[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Methond Modification Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: txmethod.png (663KB, 1383x777px) Image search: [Google]
txmethod.png
663KB, 1383x777px
ITT we post ideas for modifying the Texas Method.

I'm thinking about modifying the program to help my deadlift. See I've always been one of those freaks who's deadlift is dangerously close to my squat (and now I'm actually squatting more than I can deadlift), so I'm trying to modify this program to fix my weak deadlift. I want to start deadlifting twice a week instead of once a week. Right now I do heavy deadlifts on my volume day (day 1) and that's it. For more volume I want to the ort/mag deadlift plan to the program, so should I add these higher volume deads on my volume day and move heavy deads to intensity day (day 3) or just add the ort/mag deads on my intensity day? It would make more sense to do the higher volume ort/mag on volume day but then I'm worried about murdering my lower back with volume squats and volume deadlifts on the same day. And regardless of what I do, should the new deadlift sets I add on intensity day replace the power cleans or should I do them in addition to the power cleans?

Any suggestions?
>>
>>42724763
help pls
>>
>>42724763
Google "12 ways to skin the texas method"
>>
>>42726077
thanks, that was a good place to start but it really said nothing relevant to me. It recommended halting deads on intensity day if you can't power clean, but that's not my problem. I'm proficient with in the power clean I just want to work more deadlifts into my program because I suck a those.
>>
>>42724763
Anyone here doing cowboy method?
>>
>>42726758
Mag/Ort is a very good deadlifting program, but it operates on 1RM rather than 5RM, so you will have to account for that. There are plenty of U/L programs that have you doing deadlifts after squats and the people that run them don't break their fucking backs; their backs get stronger to handle the demand.
If you feel that more deadlifting volume a la Mag/Ort is what you need to drive your progress, fucking do it. The mentality of "only 1x5 for deadlifts" is enormously flawed, and unless your power clean is more than 50% of your deadlift, there's no reason to believe that it's going to be conducive to developing your deadlift.
>>
>>42727053
my power clean is actually well over 50% of my deadlift because that is how much I suck at deadlifting, and I'm not worried about injuring my back I'm just worried that lots of deads and squats in one day will make my lower back sore as fuck. because that has been my experience before. So, all things considered, would you put ort/mag on volume day and move 1x5 to intensity day or add ort/mag on intensity day? Just what sounds better to you anon
>>
>>42727297
I'd personally stick to all intensity on intensity day or switch to 4-day texas method.
>OHP intensity/CG bench volume
>squat intensity/DL volume - I'd recommend just running mag/ort week 2 or 3 based on an estimation of your 1rm
>bench intensity/ inc bench volume
>dl intensity/ squat volume

even the experienced SS coaches are advising more people to go for the TM 4-day template rather than the default one. If you're insistent on sticking to the 3-day, probably do a little bit of DL volume on volume day, like 3x3 @70-80% and a little additional volume on intensity day too.
>>
What I'm currently doing

Mon:
Squat 5x5
Bench 1x5 (new max)
Clean
Pull-ups

Wed:
Front squats 5x3
Push press 5x2-3
Pull-ups

Fri:
Squat 1x5 (new max)
Deadlift 1-3x2-3
Bench 5x5
Pull-ups

Sat:
Snatch
Clean
Jerk
Pull-ups
>>
>>42727472
ok thanks, I think I'm just going to add week 3 of ort/mag based on estimated 1rm to my intensity day from now on, considering the 4 day TM you recommend has me doing volume deads with intensity squats and vice versa, I don't see why I shouldn't set up my lower body lifts this way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.