[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mind feels unworthy to make gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

19 year old here. I used to play a year of high school football when I was 15, and I was required to do the workouts, especially in the offseason (I think it was crossfit). along the way, I realized I was wake than my peers who started a year before me, so because of that feeling of inadequacy, I stopped going over time despite my body getting much bigger and stronger and less chubbier. I spent 10 days away from lifting and loss a lot of muscle mass. my mom then had me not go to football camp (which is an important place) because of my Latin grades and my poor football attendance at the end of the year. when I asked my former coach junior year if there was potentially a chance for me to come back he essentially Saud no, that door is closed. I felt weird, and I tried doing wrestling to grow over it but that didn't work out either. I then realized that whenever I try to build my body, I fall off, because my former teammates got their immense size through football, where as mine would have to be earned back.

TL; DR
as a shunned former high school football player how do I get over feelings of inadequacy to make gains and get big again?
>>
>>42705738
also sorry if blog, I just needed advice from you great /fit/izens
>>
You fell for the "not eating at a surplus in calories every day meme"
>>
File: 1503246287309.gif (2MB, 390x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503246287309.gif
2MB, 390x300px
>>42705738
Don't fuck up next time, don't give up next time, win next time. You can do whatever you set your mind to. Don't be a pussy, work harder and just fucking win.
>>
>>42705738
>former high school football player
Did you actually play or were you just there for a year?

t. actual football player
>>
File: 1504233321867m.jpg (99KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1504233321867m.jpg
99KB, 1024x640px
>>42705873
I guess that might have also been a problem. I do know many of them used creatine, which I only found out the year after leaving the team
>>42705927
Thank you anon, I'm glad you guys can give the motivation that helps. I used to think be aueof my mistakes I wasn't worthy to get big gains and that even if I did, people will like muscles gotten from football only better. I realized I'm over thinking it and that even if I do get them back on my own, I still had muscles earned from football sophomore year of high school at one point
>>
>>42705951
I did play in a few games, but I left the year after. I imagine you've been playing a ll your life from at least 9 years old until college which is pretty cool. In fact I envy you'd experience since my complicated parents didn't put me in the sport until much later, where as I wanted to start earlier to get better
>>
File: Perturbed Nico.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Perturbed Nico.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>42705738
You sound like a huge pussy.
Once you get over yourself you'll see that you can make tons of gains at 19.
Don't be one of those 260lb+ guys that can't even bench their own bodyweight.
>>
Train a balanced body before you get injured doing something recreationally. I regret not starting earlier
>>
>>42705982
Nope, joined at 14 like you but stuck with it
There were guys younger than me who were better, and our team had a lot of really bad hazing. Unlike you though I didn't give up because people who obviously worked harder and longer were better than me. I just took the time to figure out what I needed to do and then did it. Was awarded "most improved player" and "outstanding defensive lineman" (I played D-End) two years in a row.

Your teammates didn't get their immense size through football, they got it through working out. Sports don't make you big, strong, or fast, training does. Sports are just the application of training.

You're only 19 for fuck's sake, quit being such a bitch.
>>
>>42706082
you're right, also congrats on your hard work, it's good to see people that started a little later than others proving themselves. I played defensive tackle. you're right, I shouldn't be so worried about this. also I should've phrased my posts differently, that thru instead got muscles from football training
>>
>>42705738

You're 19.

Wait until you're 28 to post this regret thread. Or do what you have to do to not be in a position at 28 where you even have these thoughts.

Everyone's path is different, and you torture yourself by comparisons. Focus on the task at hand. Focus on yourself. Get the job done. And in a decade you wont even remember why you felt this way.

Do not let this snowball. You have to get ahead of this as soon as possible before this line of thought consumes you. You cant allow your feelings of inadequacy become actual manifestations of inadequacy.
>>
>>42705738
>how do I get over feelings of inadequacy to make gains and get big again?
by realizing you were a soft bitch and never an athlete and by watching better anime

>I was required to do the workouts
>because of that feeling of inadequacy, I stopped going
>asked my former coach junior year if there was potentially a chance for me to come back
>former high school football player
no you werent
>>
>>42705738
Stop watching anime.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.