[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is my Dad stronger than me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: carrioncrow.jpg (116KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
carrioncrow.jpg
116KB, 768x768px
Hello /fit/.

I've been hitting strength training hard for quite some time now, and been going to the gym and using the stupid machines for a while longer still before finding out here how worthless they are. The improvement I have seen is immense, and everything that has come with it has been brilliant. I have seen an amazing improvement in my strength in this time and cannot thank this board for all the wonders it had done for me.

Anyway, my question is that despite all this, my Dad is just much stronger than me. I'm 6'2, whilst he's just about 6'0. He hasn't worked manual labour in 25 years- instead now working IT, is pretty damn overweight and spends all his spare time from work playing World of Warcraft. He's been very congratulatory of my improvements and offered me an arm wrestle, and I simply couldn't match him. I tried my hardest against him, and his arm didn't even budge as it just forced mine to the table. I could maybe chalk this up to him having better form, but the next day I was helping him move lumber around the garden, and yet again couldn't keep up with him.

How does he manage it /fit/? It just seems impossible he is so strong when he does barely anything.
>>
>>42708200
Hard manual labor is serious strength and it doesn't fade very quickly, especially with grip. I don't know why.

Honestly, I think it might have to do with Pavel's whole "greasing the groove" thing, developing strength as a skill by frequently building it sub-maximally. Maybe that and what most people consider overtraining isn't even close to overtraining.
>>
>>42708200
Arm wrestling uses a fair bit of technique, if he challenged you to an arm wrestle then clearly he's got some technique locked down and was pretty confident in his skills. I recommend you train your forearm and work on technique.
>>
>>42708200
Dad strength is not a meme
Same thing happened to me
>>
>>42708200
Old Man Strength is magic.
>>
>>42708200
Anon, strength doesn't come from lifting weights alone.

His strength came from his heart. He needed to beat you to teach you a lesson. He taught you one final lesson, that no matter how hard you train it won't make you strong alone.

Listen to your fathers' unspoken words.
>>
beacuse lifting for physqiue is meme, dad is heavier and stronger he would destroy you in the gym lifts too
>>
>>42708310
this
armwrestling is like 75% skill 25% strength, if someone goes in with 100% strength he may break his arm
>>
>>42708200
TENDON STRENGTH
>>
>>42709596
I wasnt prepared for these feels
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.