[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is walking 10k steps a day a meme ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 51q+CuZ+gSL.jpg (64KB, 381x500px) Image search: [Google]
51q+CuZ+gSL.jpg
64KB, 381x500px
>>
Are you starting that shit tomorrow as well, OP?
>>
>>42728885
No but its better to not do it at once but on intervals for examples every hour or something, I walk for 5 minutes every 30 minutes and it is great. You start to get really happy and it is proven that it helps with mood and blood flow but also with the brain, you can google it yourself
>>
Eh I work retail I'll do that in a shift.

There's nothing magical about 10k, but if it helps the normies move more who cares
>>
It's a good start for people, and it's a lot better than doing nothing.
>>
>>42728964
>i work retail
>i do that in a shift
No u dont
>>
>>42728982
>i never had to walk all through a store to help customers.

Not everyone is a cashier senpai.
>>
>>42728989

Have you ever actually used a tracker to count your steps in a shift
>>
>>42728982
>>42729008
Not the best admittedly but I wear a Gear s3. I work 8 hour shifts doing merchandising. Literally pulling price tags and getting shit to and from the warehouse all day
>>
>>42728989
Even when I work customer service I'll do that. Eventually I'll get bored/tired of dealing with people so I'll either go to the bathroom to check my phone or find some excuse to downstock or run to the warehouse for something.
>>
>>42728885
I do that twice a week inadvertently
Uni + walking to gym
It's good but not great either. I'd rather do medium intensity cardio for 20 minutes
>>
>>42728885
Wow, this is a thing? I got a FitBit Flex and set 10K steps as my goal. I get about a third of the way just turning on the sprinklers and watering plants.
>>
File: 1439514123390.jpg (33KB, 394x386px) Image search: [Google]
1439514123390.jpg
33KB, 394x386px
>>42728989
>go to rome
>leave hotel
>walk to vatican city
>tour through it, takes an hour and a half
>walk to the colosseum
>tour through that shit too
>then walk to some restaurant nearby
>25.8k steps
you do not walk 10k a day in your shift
>>
>>42728887
No idea what you're talking about, literally first time posting on /fit/
>>42728964
I work 12h shifts as office worker, I was looking for ways to increase activity without sweating like a pig during my shifts. Walking seemed like a good idea, and I'm trying to hit 10k steps everyday. Before that I was doing 2-3k daily or even less during days I don't work.
>>
>>42728885
Why would you walk when you can run 10k steps in thrice as quick time.
>>
>>42728982
He's right though. I counted my steps at work last summer and always got over 10,000
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.