[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protein Intake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 121901290590125125.jpg (18KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
121901290590125125.jpg
18KB, 400x324px
How can I deal with the fact I actually see better results in recovery, strength and body-composition when I eat 200g protein per day?

I tried to convince myself for the longest time that getting 120-140g is more than enough, but as of late I've been hitting over 200g a day and I've seen a very noticeable improvement. I am 100% sure the increased protein in-take is what's making me better in the gym right now because I've been lifting for 6 YEARS and have stalled quite a bit in the last 2 years or so, and the only change I've made has been increasing my protein to 200g+ a day, up from 120-140g.

Getting this extra 60-80g+ protein everyday does increase the price of my food budget and it can be a pain in the ass to have to consume this extra protein in place of carbs/fats, but I can't deny it's giving me a very noticeable difference.
>>
>>42741117
greek yogurt. 50g of protein in those small 500g ones.
>>
I don't understand what you are unhappy about. You found a way to make more gain
>>
>>42741143
I think you missed the point of my thread. Let me do green-text so it's more easily understood.

>lifting for 6 years
>convince myself that protein-intake is overrated and exaggerated
>a lot of studies agree that they can't see much difference, although the studies are very short-term
>always see people online saying protein shills made everything think you need high protein when you actually dont
>agree and only eat 120-140g protein a day
>been stalling for almost 2 years in the gym
>decide to increase protein to 200g+ per day, replace a lot of calories I ate with carbs/fat with protein, so overall calories has not increased
>very noticeable changes in performance, strength and overall body-composition
>afraid to admit I may have been wrong all this time by only consuming 120-140g protein per day thinking that was more than enough
>>
>>42741164
Because now I actually need to eat more protein and accept that I've been under-eating on protein this entire time to avoid spending more money on protein-based food sources (which are generally more expensive than carbs/fat).
>>
>>42741196
Well get fucked nerd, eat your protein and shut up
>>
>>42741266
reee
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.