[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need science bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: nintchdbpict000004277811.jpg (90KB, 960x516px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000004277811.jpg
90KB, 960x516px
Can I gain muscle if I eat only enough protein and fat (low carbs around 50-80g), in a slight caloric deficit or maintenance?

I ask because I, although not fat, have a chubby face and a slight double chin I want to get rid off, to get that chiseled face, but I also don't want to lose gains.
>>
File: 1464383671393685069.jpg (203KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1464383671393685069.jpg
203KB, 400x533px
>>42697387
picrelated is the physique I am aiming at, nothing big.
>>
>>42697387
Yes its been proven that if you eat enough protein your body can maintain and even gain muscle while in a calorie deficit. Don't expect to gain a lot of muscle though
>>
>>42697387
You can if you're just beginning or if you're on gear.
But the process will be much slower than the bulk/cut cycle.
>>
>>42697408
>Don't expect to gain a lot of muscle though
Meaning that I would gain more muscle if I also choose to gain fat?
>>
>>42697426
Absolutely, but you'll have to take care of the fat later, so everything costs time in the end.
>>
>>42697387
I'm sorry dude but double chin is actually genetic. You'd have to drop to a very low bf%.
>>
>>42697387
It is actually beneficial to eat more fat than carbs, and take energy out of that source. You can even go in a caloric surplus with it, that way when you decide to cut you'll cut faster because the body will go straight for the fat reserves.
>>
File: 106.png (1009KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
106.png
1009KB, 1080x1080px
>>42697395
>nothing big
hahaha haha
unless you're on STEROIDS pic related can only be achieved by CHAD. you think you can just become HOT? Get in line buddy. only the top 0.00001 percent will ever reach their PEAK PERFORMANCE. I'm tired of you fucking BETAS pretending like you'll ever be anything. you need HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME, PIZZA, and CONFIDENCE. but just be yourself and be more confident. GOMAD faggot.
>>
>>42697695
>you need HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME, PIZZA, and CONFIDENCE.

I have all of that, also a big dick

t. OP
>>
>>42697866
read the /fit/ wiki
>>
>>42697387
There's a catch however bro, that most do not get.

Your caloric maintenance is all calorie sources included, which means INCLUDING PROTEIN.

However if you go below maintenance in a caloric deficit, and you are on a high protein diet, the body will burn through all of your fat and carb sources and also go straight for the protein, meaning that none of that (or a miniscule amount) protein will be used FOR MUSCLE REPAIR / GROWTH, since the body will have the priority to use it as an energy source.

THAT is the reason why people say you can only bulk in a caloric surplus, meaning that the basal metabolic rate + daily activities + excercise will eat up your carbs and fat, but leave your protein ('calories') alone for muscle growth.

Protein itself although having a caloric count can be burned for energy, but cannot be stored in the body as fat, meaning you piss it out.

The sweet spot is to have a caloric surplus that will enable the fat and carbs to fuel your basal metabolic rate / daily activities / excercise, but leave the protein as a fuel source alone so it can be utilised by the body for muscle growth.
>>
>>42698966
/dubs confirm

yes, this is the exact reason why you need a caloric surplus, because proteins are also counted into the calories, but you shouldn't be burning those, since you need them for gains.
>>
>>42698966
I have learned, ty
>>
Yes you will I lost bellyfat and gained upperbody muscle did it in 50-80 carb range abd 2 g of protein per kg
>>
>>42697387

i've been eating 2000 calories and 200g protein a day since July 7. I'm 6'2, and i went from 221 to 215.

my bench press started at 5x5 @ 165, it's now 5x5 @ 205

to be honest, i didnt think this was possible. I have no idea why this is working, or how much longer it can keep going.

i think im going to keep this up until i get to 12% or so bodyfat.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.