[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saturated Fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: _73638186_fried_sausages-spl-1.jpg (40KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_73638186_fried_sausages-spl-1.jpg
40KB, 660x371px
So what's the deal with saturated fat? How much is too much and how much is too little? Does lifting and cardio impact how much you need or can consume?
>>
I eat a lot of saturated fat, only real reason I'd consider it "bad" is because its calorically-dense and nutritionally devoid. unsaturated fats are better for you
>>
I just try to eat as few processed foods as possible.

I feel like that covers all the bad food memes
>>
>>42702597
There's studies floating around saying that fats (especially saturated ones) are super bad and they kill you fast with cholesterol and heart failture and shit.
But there are more studies coming out that say that general weight gain by sugar is just as bad as a fatty diet.

The thing is that fats, all of them, are energy dense. They're the more energy dense of anything we eat. So you need to consume less by volume to reach your energy needs.

The problem is that your stomach doesn't tell you you're full based on energy. You are "full" when you literally are full. So more fat = more energy for the same meal.
>>
>>42702682
So if I ate well under maintenance and worked out, but had a lot of saturated fat in my diet (40+ grams), am I fucked?

Is it merely about being able to burn off said fats, or do you have to limit them regardless? Just curious
>>
>>42702719
I'm no expert, but it increasingly seems like it's ok.
>>
If you're not eating saturated animal fat you're a faggot
>>
>>42702682
not true. it's impossible to overeat, say, porkchops. your gorge will rise. unlike, say, pizza, which tells your brain to keep consuming even after you've had enough.
>>
https://healthyforgood.heart.org/Eat-smart/Articles/Saturated-Fats

No more than 5-6 percent of daily calories
>>
>>42702597
an excess of saturated fat is bad mmkay?

try to get your polyunsaturated fats in mmkay?
>>
>>42702989
>>42703000
Isn't this impossible on GOMAD? Milk is all sat fats right?
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>42702867
Isn't the "I've eaten enough" hormone triggered by expansion of the stomach?
So it doesn't matter what you eat, so long as it is voluminous enough?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.