[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently about 230lbs (no muscle what so ever though) started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20170901_140938.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170901_140938.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Currently about 230lbs (no muscle what so ever though) started going to Muay Thai for about 1hr Monday-thursday. I want to start either running in the morning or swimming so I can increase the amount of cardio I do per day.

Pic related- my lunch
>brown rice
>skinless boneless chicken thighs
>spinach
>baby carrots
>grapes

Lemme know if you think my lunch is okay, and if the cardio I'm doing right now is sufficient enough. I've been doing this for about a week and have not seen any progress.. Feels bad
>>
Personally i'm really not a fan of running. It feels bad while i am doing it. I have pretty fucked up ankles, so I may just be predisposed to straining them i guess.
I would say swimming or cycling. Don't be afraid to do some weightlifting too, squats burn calories like fucking crazy.

It takes time. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>42711188

Food is fine, but rice isnt a cutting food. Make sure youre in a deficit. Weigh your food, and measure your condiments. When you get good, you may be able to eyeball it- but measure for 2-3weeks until you get in down.
Keep your fiber high- 35g/day for males, with complex carbs like beans and legumes and any fruit ending with -erry. Itll keep you fuller for longer and has a passive thermogenic effect for burning calories.
Aside from that- try to get enough sleep and avoid high sodium- it causes you to retain water.
>>
You're not going to make it.
>>
>>42712149
Explain
>>
>>42712207
>"look how cute this bag of spinach is lawl :3"
you feel healthy right now, but i know you will quit within a few weeks.
You will tell yourself that you're fine with your body.
>>
>>42713887
>judging someone from how they pack their spinach
How do you bring your food to work?

Watch me sempai. I'll post again in 3 months with an update. You'll know it's me because I'll quote your text.
>>
What >>42712018 said; weigh your food, re-calculate your TDEE often, keep counting calories and be consistent.

Also, whats your macro ratio typically? You'll want to keep your protein intake bumped up a bit (high protein foods are more satiating compared to high carb or fatty foods) and ease off of the carbs a bit. If you're going to eat something carby make sure it's complex carbs your getting, i.e. wheat bread instead of white bread, sweet potatoes instead of russet/ red/ white potatoes to name a couple examples

Also maybe it's just me but I'd say there are more nutritious and probably cheaper alternatives to grapes... oranges, bananas, and various berries may be better options
>>
>>42714125
TDEE is currently 3077, I have no idea what my macro ratio is. Never calculated it before, don't even know how lol.
>>
>>42711188
Why did't you just combine the spinach and carrots with your chicken and rice?
>>
>>42714322
Didn't wanna make a mess
>>
>>42714268
Read the sticky, lose the rice and grapes for now, try to eat only fiber heavy foods and chicken for a few months
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.