[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol, Lifting and Milk Thistle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1uzwn8.jpg (113KB, 500x970px) Image search: [Google]
1uzwn8.jpg
113KB, 500x970px
I've seen Pro-Bodybuilders take the supplement "Milk Thistle" with the reason "To protect the liver from toxins". I've also heard people saying, that they take it because of the use of roids.
Now my question: I drink alcohol on a daily (mostly whiskey) and am also lifting seriously. Would it be of advantage for me to take said supplement to protect my liver? (I eat very very clean besides the drinking)
>>
>>42687889
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=milk+thistle+liver+studies
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1848x707px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1848x707px
>>42688001
Come on dude, there's a reason we are on this board.
(Thanks anyway)
>>
>>42687889
I was a heavy drinker (now completely dry). I started taking milk thistle because of a slightly elevated liver ALT caused by cholesterol medication. My cholesterol is high no matter what and regardless of only eating chicken breast, veggies, and avocados for three miserable months it was still high.

Anyways, I went to a gastro doctor to have him give me a look. He told me not to take it as it put more stress on my liver. That being said my general practitioner said I should take it. I'm currently following gastros advice as the liver is his specialty.

Also, stop drinking. You are scarring up your liver and giving yourself a fatty liver. You don't want to die yellow in a hospital bed drifting in and out of sanity from the toxins in your blood. This goes for fat people here. If you think obese people don't get liver failure from fatty liver you are WROOOOONNNGGGGG. Fix your lifestyle now gentlemen.
>>
>>42688156
Thank you, kind sir

How did you manage to stop drinking? Was it "changing the cause" (e.g. changing your job you're unhappy with)?
And isn't serious lifting in any way compensating for the stress you put on your body by drinking? (Asking you as someone who actually knows out of experience which is very valuable to me)
>>
>>42688286
Sorry for the delayed response. A number of factors in my health led me to stop drinking but my biggest was turning to God and giving that problem to him. Like many people will experience in their life I had a number of hardships that I chose to crawl into a bottle with. After my father died I decided to get my life in order and be a positive example for my family. I eat healthy and work out so I can guide my children to adulthood and ask that God not take me until they are out of the house as functioning members of society.

I know a number of you may scoff at religion and that fact that I'm on 4chan of all things probably doesn't help my case but dedicating my life to something has helped my discipline greatly. You can always dedicate yourself to that next weight goal, or education goal, or X,Y, and Z but being a good person is a lifetime struggle and you just maybe will have an impact on this earth because of it.

Good luck.
>>
>>42689011

Damn anon, you got me in the feels. Bless you, brother.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.