[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pro boxers vs amateur boxers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: mma striking.gif (3MB, 409x319px) Image search: [Google]
mma striking.gif
3MB, 409x319px
Like all laymen, I apparently made the error of disregarding amateur boxers. However, after talking to some pals who are boxing (not US), I may have to change my view. They said pro boxers are overrated and amateur boxing is where it's at.

Now, I don't know shit about amateur boxing, is there some truth to it?
Career amateurs are often just as skilled as their pro counterparts, but they're only conditioned for three to five rounds. That said, pros are now allowed to compete in amateur boxing (which is now technically called "AIBA open boxing") and the couple of them who signed up for the Rio Olympics got BTFO. A top Cuban or Eastern Bloc amateur could easily become a top pro if they trained for twelve rounders, in fact it happens all the time. But countries like the USA and UK could also do much better in the amateurs if their best fighters didn't turn pro so young
>>
it makes some sense to me considering there is so much dirty money money in professional fighting. but that's just how i see it.
>>
>>42740524
>choosing fighting as a pursuit when you are good enough to make a career out of it
depends what you value, the guys who train to fight in less rounds thus could compete at a higher weight class or is used to burning more of his energy quickly will be better in a fight of a short number of rounds vs the guy dedicated to a long fight.
>>
>>42740524
Your pals are dumb
>>
>>42740524
A lot of top pros had extensive amateur careers.
> but they're only conditioned for three to five rounds
3-5 rounds changes up a lot about the fight. You can get away with a lot more gimmicky shit, managing your resources doesnt really come into play. Like, lets take floyd vs conor fight for example. If this was a 3 round fight, conor could legit win against floyd. He would just continue to do his gimmicky shit with switching stances and being really aggressive, because he wouldnt have any risk of gassing out and he wouldnt have any risk of your opponent figuring out your bullshit. In a long fight, unless you can land an early KO(like mike tyson could for example. fun fact: the first loss mike tyson had was against a guy who he couldnt KO early), you need to be really conservative compared to a shorter bout.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.