[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: bi_graphics_meditation.png (248KB, 1200x1078px) Image search: [Google]
bi_graphics_meditation.png
248KB, 1200x1078px
I don't know if this belong here or /x/, but I want to avoid /x/ because I'm not trying to get into meditation for paranormal reasons.

How does one get into this?
>>
>>42724155
Do what they do on dbz. Nice dubs btw
>>
>>42724255

Fight? respawn? become aryan by ragepower?

Nice dubs btw.
>>
>>42724268
Sit down, close eyes, grit teeth and snarl till you levitate. Then get nice digits
>>
>>42724155
>how does one get into this
It literally says right there. It helps also to do it the same time every day for the habit to become easier. The Headspace app is also very helpful if you need somebody holding your hand
>>
https://www.headspace.com/
>>
>>42724155
I do it in the evenings.
>>
>>42724771
my main problems are
-My back: I have a fucked back and it's painful to be like pic for some time. it's required to be sitting down?
-What do: if I focus on my breath I only get it on manual mode. Try not to think but can't avoid it. the "focus on your breath" thing seems to not work for me.
>>
>>42724155
Practice. Also what it says about focusing your on your breathing is the key that took me a long time to figure out. Its impossible to think of nothing and if you sit there trying to force yourself to "empty your mind" your mind will keep wandering and you will get frustrated. Instead, refocus your thoughts on the way the air feels in your nose and think "in...out...in...out" as you breathe, it will zone out everything else.

Start for 5-10 minutes when you wake up and before you go to bed at night and then move it up to 15-20. Personally ive meditated for half an hour to an hour a few times but doing that once a week will not help you as much as those 5-10 minutes a day, plus it becomes annoying to try to find a full half hour or more to meditate.
>>
>>42724856
-Been there. Its not required, ive done it completely laying down or laying down and propping some pillows under you so you are laying while kind of sitting up like in a hospital bed. Alternatively place your back against a wall.
-Also been here. Consciously repeat "in/out" in your mind and focus on inhaling for a few seconds, holding it then exhaling for the same number or other things that require your mind to focus as not to wander but it isnt something that requires so much thought that you wont relax and zone out.
>>
>>42724856
Not him, but what I do is sit in a chair, it works just as fine, I usually prefer it actually because you're able to relax the muscles more.
As far as meditation technique there's a lot of different shit out there. I have a mantra that I just keep repeating, and I think that it is good that you find a word that has no meaning or immediate associations to you, so that when you repeat it over and over, you associate this word only with the meditation and nothing else.
If you're able to relax properly, and once you've done it a few times, you reach a point where you stop saying the mantra, like a deep point where you don't need to say it anymore. That's the only way I can put it. It's really very effortless, if you do it right.

About 20 minutes seems like a good time as well, I usually put my phone on countdown for that. If I can I love to go over, but I only do that when I have the time for it.
>>
File: paintmadskillz.png (21KB, 1126x535px) Image search: [Google]
paintmadskillz.png
21KB, 1126x535px
>>42724965
about posture, I found a posture for my back* that seems also good to start meditating.
About breathing, I'll try with a metronome, it may help.

*I have Kyphosys, Scoliosis and lordosis. Neither of them too bad (not a hunchback) but they make my life worser.
the posture is, lying down, raising the legs against a wall. trying to stretch the whole back and gettin the lumbar to the floor. then, try to relax back muscles.
>>
>>42724155
Try Headspace app.
>>
File: 0704152045.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0704152045.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>42724155
watch some YouTube vids preferably with monks. tic not hon , sp , has a great Google talk.he says crazy shit like , I blossom like the flower , I am solid like the mountain , every breath is happiness.
>>
It depends on what you want to get out of the meditation. Regardless, it'll be boring as fuck to begin with and you'll have to use grit to develop it into a habit. One of the best things to develop early on in meditation is equanimity to discomfort - i.e. if your leg starts hurting after 10 minutes just stay with your object or observe the pain from as objective of a standpoint as you can until it gets severe enough that you absolutely MUST move. Your pain tolerance will shoot through the roof and you'll find it easier and easier to sit for longer and longer the more you can push this from session to session. Same applies to feelings of restlessness or tiredness.

Eventually you'll start to find meditating enjoyable once you're mentally beyond the discomforts of it. Also you're not interested in the what could be considered the paranormal side of meditation yet, but with time you will be if you keep it up or maybe after having had some spontaneous experiences you can't understand from a normal point of view. The states of mind you can access through meditation are absolutely beyond what most people would consider possible, but are also one of the most interesting aspects of it.
>>
>>42724856
>if I focus on my breath I only get it on manual mode.
I think this is a common feeling most people have when they consciously become aware of their breathing, but it's also (in my experience) kind of an illusion. You can still breathe naturally and without conscious control while being completely aware of your breath, you just have to avoid altering it at all and eventually it'll settle into a rhythm and as you get deeper in your meditation it'll naturally become shallower and shallower without you making it so. With mindfulness of breath meditation then you are just aware of the breath as it is, if the breath is long then you're aware that it's long, if the breath is short you're aware of that, if it's sharp, if it's primarily coming out of the right nostril, etc.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.