[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I train chest tho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

My shoulder was fucked up during a football match 2 months back and I haven't trained proper chest since because it hurts like a bitch whenever I try to bench or likewise. I had an x-ray done and the doctor basically said he can't see shit wrong. Should I work through the pain or nah?

My chest is visibly disappearing. It's depressing as fuck. Help a /fit/izen out
>>
File: 964.png (19KB, 698x406px) Image search: [Google]
964.png
19KB, 698x406px
Shameless self-bump
>>
If it hurts to train chest then don't do it. You're fucking your shit up more. Go see a message therapist or even physio fix your shoulder and chest.

I had a lower tricep tear that was kinda small but painful. Physio and Doctor didn't care much and told me to take time off to heal it. In 2 months it never really healed the same and scar tissue formed (which isn't elastic like muscle so it hurt to lift). I talked to a personal trainer that is the biggest guy in the gym and he showed me how to foam roll my arm using PVC pipe to break down the scar tissue and let regular muscle tissue heal it. 4 days later I was 100%

Point is Doctors don't know shit about sport injuries. All they will tell you is to stop lifting, they won't give you rehab to keep lifting and heal. Go talk to a knowledable personal trainer or message therapist. Maybe even a physio just to make sure nothing crazy is happened and it's just muscle related.
Anyways good luck and yes injuries suck ass.
>>
>>42688210
Thanks for the legit advice tho.

Leg-day it is then.
Fuck I miss working my chest tho
>>
>>42688107
rotator cuff injury maybe?
>>
>>42688274
Right behind the left collarbone. Happened after a hard impact, don't think it's a rotator cuff injury I'm afraid. Closer to the neck than shoulder tbg
>>
File: clavicle sprain.jpg (72KB, 650x439px) Image search: [Google]
clavicle sprain.jpg
72KB, 650x439px
Holy shit Anon, this is a Godsend of a thread. I have class a 5;30 so i might not be able to respond so lets make this quick.
>Be me
>Be collegiant rugby player
>Have successful season but season ends
>Go home for Summer and wait for 3 months
>NotGonnaHappen.jpg
>Little bro offers to come out to his rugby team for a scrimmage
>Why not, sounds like a fun way to show the kids back home hime I'm doing
>Little bro and fellow 17 start game
>Tell them I'm just there for fun, nothing serious
>First play of the game my own player takes me out and I scorpion
>Immediate pain in left shoulder, feels bad man
>Suck it up
>play reast of half but I'm dangling my arm
>Hold it to my chest
>Pain gets worse
>Tell bro I gotta go and get in car
>Go to hospital several days later because I can't even dress properly
>Get X-rayed up
>Nothing there, but the tendons and ligaments are pretty fucked up
>2 months rest minimum
>Chest slowly dies off
>Look at myself in the mirror and cry everyday as my body melts away

tldr: hurt my shoulder playing a sport and got x-rayed but nothing way broken. I guarantee your tendons and ligaments are fucked, and I wasnt even able to comfortably do a push-up for over 3 months.
It has been about 4 months since that incident and I'm able to do push-ups again comfortably and I'm on the road to rebounding, but Goddamn has the damage been done.
You probably have a clavicle sprain if your arm feels better when you put it at a 90 degree angle and hold it close to your stomach.
>>
>>42688107
Wait 2 months, then gradually (and I mean GRADUALLY, unless you want another 2 months off) work you way back into your usual routine. It sucks, but you have to let injuries heal.
>>
>>42688107
this is prolly bro science. but with injuries i always look for a muscle stretch that will make it hurt and then i hold that stretch for 5 sets of 30 secs. in my meme head i tell myself it's promoting healing by sending warm blood to the injured area but i dunno.
>>
>>42688107
Do you feel pain when usikg very high reps and low weight ?
>>
>>42688107

its very easy. If you can find any pressing excersises with a weight where you dont feel any pain, you can slowly ease into it. No need to take a 2 month break if you can find this. If its not possible, then cool it down and let things settle abit. Maybe do some re-hab, possibly go to a physio or something.
>>
>>42688107
Start off with body weight exercises. Retaining proper mobility is important while you regain strength. Doing slow presses against the wall can be a more beneficial route as you experience tissue healing. Also doing poses where your wrists are engaged automatically engages your shoulders, so if you can hold various positions for a minute or so you should then move on. Think of it as you don't need to lift in order to start lifting proper again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.