[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knee pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: exploding knees.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
exploding knees.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
How do you guys deal with knee pain? Have any of you tried deloading?
>>
>>42690406
Stop lifting. start swimming
>>
>>42690406
fix your god damn squat form
>>
>>42690406

stop whatever lifts are causing you joint pain. stop it. seriously fucking stop it. This isn't a joke.

You need to avoid lifting until 2 weeks after the pain stops after you've stopped lifting and then you need to warm up with cardio - YES CARDIO - using the joints that are typically in pain for at least 20 minutes. Only then should you lift and go heavy. Don't do the lift for cardio, actually hit the stair master or run.

Again, this is not a joke. You will fuck your joints long term if you continue like you are.
>>
>>42691778
>>42691727
>few years ago, start ss
>get up to 2 pl8 squat, parallel
>Hips flexors hurt, have to stop
>eventually stop lifting for reasons unrelated to this

>Few months ago, start lifting again
>doing SS but squatting only Mon & Fri so legs dont get fucked up
>Focus on form, flexibility
>No hip pain anymore
>going almost ATG now
>Go up in weight slowly to prevent injury
>left knee kinda starts hurting
>Keep going because its not bad and only doing ~185.
>knee pain doesnt go away, stop squatting.

Its been two weeks. I wanna go back to squatting but my knee is still hurting a bit. How long should i keep from squatting and How the fuck do i fix my form?

I've been complimented on my form at the gym. Only thing i can think of thats fucking me up is my knees bend outward a little.
>>
>>42692002

2 ways to get rid of the pain I've found.

1. Go hiking.
2. Make chinese / korean bone broth and drink that shit for a week with some veggies

long term light cardio and repair.
>>
>>42692002
There are a million ways that knee problems can occur, and unfortunately you will probably just have to keep trying different things until you find one that works.
>>
>>42692002
>>42692603
whoops didn't mean to post that yet. anyway, the thing that ultimately worked for me was maintaining core tightness during the squat. sounds ridiculous my knees feel perfectly fine now as long as everything is really tight and rigid

also like the other poster said, do a THOROUGH warmup before lifting heavy
>>
>>42692429
>2. Make chinese / korean bone broth and drink that shit for a week with some veggies
cant tell if serious. I've been eating a lot of turmeric and taking cumin oil; both are supposed to be godtier for fighting agains inflammation.

>>42692629
> maintaining core tightness during the squat.
Thanks for the advice, will keep this in mind. I warm up with cardio and work up to my work weight slowly, but i'll make sure to take extra time with warmups too.
>>
>>42690406
Young teenage lifter here. Exercises like lunges and stuff shred my knees horribly. In addition to lifting, I've been doing Cross Country with my High School team (my times are so fucking shit but I do it so I can meet military standards) which shreds my knees. Luckily, my parents are Physical Therapists and know their shit. Dad said to use a foam roller on ITB, glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Knees felt so much better afterward.
>>
>>42692981

srs. It's about rebuilding cartilage with collagen found in those foods. gelatin n stuff. look it up.
>>
File: df.jpg (27KB, 414x508px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
27KB, 414x508px
>>42690406
Fish oil, and continuing to strengthen my legs with other sorts of lifts / exercises such as cycling. I do roughly 80-100kms a week on my MTB and litrelly all my pain in my knees and shins vanished.

Still squatting 155kg 3x a week.
>>
>>42693491
looks good mang. i'll probably fuck up trying to make it but i'll see if mum can help or if theres any chinese places here that sell it fresh
>>
Msm
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.