on rock climbing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: RockClimbing.jpg (769KB, 2224x1436px) Image search: [Google]
RockClimbing.jpg
769KB, 2224x1436px
I just went for the first time yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. I have a rock climbing gym close to my house and it's a good workout for the entire body while not being repetitive or mundane like a regular gym, so I'm considering signing up for a membership there.
>>
>>42742698
Gay. Do a martial art.
>>
>>42742698
Why do you even need our approval/opinions? If you have the money to do something you enjoy, then do it. Once (or if) you don't enjoy it anymore, then stop.

Wat.
>>
Good way of meeting qt's. If you aren't concerned with that its a pretty cool hobby to get into, after a year of doing it regularly you will want to climb everything.

You will look like a dick on holidays, as your mates will wanna do something like swim on the beach or get some food, and you will be "nah I'm gonna climb this rock face".
>>
>>42742698
rock climbing is lame unless ur buff enough to do it shirtless, then its fucking epic
>>
>>42742744
i have no friends , are you able to go alone
>>
>>42742768
do bouldering instead, that's what i do
t.friendless sperg
>>
>>42742698
I boulder and >>42742744 is right, lots of cuties there.
It trains strength endurance and it will give you forearms that /fit/ will mire you for like no one else.
Don't forget to supplement with push exercises as well; since climbing uses 95% pulling muscles I'd say.
>>
Rock climbing is a ton of fun. I lift twice a week but climb three times while I'm cutting right now. there are cute girls there all the time, too.
>>
Rock climbing is fun. I've done it before with some buddies, but I can't fit it into my schedule consistently. Itll give you God-tier forearms, so that's nice.
>>
>>42742698
I like actual rock climbing and ascents but I've only done it once. I don't really like climbing gyms desu.
>>
>>42742768
Bouldering is safer but you will make friends when you go. It's got that weird overly social "wanna get up in your life" vibe, its like being at college again/ever/first time.
>>
>>42742698
Climbing is GoAT. Absolutely get into it if you enjoy it. The sport attracts the friendliest people for some reason so it's easy to make friends there. The gains are amazing, after a little over a year my back is huge. You will never have better rear delts are better forearms.

Do it
>>
>>42742698
this gym went a bit bat-shit with the volumes...
>>
>>42746199

you should see Adam Ondra's gym
>>
are you allowed to use the wall to push off of when bouldering? or using the volumes as support?
>>
>>42746683
You can use the walls. Just not the drill holes.
>>
>>42746683

What do you mean by push off of, like dynos? And yeah you can climb on volumes. Slab-y problems do this.

https://youtu.be/lrn1i-mLL9M
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.