[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1503946791305.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503946791305.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /fit/ so I want to join a gym that trains martial arts and the gym I'm looking at teaches both Krav maga and muay thai both of which I am interested in, however the gym costs 120$ a month and I want to know how to tell if the teacher is teaching legit martial arts, especially in the case of Krav maga, not so much Muay Thai since it seems Krav maga gets watered down due to being too "deadly". I have a free week before I have to commit what are some red flags?the gym in question http://www.ronintrainingcenter.com
Also what exactly are the major differences between Krav Maga and Muay Thai

Feel free to discuss all martial arts
>>
>>42704381
Just don't join one that trains kids with adults and you'll be sweet.
Also, once you have mastered the way of the mind and body, you are ready for the blade.
>>
File: 1486926116838.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486926116838.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
>>42704381
just do boxing man
> never watered down
> always practical
> great if you also lift
I think the best martial art is street fighting though. just blend techniques from other martial art with no rules making it deadly and effective. but the only way you can actually get better at it is to do street fights
>>
>>42704414
How do you even find a street fight and then how do you not die/get arrested in the process
>>
>>42704381
Live sparring is the big one. If your gym does no live sparring, it's probably bullshit. If they do only live sparring, it's probably bullshit. Ideally, you should be doing conditioning, drilling, and sparring in a single session.

That being said, I'd advise heavily against training in Krav Maga. The version they train outside Israel is rarely legit. Mostly, it's because a lot of the time, it's simply fake. Whatever you're doing is not Krav Maga. And when it is legit, you're right, it's almost always watered down. Stick with the sanctioned list of martial arts:

Grappling: BJJ,Judo, Wrestling, Sambo

Striking: Boxing, Kickboxing, Muey Thai, Kyokushin Katrate, and certain forms of TDK

That's it. These have been pretty much proven to work. Good luck in the future.
>>
>>42704480
well in my case
i went to school in a ghetto neighborhood and was a sassy motherfucker so i would get in 3 fights a year at least
but if you have close friends you could practice like Olympic wrestling techniques on dirt
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.