[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 35

File: IMG_3488.jpg (144KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3488.jpg
144KB, 480x476px
Alright I don't see a thread up and I really don't care if there's one already up. I have a really dumb question that has perplexed me suddenly and I don't know how to word it well for a google search.

So let's say, I eat a potato chip. This potato chip has 5 calories. If I curl a 20lbs dumbell in each hand for 10 seconds, did I effectively burn off that potato chip immediately?
You see, sometimes I can't resist the cravings. Usually after eating I feel guilty, and I lift for about 15 minutes to help burn off some of my bad choices. However, I feel like if I were to eat and lift at the same time, I could basically just do sets based around how many chips I've eaten.

So a handful of potato chips? 45 calories. Curl some 25lbs dumbells until failure for 6 minutes, 45 calories burned.

Am I just retarded here, or would this work?
Because right now there's a small bag of Fritos next to me, and I know I'll be too tired in an hour to lift to burn the calories, so if I eat them and lift at the same time....

Please don't be mean to me and refrain from telling me to read the fucking sticky or some shit because that thing sucks ASS.
>>
>>42695080
It's literally just math, yes.
>>
>>42695080
Its way too late for eerie pepes
>>
I'm tired of 5x5.
I did Reg's Beginner Routine.

Could you advice me on a exercices-heavy routine after this one?
>>
>>42695080
KYS
>>
What angles should I record myself at on bench if I want to have someone check if there's ANYTHING wrong with my form? Is just the side (level with the bench) okay? Setting up the recording is annoying so I just want to do it once.

I've stalled at the same weight for months.
>>
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Ca05BN551kE8SqsHL0uioT

for all fitness related help and discussion, both mental and physical
>>
>>42696713
is it a 4chan related group?
>>
>>42696719
yeh but no shitposting
>>
Is running or swimming better for my DOMS and recovery?

I'm also considering switching out bench press for weighted dips, I seem to be able to dip a lot better than I can bench, I can bench significantly less than what I dip. I'm doing stronglifts 5x5.
>>
>>42695080
Essentially, but it's not a great habit to get into. Lifting like that will also likely negatively impact your gainz.
If you're going to use calorie burning to allow yourself to eat shit, you're better off with traditional cardio. It's easier to actually track your calories burned, will interfere less with your actual lifting program, and is another prong in improving your general health and performance.

You can also just factor these excess calories into your daily calorie count. ie, eat 45 calories worth of chips, forgoe 45 calories worth of cooking oil when making dinner. Just make sure not to mess up your macros too much.

But being fit demands changing your lifestyle. Don't use it to excuse your lifestyle. Don't get into a habit like this if you don't have any exit strategy (eg, limiting the amount of junk calories you're allowed per day/week, resolving to do away with the junk after a certain safety net period, etc).
>>
Is it normal to have upper back doms after low bar squatting for the first time?
>>
>>42697193
yes
>>
>be me, 25
>out of shape as can be
>smoked weed for almost 9 years
>played sports throughout childhood/teens
>haven't worked out regularly since 2012
>finally decide to join gym
>4 free "consultations" with a trainer
>cool
>Tuesday
>first meeting with trainer: 15 minutes late (I was 10 min early)
>trainer is apathetic, long pauses, looks away frequently
>today
>2nd meeting: trainer is 10 minutes late
>still waiting, I approach front desk, ask if trainer X is here
>front desk bro says he'll find out, texts trainer X
>trainer X responds to front desk bro saying, "I'm on my way, tell him to warm up"
>mfw
>warm up could mean anything (set of lifts, cardio, stretch)
>front desk bro asks if I have a set routine
>tell him no
>tell him I want to reschedule with a different trainer
>he reschedules me
>leave

How the hell does the fat guy with pipe-cleaner arms beat the certified trainer to the gym? Especially one they work at? I try not to be a dickhead in these types of situations and completely understand that things happen, but how are you a trainer and late multiple times meeting with a client? I can do the workouts perfectly fine once I have a solid routine planned out, but that's why I made these appointments in the first place (to make a scheduled workout and nutrition plan).

Am I the douche here, /fit/?
>>
If endurance training builds no real muscle, why do cyclist have big legs?
>you can't explain that
>>
>>42697246
It does build muscle, just not optimally.
It's simply badda bing badda boom
>>
Full body workout 2-3 times a week. Meme or nah?
>>
>>42697360
Total meme
>>
>>42697360
>360▶
>Full body workout 2-3 times a week. Meme or nah?
ss
>>
Is 48 hours enough rest for a muscle, aye?
>>
>>42696771
Bump
>>
>>42696771
>not enjoying DOMS
They shouldn't generally last more than a day or two anyway.
>>
Switched to one-legged pushups on the advice of an Anon here. They're not so much harder than two-legged. Are they supposed to be?
>>
>>42695080

Thoughts on only having one day rest inbetween my deadlift day and the day i do upper back, abs, and farmers walks?
>>
>>42697707

Also what is the general consensus on deadlift volume training (10x5)?
>>
>>42697207
Trainers do not give a flying fuck unless you are paying for the sessions. A lot of people will nuy a trainer with their membership and these are the only people they give a shit about. Its not like that with all trainers but its that way with a lot of em. Trainers are shit anyway you are better off watching YouTube srs .
>>
I plateau on my bench. The only advice /fit/ was able to provide is "eat more". How much am I supposed to eat? I am normal weight for the first time in my life and am afraid to be overweight again because I fell for the bulking meme.
>>
I really just don't get how to brace my core. It's really holding me back as the weight gets heavier. I have watched all of the recommend vids about bracing and I can do it without a bar in my back. Problem is when I get under the bar, I can't feel the tightness like I do without a bar.

Also, I have a fucked up back from earlier in my youth. It doesn't bother me on lowbar but when I deadlift I can feel the twinge and my left side pulls up more on the weight to compensate for the right. I am doing SS as written but I recently played around with sumo and found it to be more comfortable. I know if I'm doing sumo that's not doing the program so is there a similar strength routine I can switch to that uses sumo?
>>
>>42697825

Bulking isn't a meme, you probably just doing it wrong
>>
>>42697526
no r u retarded
>>
>>42697465
depends on the stress
>>
File: 1501958468435.jpg (3MB, 3000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1501958468435.jpg
3MB, 3000x4500px
I was told by someone that some muscles are mostly fast and others are mostly slow twitch. It sounded like broscience to me. Was he right?
And if so, how would I even use that info to help my gains?
>>
>>42697207

This is not even related to fucking fitness, this piece of shit doesn't have an understanding of professionalism.

You did the right thing man, gotta have fucking principles. He was already late the first time, it hapenning again means he doesn't take his job seriously, why should you accept to receive guidance from an irresponsible shithead like this.
>>
File: not_grande.jpg (401KB, 900x1248px) Image search: [Google]
not_grande.jpg
401KB, 900x1248px
What happens if I can't provide enough protein in a workout day?
>>
How do you deal with obnoxious morons at the gym without taking the bitch way to management?
Not throwing a plate to their fucking face is a difficult task.
>>
>>42698570
If your diet is in check in the long term, it's whatever.
If you're constantly missing important stuff you won't gain muscle.
>>
I feel tightness in my lower back.

How do I differentiate between a SI-joint or lumbar issue?
>>
What's a good beginners program for a fat guy who is just trying to lift while cutting? I've been doing SL5x5 on and off since April and I gained some strength since all my life I've spent sitting down playing games and stuffing my mouth, current lifts: SQ 187lbs BP 88lbs DL 187lbs and OHP 71.5lbs. I currently weight 231lbs at 5'11
>>
>>42698570
Marry me!!
>>
>>42698570
Less muscle development..
Food is half of the battle
>>
What's a good ppl routine I can do using only machines and dumbbells and a bench? And pull up/dip bars.
>>
>>42697707

Anybody??
>>
high bar squat or low bar squat?
background - fairly noobish at squatting, have no intention of competing in lifting, flexible enough to squat A2G in high bar
>>
>>42697707
seems fine to me?
>>42697721
what is your intention behind high volume deadlift training?
>>
>>42696771
everybody dips more than they bench?
t. bench 105x5, dip 83+50=133kgx5
>>
Is there any downside to eating the same thing every single day, as long as you're meeting your macros? I'd assume my diet has all the necessary vitamins as well, since I've been keeping it for over a years, with only very minor breaks through it, and I've never felt any symptoms of anything bad.
>>
I was just now masturbating and twisted my knee and it made a huge popping sound. It hurts a bit now. Should I let it rest for the rest of the day just in case?
>>
So I'm 5'11" and 275lbs. According to tdee calculators I should be eating about 2000 calories to lose weight? Could I possibly be eating less and still have safe weight loss? I'm at around a 700cal defect right now.
>>
File: you're_making_me_nervous.jpg (110KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
you're_making_me_nervous.jpg
110KB, 540x540px
Whenever I bench press more than 90 % of my bodyweight,my left shoulder get the bad kind of sore for a minute or two. My form should be solid: scapulae retracted and depressed, shoulders externally rotated, unracking using my lats etc.
I already hit my rear delts and rotator cuffs plenty and my bent over row is a bit higher than my bench.
Is there anything else I can do to prevent pain and injury?
>>
>>42699176
Totally, and make sure it feels ok next time you workout.
>>
>>42699045
yeah make sure it also has all the necessary micronutrients, and also that it doesn't have terrible effects in the long run, a crazy example would be eating shark every day, you'd get too much mercury
you probably won't be doing that but make sure everything is ok in the long run
>>
How do I know how many calories per day I should eat? Went from 90kg from 75kg, want to reduce a bit more and start gym next week. I tried scooby's calculator but there were many things there I could not understand fully, I plan on using MyFitnessPal to count them. Oh, and I plan to do the SS programm, don't know if it's relevant to the question.
>>
>>42699320
To be honest you can't somehow measure the amount of calories you burn, it's impossible to take every single move into account. The best method, would be to get a very basic aproximation , even one based just on your size, weight and trainings, then cut ~500 kcal from that if you want to lose weight, and simply weight yoursef every week, see if the aproximation was accurate, and modify your diet accordingly.
>>
File: calories 31 08.png (23KB, 649x441px) Image search: [Google]
calories 31 08.png
23KB, 649x441px
>>42699588
Thanks Anon, followed your tip and got to this, will go for the 1722 goal then
>inb4 manlet
>>
Is the peck deck a good alternative for db flyes. i fucking hate doing those
>>
>>42699258
A couple of thoughts:

You say you're doing all the right things but are you really or do you just think you are?

Are you staying tight and squeezing the bar throughtout the entire rep?

Do you "come up to meet the bar" for lack of a better expression?

Are you using too wide a grip?

You say you work your backside, but how is your posture? If you still have protracted internally rotated shoulders you're not quite there yet and need stretching.

What's the resting position of your scapulae? If they're anteriorly tilted, you may benefit from pec minor soft tissue work.

Do you warm up properly?

Is your pressing volume and/or bench press volume and/or total training volume a bit on the high end? (this is a major one - you could be doing everything right and still experience aches if your workload is too high or has increased too rapidly)

Have you been doing the same bench press variation frequently for a long time? This can lead to overuse pains.

Are you taking your sets to or very close to failure often?

Can you do a proper Turkish get up? If not, fix your shit, if yes, start doing them.

Can you hang properly from a bar? If not, fix your shit, if yes, start hanging often.
>>
>>42699268
Thanks. It hurts to stand on so I'll just let it rest.
>>
>>42699740
I did the same thing with MyFitnessPal, there it says I should go for 1500 calories a day, I think I'll rely entirely on that app for this stuff, when I downloaded I thoguht it was only for counting, not for setting me a goal
>>
I'M SO TIRED OF SQUATS, BENCH, DEADLIFT, SQUATS, OHP, ROWS.

Can I just clean and jerk the whole time I'm in the gym? Isn't that a true "full body" exercise?

I mean, it's a dead lift, a squat, a row, and a press all in one. Wouldn't I get full body swole if I just kept doing them?
>>
File: Psoas_major_muscle11.png (445KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Psoas_major_muscle11.png
445KB, 1200x1200px
How the hell are you supposed to get over a tight poss when you sit all day? I'm doing some new stretches but...it feels impossible to recover from. Been at least a year since I had a tight psoas that caused back issues.

My lumbar is very tight when I Bend over. I can't do squats anymore.
>>
>>42700075
>1500
How the fuck can you go that low? Im not even that tall or big and my cutting intake is 2000 calories
>>
File: stretch.jpg (11KB, 594x433px) Image search: [Google]
stretch.jpg
11KB, 594x433px
>>42700112
>>
>>42700129
Starting to think I did something wrong, I set the goal to lose 0,75kg each week (there was option for more lmao), but it didn't ask about my exercise routine, only about my work routine. (177cm manlet, want to go from75 to 70, stop my daily 1 hour home exercises this week and start SS next week).
>>
How do I sit my hips back without losing my balance and stop my knees from going forward when I squat? My squat is currently my worst lift, and I can't seem to get the form right. I feel like my lower back and core might be the weak links.
>>
For a long time I've been having trouble unracking the bar on bench press when the weight gets heavy. Today I accidentally discovered that it's a lot easier if you flare your elbows out while unracking. Is this bad for your shoulders? I tuck them in normally for the rest of the rep, just wondering if that initial unrack with flared elbows could damage your shoulders?
>>
File: DSC_0159.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0159.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Is getting aesthetic, in terms of diet, as simple as getting the right amount of Protein and Calories for your goal?

Do you HAVE to track Carbs and Fats precisely to get aesthetic?
>>
>>42700373
fuck off Todd, leave your shitty game to /v/
>>
Is there a diet that allows everything but grains/potato/bread/cake/etc? Keto focuses too much on eating meat and vegan food is basically a shitton of starch.

I look up grain-free recipes but it's mostly for animals...
>>
>gaining muscle mass in shoulders
>gaining muscle mass in chest
>losing fat in waist area

What is the easiest and fastest of those three with properly executed training and diet?
>>
Jump rope for legs/cardio?

Former fatty here, trying to work on my footwork but too ashamed to be seen outside running.

Could I substitute jumping rope for running, and get some grace to my step again? I kind of just slop around and drag my feet currently.
>>
>>42700877
Rope is good. You are fat so it won't be easy though.
>>
>>42700373
Bump
Pls responde
>>
>>42700890
i'm not 'overweight' anymore, i'm just on the high end of the 'normal' category

should I make my own rope, or can I snag a 10 footer at Walmart?
>>
>>42700933
they are cheap as fuck so i don't see why not buy them
>>
>>42700690
Rice, quinoa etc? I don't think you should try too focus on a particular diet. Set your calorie goals and try to fit foods in that are easily accessible for you
>>42700931
If you eat 120-150 grams of protein and fill up the rest of your calories with mostly carbs and a little fat you're on the way to gainsville.
>>
>>42700709
I have no idea what you're trying to ask? Depends on a lot of factors (are you skinny, fat, muscular?).
>>
File: 1468501231186.jpg (78KB, 627x464px) Image search: [Google]
1468501231186.jpg
78KB, 627x464px
I'm taking niacin, biotin, fish oil, and vitamin d daily. what are some other must-have vitamins / supplements to take every day?
>>
been using myprotein unflavored this whole time. it's not horrible, just kinda get the shake down as fast as i can and move on

i ran out and my new shipment is gonna take a week so i went and got a tiny bag of some chocolate plant protein shit and it's fookin delicious. i've been missing out on flavored protein this whole time, my shakes taste like chocolate pudding now. do you flavored protein bros get sick of the flavor eventually after months/years?
>>
Trying to set up a home gym - would rather save the space required for a half platform.. is there any reason I can't use 2 deadlift blocks + a third wider platform to get my feet to the same height?
>>
>>42701025

just take a decent multi and it will have you covered bro. go to costco and get a giant bottle for cheap
>>
>>42701025
creatine mono
>>
>>42701043
I order 4.5kg bags from myprotein, those last some months. I don't get sick from the flavour ever. I change flavour every time I order a new bag, that's enough for me
>>
>>42701045
from my understanding, when you take multi-vitamins you get an excess of vitamins that you don't need supplements for
>>
File: IMG_20170831_224554.jpg (1023KB, 1849x2612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_224554.jpg
1023KB, 1849x2612px
It is noticeable that my right lat insertion is higher than the left one? I like the left side but the right looks strange to me. Anything I can improve?
>>
>>42701283
your left shoulder is higher than your right, this indicates that you flex your torso to the right and that's what's causing the illusion of a smaller lat. Either that or you have scoliosis or something
>>
>>42701108

not true. alan aragon is the nutrition GOAT and all of his shit is peer reviewed and legit. he suggests a daily multi. you won't get any conditions from having a little extra of a vitamin
>>
>>42701320
>never take a multi
>get sores on my tongue
>take multi for a few days
>sores gone
>stop taking multi
>cycle continues
wew
>>
I normally do seated calf raises, but this week someone was using it so I did calf raises on the smith machine instead and the DOMS is insane, it's four days later and my calves are still sore. Does doing it in the smith machine hit a totally different area? The only difference I can think of is the smaller range of dorsiflexion (smith machine my heels don't get below horizontal)
>>
Hello!
My question would be: 'How to acquire upper back DOMS?'
I want to balance out my muscles and fix my shoulders/posture.
>>
>>42701526
The two major muscles in calf are the gastrocnemius and the soleus muscle. When you stand, you use the gastrocnemius. When you sit, your knee is flexed and you deactivate the gastrocnemius muscle (this muscle helps a little bit with knee flexion too, it can't do plantar flexion and knee flexion at the same time) and activate the soleus muscle.

tl;dr: standing calf raise and sitting calf raise use two different muscles in your calves, you just trained the gastrocnemius for the first time
>>
>>42700877
just run my dude, I run frequently and I'm glad when I see recovering fatties actually putting in the effort to see cardio gains.
I get a little mad at the 35~ year old women who are decked out in full running gear but only ever walk.
put in the effort and you will see the gains
>>
Is there a way to tell if I am completely dehydrated before I weight myself, thus eliminating any chance of water weight?
>>
Are hanging knee raises somethig that only chicks do for abs? Is it gay if a guy does that, i dont know what else to for abs and i dislike plank a lot.
>>
>>42701868
Superset seated high row with banded face pulls
>>42702079
Weigh yourself in the morning after taking a shit/piss, closest you'll get to being hydrated.
>>42702148
No, they're great. Stop being so insecure.
>>
>>42702178
Same anon as >>42702079 here
I go to the bathroom when I wake up, but then sometimes I have to go to the bathroom again an hour or two later, even if I haven't eaten or drank anything yet.

I work the evening shift at my job, so I drink a lot of water while there. Should I maybe not drink so much?
>>
Are all multivitamin brands equal, if not, what separates good multis from the bad?

Also, are multivitamins for men always better than the generic kind?
>>
when i do side planks i feel it mostly in my lats and not really in my obliques. what are some boxes i should have checked mentally with my form while i'm doing it so i feel it in the right muscles? thanks for any help lads
>>
>>42701926

Thanks, that explains it perfectly.

Should I aim to hit both on legs day or alternate one each week? Also since I've never hit it before, should I try to get it up to parity with the other one before I start training both again?
>>
I youtubed "how to cook chicken breast" and all results show them cooking the thing whole. I thought you were supposed to chop it up? Am I thinking of a different part of the chicken?
t. never cooked in my life before
>>
I've just started uni, I've got a 3-day/week workout schedule and I'm doing intermittent fasting. Thanks to the kickoff weeks and studies I've only had time for one meal per day, with at least 110g of protein, at the end of the day right after my workout and then I usually go to bed soon after. Can this have a negative impact on my gains?
Thanks in advance
>>
>>42702349
Chop that shit up bro, you've gotta make that chicken your bitch. ThatMs the first thing any professional chef will tell you.
>>
>>42702349
It's personal preference. As long as there's no pink left (it's cooked all the way through) then you're fine.

It's extremely important that it's cooked all the way through, unless you like salmonella
>>
File: IMG_0218.jpg (471KB, 1787x2710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0218.jpg
471KB, 1787x2710px
Lifting. Eating at around maintenance on workout days and a slight deficit on rest days. Am an overfat manlet (5'5, 150lbs.). Running a 5/3/1 BBB.

Am I doing it right.
>>
>>42702381
>>42702389
yeah i was just curious because there were so many results for cooking it whole, and none for chopping it. I replaced the word "chopped" with "sauteed" and got a couple of results but still
Chicken breast is the mainstream protein source, sort of the go to thing that people on here are cooking right? That and fish? Pls confirm
>>
>>42699012
(Young Thug voice) Nigga what?
I can only do a full set of dips (10ish) if I'm unweighted or at very low weight, and I bench 225 for 5.
The only guys I see doing heavily weighted dips are bending their arms a fraction of the full ROM.
>>
6'0
170lb
>TURBODYEL
65 bench
135 dl
85 squat
what do
>>
I just moved for work and the only gym available is a planet fitness. It's horrible fit. They don't have a bench... only a smith.

That being said, they're 24 hours and cheap so I signed up. They do have incline, decline benches and free weights so I was wondering: is it better to bench via smith or should I hit free weights? I've been doing the free weights bc they feel more "natural".
>>
>>42702314
I'd hit them both, just start training the standing calf raise from now on and you'll be fine
>>
Looking for straightforward stretching exercise resources. PDFs best
>>
>>42697707
I do all that on the same day but whatever floats your boat
>>
Is all the 3 day workouts a meme?

I'm on reg park's beginner but im craving a 4th workout but not sure what to do. Should I just go PHUL/PHAT or PPL/PPL?
>>
Is this guy natty?
Can I achieve this natty? How to get such nice delts?
>>
>>42703446
Where did his lats go
>>
I signed up for a rec volleyball league at the gym. They'll be nice to me even though I'm a total beginner, won't they? I want to back out even though I know it probably won't be so bad.
>>
>>42703492

mens vball? they'll prob be bros
>>
>>42703503
It's adult co-ed.
>>
any /fit/ discords?
>>
So I had a dick problem where I had tiny bits of blood in my semen for 2 days, you guys scared me enough to go to a doctor.

Guess what its all good, sometimes you get this shit but its benign, nobody knows why.

I'm thinking about breaking my nofap to see if there is blood still there, what do you think?
>>
>>42703530

are you a dude? if you can keep up effort wise they prob won't give a shit

if you're a girl....post pics
>>
How do I deal with targeting weak muscles in addition to a program? I am doing a 4 day Shieko program (MWFSat) and my back, biceps, and forearms are my weak muscles according to symmetrical strength. Should I target these muscles on my days off from the program (TRSun), the days I do the program or some other option.

Another question, any recommendation for a really good hypertrophy program?
>>
Could someone post a specific workout template. I remember it said push pull split at the top and the template was blue and yellow. Love you bros
>>
File: IMG_8290_-_selected_1024x1024.jpg (55KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8290_-_selected_1024x1024.jpg
55KB, 1000x1000px
I'm going to have a day of excessive calories. I have control over which macros I consume. What is the ideal split for a binge? For what it's worth, 9% BF according to last DEXA, on a 500 cal deficit, 25%C/35%P/40%F.
>>
>>42697825
500 cal surplus per day
>>
File: luigidab.png (100KB, 194x220px) Image search: [Google]
luigidab.png
100KB, 194x220px
How far down does your pullup have to go to be considered legitimate? If I bend my knees so my feet can't touch the ground and do a full hang I can barely eke out 2-3. If I do what I usually do and slowly go down until my arms are about 75% extended until I come back up, I do much better.
>>
Is it retarded to buy a flat bench for a home gym? Or should I spend the extra money and get an adjustable one? This is already going to cost a lot of money, but it's my only way to make any gains for a few years...
>>
>>42703992
>not doing full rom pull ups
Never gonna make it
>>
>>42704073
Fair enough, with my lanklet orangatang arms it feels pretty fucking difficult though.
>>
>>42703365
p-please respond
>>
Any of you brehs got LinkedIn advice for a NEET with no redeeming qualities?
>>
>>42703739
Pls respond
>>
>>42704118
how long have you been on the program for?

are you still progressing?

what accessories are you doing & could you add more?
>>
>>42704197
3 weeks, just doing some lat pull downs and abs after the workout

Not really progressing either
>>
File: 9013636.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9013636.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
How do you deal with missing a workout day? I normally do 4 days a week, although weekday gym nights I'm usually working at lower efficiency because I can't always bulk/rest before going ham.

It bugs me I'm missing a day, but it's already 10 PM here and I can't sacrifice sleep and work performance for gains.
>>
What's a good ab routine, low weight high volume preferably one what wont make to so sore that it hinders my lifts
>>
>>42704687

stretch and do some abs at home
>>
Does anyone know of a sample diet for the most ultra poorfag? Or some website where I can buy cheap
>>
So you be sayin that at 160 pounds I need 160g of protein a day what the fuck
>>
File: 1399771701777.jpg (32KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
1399771701777.jpg
32KB, 400x349px
Threw away my pack of cigs a week ago and started running. Finished my third run of c25k today.
How do I keep good form while running? Towards the last quarter of the workout, my arms start flailing wildly, my shoulders all out of place, legs not even straight, etc., etc. How do I practice good form?
>>
File: 2017-08-06 18.15.19.png (652KB, 714x1171px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-06 18.15.19.png
652KB, 714x1171px
>have illness for 4 months that the shit tier doctors cant figure out
>lose all acquired gains in said 4 months
>finally get a diagnosis
>surgery
>illness gone now
>cant lift for 3 more weeks tho
>have friends from college in midwest that want me to visit during springbreak/christmas break

How much gains do you think I can make in a 3-5 month time span? At least enough to make it out of DYEL mode?

currently
>6ft
>175lbs
>~%13 body fat

If I do a full body routine 3x a week (MWF), eat at a surplus with a gram of protein per pound of body weight, how far can I make it?
>>
File: painting.jpg (35KB, 382x500px) Image search: [Google]
painting.jpg
35KB, 382x500px
>re-toasting in this thread because never got any replies

19 5'11'' and my stomach is a little flabby (people still call me skinny, not saying that's a good thing but I'm not really "fat") so I don't want to hard bulk yet, but I also want to develop more muscle. Should I just eat at a maintenance? Also, although I've been going to the gym MWF, walk for an hour every day, and do 100 (basically girl) pushups, I'm not really sure what my TDEE should be? Moderate exercise is around 2,500 calories, and light exercise is 2,100. I'm not hitting super high weights yet so should I stick to around 2,100? Maybe cut to like 1,800? (or even lower?) Like I said I'm not really fat, kinda flabby, and want to build muscle.
>>
how much do i have to squat before stacey notices me
>>
>>42705019
what was the illness?
>>
>>42699253
yeah but you might burn yourself out

500 cal is the normal deficit. 700 deficit is the difference between using sauces or not which sucks
>>
>>42705071
Had a faulty gallbladder that didn't pump out enough stomach acid so my food wasn't getting broken down so it wasn't getting absorbed as much as it should have been and I had mono on top of that
>>
>>42700096
take a break for 2-3 days

or make a more fun workout routine. Do accessories like chest flies or something

reset.
>>
>>42700340
correct form

>>42700343
yes can damage

>>42700373
yes. Cal and protein is all the really matters
>>
>>42701034
yes but you can always change to vanilla or something .

Its not that bad to switch, protein protein
>>
gonna have a desperation situation tonight post gym. no food at home and it's gonna be after 2am when i get out, pretty much everywhere closed except mexican places and subway

subway is disgusting to me but for a single situation like this where i have to eat something i'm willing to do it. do you guys have any situation for something high protein from there that isn't like 1000+ calories and is at least edible

thanks for any help
>>
>>42705097
Literally can't make gains. That's fucking brutal.
>>
>>42705504
>slept 16 hours a day
>ate 1 or 2 meals consisting of a box of macaroni and/or a sandwich
>standing up made me wanna vomit
>felt like my concentration, memory and iq were cut in half
>sanity was slipping
>docs kept referring me to other docs

I bounced around between docs for 4 months before I said "fuck all ya'll" and went to the best guy in the state.

I learned that doctors suck fucking dick and naturopaths actually know their shit.

If you ever have a problem and cant find a doc that's helpful after 2 or 3 tries, get to a naturopath. I saw 9 docs and they all couldn't figure out a simple fuckin thing like mono OR gallbladder dysfunction
>>
So lets say I'm limiting myself to 1,500 calories a day but still end up drinking a coke that is about 200 calories. Is this going to fuck me harder than if I just had a different 200 calories snack without the sugar and stuff in it?
>>
i've cut to approximately 11% bodyfat, and i just cheated pretty heavily. should i make it to 10% and then slow bulk or just start my slow bulk now? my goal is to get stronger, my lifts are probably late beginner to very early intermediate
>>
So I workout 3 times a week and on a daily basis I walk a few kms, am I considered 'active'?
>>
>>42706608
no
>>
File: 20170901_182605.jpg (407KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170901_182605.jpg
407KB, 2048x1152px
Should i go on a cut? I feel like im disproportionate in the upper body area, will cutting be good enough to look better or do I need to fix my proportions?
>>
>>42705658
It won't fill you up and you'll miss out on the proteins and carbs you would have had from a healthier snack. So provided you don't eat more later because you're hungry it won't interfere with your weight loss, but it's still not a good idea. Coke is piss anyway.
>>
File: skinner .png (41KB, 376x374px) Image search: [Google]
skinner .png
41KB, 376x374px
>>42695080
>not just squatting heavy and abusing the metabolic advantage it gives you for the next couple of days
>>
>>42706718
the fuck do you think youre going to look like if you "cut"...really just curious
>>
>>42705658
200 calories of refined sugar and acid is the worst thing you can dietarily do to your body. 200 calories of aynthing that has even 1 gram of protein would be better. candy bar is far better for instance.

refined sugar = death is the newest most reliable science, basically
>>
Hello /fit/.

I have been working on my pullups the past few months. Gone from never having done one in my life to currently doing 3 sets of 4, plus 2 sets of 3 (4 is just too much after the third set). Worked my way up via bodyweight rows and negatives. So I've obviously made a fair gain in my strength but I still look like a spoopy skeleton. I have long arms anyway so I'm expecting any muscle to take its time to appear but I was expecting more than this. What do? I'm going to keep progressing (my target is 10 sets of 10 for the time being) but when can I expect to stop looking like a fucking DYEL?
>>
>>42706775
no idea really, dont like the way im looking now just feel skinny/fit/fat. have an outline of abs under belly fat so im thinking weight loss will uncover abs.
i realize i look like a dyel (8 months progress) but all family and friends say i look allot better and im inclined to beleive them the only thing im self conscious of now is fat
>>
>>42706808
8 months progress at what bro? blow drying your hair?

you have no visible muscle. 8 months progress? how many calories do you eat?...
>>
>>42695080

is it okay to do farmers walks and hanging leg raises the day after deadlifts?
>>
>>42706843
Leg raises and DL both work the core. Some people say you can work it every day but I'd give it a rest day like other muscles.
>>
>>42706843
it's okay to do anything as long as you maintain proper form. the only exception is with things that cause bursitis etc, such as working shoulders after doing heavy bicep work.
>>
>>42706871

what about recovery for my traps, forearms and abs?
>>
>>42706814
6 months of SS and 2 1/2 months of Texas Method

67.5kg BP
87.5kg Squat
42.5KG OHP
95KG DL (haven't done in a month)

3000 cals per day give or take about 100, i know im pathetic ive been stalling on everything except OHP for a month.
>>
>>42706914
what about "recovery"? if you can maintain proper form, you can do it. you can train every muscle group every day.
>>
Hey guys, what's a good beginner routine that could Help me get a bit bigger but not completely buffed. Just want to get in shape and Have some visible muscle
>>
>>42706927
with those numbers and that caloric intake i honestly worry if you have some kind of metabolic disorder or something. i mean not to be a dick but.

it's pretty clear that some people here have "fell for the meme" genetics. You need to do split type workouts and do non-power exercises. power exercises are a meme

do you know that like 15 years ago, fucking nobody did power exercises? now a lot of people treat them on /fit/ like they're the only thing to do. drop intensity/frequency of your power exercises and check out some split workouts
>>
>>42706718
desu I really don't think you've got enough worth cutting for at the moment. You don't look like you have that much excess body fat on you yet that you need to cut, and you don't look like you have that much muscle mass to be worth showing off and stagnating your gains for.

>>42706808
Abs are extremely hard to sustain. If you cut now, you might get faint abs for a few minutes, then immediately lose them when you return to increasing your lifts, which will have been held back by having gone on a cut.
>>
>>42706931
the good ole "i don't want to get too muscular on accident" query

no, we didn't work months and years for it, we just accidentally ate too many oats one day and did an extra squat and *bam* ended up like this

read the fucking sticky faggot
>>
When you're writing how much you're lifting, are you referring to only plates or barbell and bodyweight too?
>>
>>42706946
This isn't a bodybuilding forum you fucking cunt, this is fitness in general. Getting fit but not huge is acceptable here.

>>42706931
read the fucking sticky faggot
>>
>>42706946
I did but honestly that Guy is pretty confsuing about his workout. Would Love to know a good one, you guys van probably link me to one. Im a Total noob on this
>>
>>42706960
look up greyskull LP
>>
>>42706954
>barbell
Yes

>bodyweight
No
>>
>>42706959
You don't get too muscular as a natty you retarded shit.
>>
>>42706959
>This isn't a bodybuilding forum you fucking cunt, this is fitness in general. Getting fit but not huge is acceptable here.
Missing the point. No one gets huge by fucking accident.
>>
>>42706965
Thanks buddy
>>
>>42706960
In that case >>42706965 is a good answer. You may also want to consider a bodyweight routine. You can do it at home with very little equipment and you won't get too big.

>>42706972
Where did he mention by accident?

>>42706971
Where did he mention not being natty?

Jesus fuck give the guy a break, he's just trying to better himself. Lay off the fucking roids lads.
>>
>>42706985
Bodyweight routine? Im confused
>>
>>42706997
Google it lad. Using your own body (and gravity) as a weight. Pushups, pullups, planks, stuff like that.
>>
File: leguano-aktiv-lavaschwarz.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
leguano-aktiv-lavaschwarz.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
I get lower back pain from walking with pic related (barefoot shoes). why? I thought they were extra healthy. maybe it's caused by my posture problems?
>>
>>42706985
>Where did he mention by accident?
...The entire post?
What part of "we didn't work months and years for it, we just accidentally ate too many oats one day and did an extra squat and *bam* ended up like this" is lost on you?
>>
>>42706985
>Where did he mention not being natty?
Holy shit, the point is you have to work fucking hard and probably juice to get "too big." If he wants to juice and not get too big, he's a fucking niche and a half, I think it's fucking safe to presume he's going natty and thus is in no danger of getting "too big".

>Jesus fuck give the guy a break, he's just trying to better himself. Lay off the fucking roids lads.
Holy shit, it's /fit/ you simpering pussy, no one's even said anything out of line.
>>
It's normal to feel so fuckin horny after excercise?
>>
>>42707042
Sorry, I should have been more clear maybe. At what point did >>42706931 mention getting big by accident?
>>
>>42707049
yeah, caused by endorphins and whatnot
>>
>>42707031

Most likely posture, yeah. Or you're just out of shape, if this is the only exercise you do (or even if it's something you've switched to/switched shoes for in the past few days), in which case it'll clear up as you adjust.
>>
>>42707050

It's impossible to get big by accident. That's the point being made. It's completely unreachable for beginners, he could do literally any routine and not get too big, to get big requires months/years of consistent effort precisely focused on getting big.
>>
>>42707049
Yes. Testosterone.

>>42707048
You don't have to juice to get what most people (especially complete beginers like the poster who asked the question) would consider big. You can achieve that with hard work and correct diet without resorting to fraud.
>>
how to recomp successfully?
>>
>>42707079
I agree with that 100%. But he never said "I don't want to get too big by accident", but the response pounced on him as if he did.
>>
>>42707080
>You can achieve that with hard work and correct diet
VERY hard work and very focused diet over a long as fuck period of time. Irrelevant concern for a beginner. Why are you being such a prickly twat? If you want to give anon your own advice, just give him advice, don't get up everyone else's asshole about it, you're not the dad of me.
>>
>>42707092

A bloo bloo fucking bloo. The guy was making a simple point directly answering anon's concern, write a blog about it why don't you.
>>
File: squat3.webm (884KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
squat3.webm
884KB, 360x640px
Can I get a form check? Been stalling on squat hard and no idea why.

Ignore the shoes pls.
>>
>>42707147
Nice shoes, honey ;)))
>>
>>42707147
squatmorning! keep your back straighter try tuck your elbows forward a little more, you're barely breaking parallel
>>
>>42695080
Curling 25 lbs for 6 minutes doesn't burn 45kcal
>>
>>42707088
bump. dont ignore me
>>
File: 1504194091036.jpg (141KB, 715x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1504194091036.jpg
141KB, 715x1013px
>>42707147
>>
>>42707147
Form is totally off, you make a different error each squat. You lean way to far forward, your upper back is not tight at all and rounds during the movement, you're dividing the squat in 2 parts 1 where you bent over and 1 where you actually stand up, it should be just 1 smooth movement with the the back staying close to the same position at the lowest and highest point. Also it looks like your feet are pointing outwards too much but that's hard to judge in this video. I'd recommend you read up or watch some proper vids explaining the technique in detail cause you're making errors in every part.
>>
>>42707088
1. Be skinnyfat with no muscle base at all
2. Start lifting and don't change your diet
???????
You'll have a horribly slow recomp for a few months, progress slowly and still look like shit
>profit
>>
>>42695080
Read the sticky retard
>>
>>42707224
ok what do then?
>>
I have no money (I have a job so inb4 get job) and very little food left, but I do have access to a near endless supply of eggs. Can I just eat loads of eggs in place of other sources of protein? I used to drink a liter of milk and eat 350g of Greek yoghurt every day but I can't afford that now. I ate five (5) eggs yesterday, is that bad?
>>
>>42707252
Bulk, then cut.
>>
>>42707261
>Can I just eat loads of eggs
No, you'd be pumping way too much saturated fat into your body, unless you only eat the whites.
Even then, don't expect a smooth digestion.
>>
>>42707261
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/good-eggs-for-nutrition-theyre-hard-to-beat#1
https://stronglifts.com/cholesterol-saturated-fat-how-many-eggs-daily/
Unless you already have cholesterol problems eggs are fine.
>>
File: huzzah.jpg (44KB, 535x594px) Image search: [Google]
huzzah.jpg
44KB, 535x594px
>>42695080

>Female masseuse tells me my body feels more solid, have I been working out
>Finished massage session, lying satisfied half-covered and naked in dark room, my oily sweaty body glistening in the dark as she leaves the room

My question is,
is this what sex feels like?

>t. 29 years old
>>
How do I keep my routine in under three hours? I just keep progressing and being able to do more and more reps, thus spending more time on one exercise when I'm used to going to the limit. Three months ago I'd struggle to do 20 push ups, today I did 120 and I can keep going. I don't think more reps constitutes more progress so I need a limit on reps and an optimal way to perform the exercises. Advice pls. Should I start doing weighted/one handed?
>>
>>42706927

Have you tried eating more
>>
Right now my programming looks like
Bench and OHP assistance
Squat and DL assistance
OHP and Bench assistance
DL and Squat assistance
But I'm curious, would this be better? Or does it even matter?
Bench and DL or Squat assistance
Squat and OHP or Bench assistance
Etc
Basically should I be doing upper body assistance on days I do heavy upper body lifts? Progress is fine but if I can fine tune it what's the harm.
>>
>>42707932
>three hours routine
It may be a meme, but I've heard anything far beyond an hour is a waste.

Anyway have you made strength and/or mass gains like that? I progressed to crucifix pushups, narrow grip, and one-legged. One armed is still too fucking hard for me.
>>
>>42707984
I've only been doing them for three months, though I do wide/diamond and normal variations. If you consider I never moved an inch, I've made significant progress and it shows, especially my shoulders.

I excercise after breakfast and when I'm done I take a shower and have lunch. It has to be in that timespan otherwise I'd have to continue after lunch and not be able to spend the rest of my day more effectively.
>>
What is 1/2/3/4/5 ?

I know it shows how new I am but I've tried lurking and nobody explains it ever.
>>
File: 1468816782150.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468816782150.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
Eczema is ruining my fucking life, how do I get rid of this shit once and for all? Everything in the world makes me fucking itch, from sweating, to showering, to moisturizing. Luckily it seems to be isolated to my arms, but it's still unbearable and prevents me from getting a good workout in. Hell, yesterday I was in the middle of a squat when my arms start itching so fucking bad I nearly maimed myself mid-lift.
>>
>>42708025
If you have a backpack you can stuff a few weights into it too.

I have a one-hour at best window just before bedtime and I do all my workouts then.
>>
>>42708063
Lol good idea also I lost a little weight so this would help.

Do you eat something though when you're done?
>>
>>42708083
Yes. Some Greek yoghurt if I have it. Last night I ate three eggs.
>>
>>42708091
>>
>>42708044
Is your eczema atopic ? Mine healed up very well with Tacrolimus ointment
What does your dermatologist say/prescribe you?
>>
>>42708044
never take hot showers, only cool, as the hot showers take away oil from skin. for my hands i wear gloves at night with mositurizer. for arms u can put on moisturizer with a vaseline layer on top
>>
>>42708177
Honestly, I don't even know. Nothing in my life whether diet or anything else changed and I suddenly just developed it over the last year or so and it hasn't gone away. I've made an appointment to see a dermatologist finally because I realized this shit isn't just going to go away on its own.
>>42708179
Yeah, I've a fondness for hot as fuck showers which probably doesn't help, but I'll try this. Won't be too hard in the summer but come winter it's going to be fucking brutal.

Thanks lads
>>
>>42708040
its 1/2/3/4 only, and its how many of 45 plates are on on side, so ohp, bench, squat, dl at 135lbs/225/315/405.
>>
File: back.png (431KB, 519x614px) Image search: [Google]
back.png
431KB, 519x614px
How do you guys take good back pics? i cant get the angle and lighting right to save my life

also not being able to see my back gains properly is really annoying at times

>pic related
>>
I started nofap yesterday and it was kind of hard then but today it has been so easy. I woke up with no boner (never normally happens), haven't gotten particularly aroused all day and am generally just having no struggles.

Is it supposed to get really easy after the first day or so or is something going wrong?
>>
>>42708393
I have like 5 mirrors all over my room for looking at myself from various angles.
>>
>>42707932
>Should I start doing weighted/one handed?
Gee, you think?
>>
>>42706784
Would really appreciate an answer on this.

Thanks.
>>
File: 1470584663510.jpg (76KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470584663510.jpg
76KB, 960x960px
>>42708559
wow

dunno

you?
>>
>>42697246
Endurance cyclists generally do not have big legs but sprinters do
>>
>>42706784
>>42708581
>keep progressing
>???
>profit
>>
>>42697246
Oh and cyclists like that also go to the gym as well
>>
Anybody have any experience with helping fatties learn how to squat and deadlift? Helping a woman lose weight but her body gets in the way of the two big lifts. I have her just doing box squats for now and sumo deads.
>>
>>42708628
punch her in the gut
>>
>>42708671
Don't be a piece of shit. We only dump on fatties that don't actively pursue bettering themselves.
>>
>>42708044
>>42708300
I was in the same boat where eczema just decided to fuck my shit up for a solid year for no reason.
Heed my wisdom:

>If you use steroid creams, take that shit seriously when it says discontinue use after x days/weeks because the withdrawal is real. Look up 'red face syndrome' and beware. Use it as a crutch, not a cure.
>Switch to sensitive skin laundry detergents. Switch to soap-free hand/body washes and shampoo/conditioners. This was probably the biggest thing for me, and I can't go back.
>Avoid obvious irritants. I spent a sad, sad year petting my dog with my elbows because I had eczema all over my hands. Not to mention the Micky Mouse gloves. Clean your house and rid it of dust, wash your curtains and everything.
>Be aware of pollen levels. Dry your clothes and sheets in a dryer rather than on a line when there's pollen in the air (or all the time). Make sure the affected area is covered (but not overheated and sweaty) if you have to leave the house when pollen is high.
>Avoid sweat and friction. Don't let sweat dry on your skin, and pat it off gently with a towel, never rub. Try and keep eczema covered in breathable fabric when lifting, to absorb sweat without exacerbating it by keeping you too hot, and to prevent skin from pressing against itself.
>While doing all this and mourning your ruined life, whatever you do, don't get stressed, because that'll make it worse too
>>
>>42708628
Having been around a lot of trainers I think one of the biggest mistakes they make is trying to make their clients fit the program rather than make the program fit the client. It always results in ugly exercise execution and I'm guessing injuries longterm. For most regular people, starting out with back squats is like going straight for the steepest hill the very first time you try skiing.

The good news is that if she's fat an untrained, she doesn't need those exercises because she doesn't need huge loads to bring about changes.

Various sled pushes are fucking outstanding and impossible to mess up.
You have the right idea with box squats though. Find something she CAN do, and then take it from there.
>>
>quit smoking (highest i ever reached was 1 pack a day and i stopped when i realised i was spending like 200 euros a month just to die faster)
>switched to vaping(yes i know i'm a fag)
>also take fish oil daily
>swear to god my male pattern baldness has gotten better, coworkers mention how my hair looks thicker and ask what's my secret

Am i memeing myself? I swear to god my hair looks thicker since i quit smoking.
>>
Is rice and potatoes a complete protein? It's all I have ;(
>>
I couldn't go to the gym yesterday due to a packed schedule. Should I lift tomorrow and monday to make up for the regular twice a week schedule I do? Since this is the second time in a couple months I've missed a session and I don't want to make it a habit.
>>
Can a natural make it doing full body every 2 days?
>>
how much did you guys had to lift in shoulder dumbell press for your delts to come out?
>>
>>42707981
Anyone? Am I just overthinking it?
>>
>>42695080
what is a meme?
>>
>>42710342
women
>>
>>42695080
what exactly does oblique training achieve, a more prominent V line, the illusion of wide hips or what?
>>
Is calories in calories out the be all end all for weight loss? I keep hearing things like carbs are the enemy and to lower sugar etc. But wasn't there a story a whIle ago about a man who only ate Doritos or stuff he could only find in a gas station and managed to lose weight because he calculated his TDEE correctly
>>
>>42710748
>Is calories in calories out the be all end all for weight loss

yes, thermodynamic laws nigga
>>
When I do planks, on my right lat I can feel like a bead of sweat run down and I know I'm not sweating, it doesn't exactly hurt but it's fucking unsettling. What the hell is wrong with me???
>>
how many pullups and pushups per day should i do if i want to increase my chest and lat size, im already going to the gym but i want to do this outside of it or before i go to the gym
>>
>>42698570
kek @ filename
>>
>>42710767
Why do weight loss calculators like Scooby's(?) recommend certain amounts of fat/carbs/protein when losing weight. Is it so it can select meals from a predetermined list? Couldn't I just eat 1600 calories of cereal as an example?
>>
>>42707473
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>42696656
Accessories and eat more
>>
>>42707147
I know this is bait, but I'll take it.
Fucking horrific. You have oly shoes on and you can't even stay upright.
>>
>>42710802
for your body to function properly
the protein is for minimizing muscle loss on a cut
the carbs are for energy and for your brain
the fats are for keeping your hormones functioning properly and alongside protein, they provide satiety

you could just eat cereals but wouldnt be fun and you'd lose a shit ton muscle on top of health problems due to lack of micronutrients
>>
>>42702716
Keep eating and training everyday
>>
>>42706784
You cant just do pullups you need to get a routine figured out and start lifting weights. Pull ups will not add mass to your body. You need to eat like a horse and lift
>>
File: 171042.jpg (132KB, 510x616px) Image search: [Google]
171042.jpg
132KB, 510x616px
What's good to do almost everyday that won't impeded gains or my recovery? 4 days/week, home treadmill, pushup bars, and I have a bike for Pokemon Go purposes on the weekends.
>>
How much cinnamon before its toxic? had a bit of it left and put it in the blender for a quick shake of whey + frozen banana

then when I was putting my whey back in place I noticed I had more cinnamon stored and sprinkled some more on top
>>
If i eat maintanance calories will I get leaner as time goes by or not?
>>
how2 properly store veggies? I sometimes only want to use half a bell pepper so I dunno how to make it so it lasts

and what about other shit like feta cheese and cottage cheese, and also beans?
sometimes I dont eat these foods since I just want like 150g and not the whole 500g and it seems they spoil in like 1 day or two
>>
>>42711155

Tupperware/pyrex and the likes for reusable storage. Ziploc bags work too, but I hate unnecessary waste if I can help it. As long as it's in the fridge as soon as possible, it should last a few days depending on how cold your fridge is. If nothing else, you can always buy smaller containers of your cheeses and beans if you don't eat them as often as you'd like.

Also for storing your greens, add 1/2-1/4 of a paper towel sheet inside to soak moisture for veggies. Replace paper towel whenever sufficient moisture is absorbed.
>>
File: 8].jpg (129KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8].jpg
129KB, 900x1200px
Will a 180lb male need 180g of protein? According to the sticky that's what I'm reading
>>
>>42708367
thank you
>>
what's he equivalence between human fat and calories? like, if I burn 500 calories how many grams of fat am I losing?
>>
>>42711925
3500 calories is one pound of fat so 500 calories is 64.8 grams
>>
is there any way to figure out what i should roughly be weighing at a target body fat? i'm 6ft2 but want to know what target i should be aiming for when i stop cutting hard
>>
>>42711462
yes. if you want you can even go for 1.25x your bodyweight so 225g if you want to gain a bit faster. don't go below 180 tho
>>
>>42712249
>tfw ate three chicken breasts, a little cheese and drank a pint of milk today and i still had to drink a huge protein shake to hit my goal

fugg
>>
>>42712227
Don't go by weight.
Go by how you look in the mirror and bodyfat %

The average man should have a bodyfat percentage between 15 and 10 to function optimally.
>>
>>42712267
tfw 18%
>>
>>42712267
fair enough, i'll just keep controlling how much i eat and making sure i get enough protein per day and see how i look in 6 months or so

really want to get /fit/ fast but i guess it took 20 years to ruin my body, so it'll take a while to fix it
>>
>>42712264
m8 I know your pain. I drink 4 scoops of protein powder everyday plus a ton of meat and other protein rich foods everyday and it's pretty hard, especially if you can't eat a lot like me. I just hope it will be worth it in the end
>>
File: IMG_3914.png (279KB, 776x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3914.png
279KB, 776x561px
>>42697360
SS. Im on it a second time in my life. First time got massive gains, now seeing the same thing after a LONG break from working out. I'm at 2p already after week1.
>>
Best shoulder exercise apart from OHP? I want to accesories for them, been doing lateral raises
Also, i read a couple anons that said that OHP on the smith is better than doing it freeweighted, is that true?
>>
>>42712351
OHP and lateral raises is all you need. Smith machine isn't as bad for OHP as it is for, say, squats but it's still shittier than real version.
>>
>>42702724
Do what feels more natural and gives you the feeling of a better workout, the best indictator of what works for you is your own body.
>>
>>42697513
This

I love having DOMS, dunno why, but I like it
>>
Yo fit I'm making my own pre workout and I wanna know if it's any good/safe..1.5 g taurine 5 g citriline malate 1 g lcaritine 200 mg caffiene 2 beta aline
>>
I hurt my back squatting and now I don't know what to do. It's taking forever to heal. I haven't been able to squat all week.

Is there anything I can do to promote back healing? This has happened before and it always takes forever to recover. I've just been focusing on upper body because I don't want to risk making it worse.
>>
>>42713441
Go to a real world doctor instead of asking 4chan
>>
>>42713441
hot tub
enough sleep
>>
I've gotten to this weird point in Texas Method where I always fail at least one of my sets. If I do the first two exercises as planned the third always fail. If I fail the first I always get the two next. If I fail the second the third is fine. Am I getting gassed out? Do I need to bring a shake or something to drink mid workout?
>>
Is SS enough to get to 3/2.5/1.5/1? I'm getting closer but feeling myself start to plateau a little. Should I keep going or try to switch to another routine? I don't know when people stop with SS.
>>
>>42714916
Also at 2pl8 right now I feel like I can't squat effectively every other day anymore. My legs aren't recovering fast enough. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
>>
File: fit guide.png (768KB, 2143x1912px) Image search: [Google]
fit guide.png
768KB, 2143x1912px
>>42696610
Pick one from the list
>>
>>42711462
>>42712249
>https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>Over 20 other studies have consistently failed to find any benefits of more than 1.6g/kg/d

no absolutely not
>>
What should I keep my prepared meals in, plastic or glass containers?
>>
Did GSLP for awhile, then started to do 531, as I wanted to split up my routine a bit into 4 days but didn't want to go to crazy on the volume.
I worked up to the following
OHP - 170x5
BP - 235x5
Squat - 315x5
Deadlift 365x5

I hurt my back doing some pickup football a few months ago, along with being super busy at work and generally not feeling well I didn't workout for pretty much 3 months straight. Gained like ~10 lbs as well (none of it muscle).

So I'm trying to get back into it again but obviously my lifts are way down compared to what they were. And my work capacity is fucking garbage.

Should i go back to doing GSLP with 2 days of GPP type workouts or do you think I should go back to 531 with some extra GPP throughout the week. My concern is I think 531 progression may be too slow for where my strength is right now. Making "three week" jumps would feel wierd.

I also considered doing something like PHUL (not using the exact template, more just having a power upper, power lower then a higher volume lower and upper day).

Thoughts?

TL;DR; Good routine for rebuilding lost strength and increasing work capacity.
>>
>>42716294
Glass unless you want estrogens leeching out of the plastic
>>
File: 1503930995777.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503930995777.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
Best protein besides ON?
>>
switching from low bar squats to high bar
how much should i lower the weight by?
>>
>>42714916
>>42714927
bump
>>
Two questions:

Do aesthetics equal strength?

Also, is 3x5 Greyskull a good routine for beginners, or should I do a bit more volume?
>>
>>42714916

It says when to stop in the book. You did read it, didn't you anon?
>>
>>42711925
>if I burn 500 calories how many grams of fat am I losing?
None if you're not on an overall deficit. Make sure to monitor your diet. Burning 500 calories doesn't mean anything if you consume 500 extra calories.
>>
>>42711155
I just leave them loose in the crisper, I always finish them within a day or two, never had a problem.
>>
>>42711110

If sprinking extra cinnamon on one shake was enough to be toxic, it'd be literal poison. You need to eat fuck loads over a long period of time. Just google it, jesus.
>>
>>42704712
ultra poor?

Chicken breast. Chicken breast.

and more chicken breast.

Take salt packets from McDonalds.

lmfao when I was poor I would go into chipotle and steal bottles of hot sauce

Oh go into Taco Bell and ask for sauce for your chicken breast. Better than nothing
>>
>>42704819
don't complain homo I eat 210g a day @ 170

I make a protein shake that has 80g in it, find a way FAGGOT
>>
What are some good beginner goals to hit?

I was thinking 2/3x bw ohp, 1x bw bench and 1.5x bw squat. All for 5 reps.
>>
>>42718147
those are some good starter goals
>>
How many BMI do I need to stop cutting? I am currently at 24.
>>
>>42718362
depends what bf% you are at and what your goals are.
>>
>>42718647
That seems like a difficult thing to measure, though my guess would be between 15 and 20 percent.

I think my goal is to loose more fat, then start bulking a bit to grow more muscle, and eventually cut again for the final results after up to a year or so. I don't know if BMI is really important actually, never considered looking at body fat %.
>>
>>42718736
BMI is useful if all you care about is how heavy someone is relative to their height. It doesn't account for difference in muscle mass or fat mass
>>
my heart rate went up to 200 during my HIIT session on the exercise bike. i got a massive endorphin rush and didn't feel any pain. i'm 23. is that safe or should i aim for lower?
>>
>>42718905
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=target+heart+rates
>>
How do i activate my left pec for pressing? My rear delt/rhomboid does all the work. I already try to retract scaps, warmup with light weights/machines, but nothing
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.