[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please Help me Diagnose This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: DemWings.jpg (24KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
DemWings.jpg
24KB, 600x480px
I have a recent injury around my left scapula and I can't diagnose it no matter how much research I've done. Please help, I know if I see my doc he will send me to an Ortho and idk if my insurance will cover that out of state.

I lift 4-5 days a week and do MMA (mainly Muay Thai/Kickboxing) 3-4 days a week.

Last Wednesday after a particularly long sparring session, I experienced bad muscle pain around my ribs and scapula on my left side. I thought it was from a body kick.

Symptoms:
>Hard to get up from bed in the morning, left arm can't really push behind me (think crab walk)
>Pushing motion isn't bad if lats aren't engaged. Trouble carrying dumbbells
>Sneezing hurts
>Pinching elbows back isnt bad, squeezing elbows down is
>Pain has not been reduced at all since Wednesday and I have only been to the gym once in that period (Chest/light shoulders/tris)

I know this thread is specific as shit but I don't know where else to turn right now. General injury thread I suppose.
>>
File: marksmilk.png (378KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
marksmilk.png
378KB, 500x520px
Will bump with fit humor
>>
File: NO.png (126KB, 962x768px) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
126KB, 962x768px
>>
File: nohomo.jpg (407KB, 1029x772px) Image search: [Google]
nohomo.jpg
407KB, 1029x772px
>>
>>42732870
Is the injury on the muscle, tendon or bone?
Were you warmed up properly during your workout, did you perorm any movements without control?
>>
>>42732870
>muscle pain around my ribs
>Hard to get up from bed in the morning
>Sneezing hurts

Does your rib cage hurt? If so back and chest? Trouble breathing?
>>
>>42732940
I'm having trouble determining the exact spot. Deep breaths and movement are adding to the pain, so I think it may be tendon. There is no bruising.

Warmed up yes, but we did some stupid warmups as well like crab walks and rolling. There was no point during the session where I thought "oh shit I just injured something". Next day I thought it must just be bruising from kick, but no visible bruising.

>>42732960
Its only really the rips around the back, mainly the scapula. Breathing is fine, particularly deep breaths can add some pressure to the back and I can feel it again. Lateral and front shoulder movements are painless.
>>
>>42732993
Also imitating reverse back flys are harmless which is odd.
>>
File: isitpossible.jpg (851KB, 2296x4176px) Image search: [Google]
isitpossible.jpg
851KB, 2296x4176px
:0
>>
>>42732993
>Deep breaths and movement are adding to the pain
>Its only really the rips around the back, mainly the scapula
That combined with the muy thai/MMA might point to an upper rib that is dislocated.

Go to doc, if he tried to send you to an Ortho (imo probably not the first course of action he'll take) ask for an xray in case your rib is dislocated. You can then have a bone injury ruled out and go from there.
>>
File: 1502990224423.jpg (88KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502990224423.jpg
88KB, 800x600px
>>42733222
Fuark.

Yea if nothing gets better come Tuesday I'll just pop by that day. Fucking labor day weekend man.

Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>42733252
Yeah, fucking sucks when you have to wait a few days.

In the mean time, ice for 15-20 min, as much as once every 2 hours (at least try to get icing in 3-4 times a day). Don't put the ice pack directly on your skin.

Limit movement, take some NSAID (ibuprofen, naproxen), 2 doses per day (don't overdo it). You can buy an ace wrap and try compressing it as well.
>>
>>42733369
Yea just having trouble icing my back, like I guess I could just lay down and lay it on with my right arm.

On top of that my new gf and I are not getting along great so I'm not really trying to have her come by and help haha.

Probably do some cable work for chest today anyways just to get moving.
>>
>>42733397
>Probably do some cable work for chest today anyways just to get moving.
RICE
Rest, it's the first letter, dude.

Do what you want, but if you want to approach this from a purely medical standpoint, you should not be exercising it while you have acute pain.
>>
File: 1482558208266.jpg (182KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482558208266.jpg
182KB, 800x720px
>>42733556
fuckkkkk
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.