[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crockpot/SlowCooker thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Been looking for more recipes to add and while browsing random websites most of them have more carbs than protein.
I'm looking for that protein rich recipes I can make since i've finally moved out and have more control in my food choices for building more muscle mass with less protein shakes and more whole food.
>>
>Ground turkey (browned)
>Whatever "low carb" veggies you want
>Water
>Whatever chili seasoning you want

>Cook it
>Eat it
>Save leftovers
>Eat leftovers every day for weeks

Welcome to my literal life, anon.
>>
>>42705584
One of my favorites is
>Chicken breast
>Salsa
>chili powder / pepper / crushed red pepper
>frozen peppers or black beans optional
>corn optional

>Serve with rice

Cheap as fuark and lasts the whole week if you can deal with autism style eating you'll get lots of protein in.
>>
>>42705528
you basically cant go wrong with a crockpot

take your favorite meats and vegetables, throw them in there with water and seasoning
>>
File: 1492397910373.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1492397910373.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>42705634
Oh fuck yes I love the chicken+salsa crock dish!! In fact, I might make that this weekend.

Another one I used to do:

>Pork shoulder (raw, marinaded if you want)
>Rub chili, bbq, or 'jerk' spices on it
>Put it in
>Put in some fruits (pineapple) if you want
>Cook it

It's a little more hands-on but it's basically a poor man's bbq.
>>
>>42705528
Crock pots are garbage. They only make wet food.

Soup or chili are the only things that don't come out shitty.
>>
>>42705721
You sound like a salty thirteen year-old with no experience preparing your own food.

If you don't like crock pots, then you can get the fuck back to Africa, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>42705528
>previously baked chicken
>egg noodle
>celery
>carot
>chicken broth

Go light on the carrot because their flavor can over power, and then spice with whatever you like to spice chicken with

When the egg noodles turn white, that's when I recommend enjoying and you will want the egg noodles to be white because that's prob. how you usually ate chicken noodle soup
>>
>>42705748
You sound like a fat stupid American.

Nobody likes boiled and steamed meats. Crock pots are popular due to laziness. The food they make is atrocious.

If you want to slow cook, do it sous vide.
>>
>>42705748
>>42705848
can you guys please focus on my delicious homemade chicken noodle soup recipe
>>42705766
>>
File: 1500005342563.jpg (2MB, 1800x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1500005342563.jpg
2MB, 1800x1412px
>>42705848
>>42705748
>>42705721
We're all here for /fit/ stuff not complaining about people who like eating "wet food"
>I don't like X so i'll insult them
>I don't like Y so i'll insult you
>>
>all this white boy seasoning

1. Any choice of meat (sear it before adding)
2. Paprika + cumin + oregano + salt + cinnamon
3. Chopped tomatoes
Cook for 6 hours and you have GOOD food for the week.
>>
>>42707257
We are here for good advice. Using a crockpot is bad advice.
>>
Boneless chicken
Cover in bbq sauce
Cook 6-8 hour
Shred chicken in pan
Dump whole lot in pan and sizzle until bbq sauce is thick again

Pretty good but bbq sauce is full of sugar. Not sure how to get around that unless you make your own
>>
Never used a crockpot before but I see all you fuckers talking about how you're good for the week with a single cook? Are these like gallon pots or some shit? Do you throw like 12 chicken breasts or ground turkey that weighs as much as a small dog? If this is great for meal prep I might pick one up today since I got the day off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.