[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY OLD FARTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ITBS.jpg (39KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
ITBS.jpg
39KB, 500x404px
For the old shits here who are close to 30 or 30+ with knee issues..

What the fuck do you guys do if you have ITBS( iliotibial band syndrome ) ?

My orthopaedist told me to lay off of squats / deadlifts for a few months. I'm going to trust a top MD way more than randos on /fit/ but the intention of my post is to ask if any of you guys have dealt with this shit before ; if so , what helps?
>>
>>42687351
>I'm going to trust a top MD way more than randos on /fit/
>but
>What the fuck do you do if you have ITBS.
>>
old fart with bad knees here. kill yourself, it only gets worse. there is nothing that you can do. it will keep you up at night, and you will find yourself shambling painfully in a daze until you catch the fleeting respite of a few moments of sleep until your brain sends the adrenaline signal that it's time to wake up and tend to what it interprets as a traumatic injury.
>>
>>42687351
is 26 considered an old fart?
>>
>>42687393
I'm soliciting anecdotes for general interest. It's not a deep or complicated concept.

>>42687401
getting there
>>
I know rip recommends getting a massage therapist and having him do an ITB release. if done properly it's apparently very effective, but also very painful.
>>
>>42687456
>him
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 205x246px
>>42687434
>getting there
>>
>>42687480
well, I'm 36 and so far my 30s have been way better than my 20s.
>>
>>42687351
your squat form fucking sucks and you arent rooting your feet into floor

50$ please
>>
>>42687456
>very painful
Yes, it is. After the first time, it'll be sore for days. Then you get to foam roll it later. Works pretty well.
>>
Had bad IB pain after a hiking trip, just hit it with a foam roller and worked on my structural weaknesses to assess the instability. Also stopped squats and deadlifts and am only doing accessories.

>>42688706
What he said. Your form probably needs proper work. But would like to know more about what you meant by "rooting"

The best advice would be to do to a good sports/athletic therapist who will tell you more than just "stop everything"
>>
>>42687485
Same!!
>>
My experience is the opposite. I'm 33 and half always worked in jobs that require a lot of standing and walking. My knees started to give me trouble in my early twenties, but after I starting squating (body-weight) about three years ago my knee issues all but went away.
>>
>>42687351
Do good mornings instead. I wouldn't lay off deadlifts, they shouldn't be any issue if you are executing it in perfect form and avoid max lifts. Consider using using wraps around knees until you recover. And some other therapeutic aids. Also examine your lifting shoes, buy new ones which support your ankles.

Your issue with knees are coming from imbalances in your body and from the form you are doing lifting and laying off don't really fix anything.
>>
>>42687351
Foam rolling really helps loosen the band. I'm a cross country runner who gets this sometimes.
>>
>>42687351
>if so , what helps?

nothing
just let it heal. don't even do light jogs.
>>
>>42687351
>be me
>45 old fart
>had to quit running in teens because knee problems
>get to middle age
>start keto life style
>joints like a young buck
>better runner than at 15
>lifting, squats, no probs

feels good, famiglia
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.