[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 31

File: arnie.jpg (120KB, 1090x614px) Image search: [Google]
arnie.jpg
120KB, 1090x614px
The other QTDDTOT thread is border dead

I can bench my Bodyweight and OHP 60% of my bodyweight but I can't do dips or pull ups

Anyway to fix this?
>>
Repost from old ded thred, hope it's ok.

How do I know if I'm overtraning? Is overtraining not just a meme?

I do normally six days per week training, around 40-60 minutes each time. I'm very light on free time so I tend to take minimal breaks between sets. Is this too much? Yesterday I just wasn't able to do anything and I feel tired all the time, but I don't know if that's related to my workouts.
>>
Do I have to touch my chest when bench pressing? Or is a few inches above my chest fine?
>>
>>42684817
Touching your chest is best lest you risk being a half-repping faggot.

>>42684627
How wide is your grip while benching? Dips is more tricep-heavy so that could be the issue.

Can't do pull-ups? Either you're not strong enough or your lats are lacking. Do chin-ups instead with grip just a bit over shoulder width.
>>
What do you put in your overnight oats?
>>
>>42684904
>How wide is your grip while benching?
Just a bit wider than shoulder width
>Can't do pull-ups?
Not at all, I can do 3 reps ish of chin up but I'll try a bit over shoulder width

All the pull up bars in my gym i can reach easily while standing and when i fold my legs i start swinging around too much, maybe because I'm a tall chink or something, I can do more than half of my weight in barbell rows
>>
File: images-1.jpg (8KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
8KB, 215x235px
What is the best whey protein I can get at price/gram?

I used to use Muscletech from Sams club, but they stopped selling 6 lb bags and it's not as economical anymore
>>
Are dumbbells, a stationary bike, and an old Total gym1000 really enough for me to get into good shape or should I bite the bullet and get a gym membership at planet fitness or something?
>>
>>42684987
>Total gym1000
Jesus christ
>>
>>42685019
I should add I am literally starting from nothing, I've barely ever lifted in my entire life.
>>
>>42685030
How heavy are the dumbells?

That TotalGym 1000 things looks meme as fuck. You should look into bodyweight exercises maybe.
>>
>>42685053
Just 30 total, best I could find at walmart along with a kettleball at 15.
>>
>>42685063
You could do bodyweight exercise till you plateu
>>
Im not gay but sometimes in the gym theres a cute guy and I imagine what it would be like to suck his cock and have him fuck me, its exciting. Anyone else straight but have thoughts like this?
>>
>>42685063
That's enough to get you started aye.

>>42685081
+1 for this. Throw in a few curls too, and them maybe use the weights to progress your bodyweight routine.
>>
>>42685094
>>42685081
This
Just do push ups, bodyweight squats and sit ups till you can easily pull in 50 of each a set

Look up some standing dumbbell presses for shoulders and arms then do some dumbbell deads and squats before you hit the gym

Also clean up your diet and track things
>>
>>42685090
>straight
>suck his cock, have him fuck me
Pick one faggot.
>>
>>42684627
you're probably too fat

keep training OHP and LPD and lose some weight

>>42684755
if you're noticeably weaker without any obvious cause (strenuous day, no sleep, crap diet etc.) then you're probably overtraining.

>>42684952
any cheap one will do desu. myprotein tastes alright and doesn't cost much

>>42684987
it's enough to get something, but very limiting very quickly with how much you can progress, especially ending at 30lbs (?)

once you can do the basic compounds with your max db and bw on that kit for 10 reps or so, you're not really gonna see any real gains
>>
>>42685113
>LPD
W-what is that?
>>
>>42685117
Lat pulldown.
>>
>>42685112
I masturbate to women though
>>
>>42685111
Throw in some bodyweight rows and curls, and then progress to pullups too.
>>
Can i drink coffee during the fasting periods of IF?
>>
>>42685157
>>42685111
>>42685113
Any particular days I should be doing this? Like every day or just every other day?
>>
>>42685171
No and you cant drink water either
>>
>>42685180
Split it up. For example:
Do bicep curls and rows on days 1 and 4
Do pushups and dips on days 2 and 5
Do your cardio on your bike on days 3 and 6
Day 7 fap
>>
>>42685208
>fapping
Nigger nofapping's greatest lesson is to curb your instant gratification
>>
>>42685139
Thanks
>>
Are there SCIENTIFIC studies about what male body shape is attractive to women? Precise proportions etc.
>>
>>42685208
Any particular length of time or sets I should be going at for my exercises? Until failure or 4 sets of 8-12 for each exercise where it applies?
>>
>>42685156
Its okay dude, I just masturbate to the occasional trap doujin every once a month to keep myself straight as an arrow

No homo, ancient greeks and romans had fuccboi trap sex slaves and they were straight aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>42685286
The piano man left us a blueprint before he went to heaven
>>
>>42684627
So basically, you are either fat as hell, or weak as fuck?

The answer is to workout more and get stronger. Particularly focus on triceps for doing dips.
>>
>>42685290
Depends on the exercise. Pushups are easier pullups for example. 4 sets of 10 is a good rule provided you are approaching failure by the tenth rep. Read up on bodyweight routines and ask in /bwg/. You can play around and find your own routine too but this will take some time to perfect.
>>
>>42685327
Thanks a lot, appreciate the help and advice.
>>
>>42685323
>fat as hell
Im 21% which is pretty fat and im pretty weak so both i guess

Any tips on not swinging and dangling when holding the bar?
>>
Theoretically, would calisthenics be a good idea for a skinny guy that only plans on building a smaller frame?
>>
>>42685360
No worries. Good luck.
>>
I've read you can grow mass with high rep/low weight workouts but others say this is endurance training and useless for growing mass. Which is correct?
>>
Do any of you guys that went from fat to fit get a better eyesight from eating healthy? I can see normally but ptrolly a year ago I started seeing something like a worm when I watch the sky, I know is kinda normal but it started when I put up some weight its makes me wonder
>>
Is it bad to eat 5 eggs every day? The only thing I've seen against it is people confusing blood cholesterol and dietary cholesterol, but I want to be sure before I commit.
>>
>>42685519
You didnt state your rep range. Saying high rep with no rep range really doesnt mean anything.

Staying between 5 to 10 reps on mainlifts and 10 to 15 on accessory lifts is good enough to go with.
You do increase mass and strength simply by lifting, but whether you do 5 reps or 20 reps, the muscle work is different. There are some exceptions though, like going over 5 reps on diddlies is quite useless and dangerous.
>>
>>42686174
>confuse

Eating less food with plenty of cholesterol in it has been and will be an essential part of lowering one's cholesterol.
>>
>>42686228
Ok, let's say I started with a 10/20/whatever lb dumbell. Could I theoretically stick with that and progress by adding to the number of reps each time, up until I'm doing 3 sets of 100 or whatever?
>>
>>42686265
No

Like I said, the rep ranges I mentioned are good for general advice; 1-10 (1-5 for deadlifts etc, rows, bench etc are usually better off with 5-10) for bigger lifts, and then for accessory lifts (isolation and such) 10-15 is alright.
Going past 15 is usually not preferred as it is almost cardio and doesnt build muscle as effectively. When you can do you 3x15 set on your curls or whatever isolation/smaller exercise, up the weight. Same thing for bench for example, you hit 3x10 on a certain weight, then just up the weight and go for 3x8 next time for example, working your way up to 3x10 and then upping it again.
>>
gyms closed due to the weather but I just ate a delicious protein packed breakfast today
If I workout tomorrow do I still benefit from that nutrition?
>>
>>42686324
You build muscle after a workout for a few days after the workout so eat properly at all times, would be the most reasonable advice.

Beginner lifters take less time to recover and can work the same muscle more often, advanced lifters benefit more from more splitted workouts as they need more days to recover. Think of a guy who has been working out for 2 years compared to a guy whose been going for 10.
>>
>>42684627

Would training neck the day before deadlifts/traps interfere with recovery?
>>
>>42686302
>doesnt build muscle as effectively
This is what I was getting at though - not as effectively, or not at all?
>>
>>42686405

Also would training upper back and doing things like farmers walks the day after deadlifts be bad?
>>
>>42686405

anybody?
>>
Is it okay to lift in the morning then train abs at night, or would it best best to train abs directly after my main workout?
>>
is it bad to just eat eggs and rice every other night for dinner? it's convenient and tasty as fuck tbqh
>>
>>42686626

as long as your getting enough nutrition from other sources throughout the day aswell
>>
>>42686407
Not enough to the point that you dont want to do it. This is like asking what would happen if a 40 kg women ate 800g of protein in one sitting, how much would absorb? Answer is the same, the question loses its significance and wouldnt be reasonable to even bother argueing.
If your goal is to build muscle, dont do over 20 rep sets. On any lift. It would just be an endurance training, not hypertrophy.
If your goal is something else but build muscle, the answer might be different.
>>
>>42686625
Abs are another muscle group, doing them as a part of your workout is the normal way to do it. A cruch/situp or something of the sort + static hold like planks will most likely suffice nicely.

>>42686446
Deadlifts might hinder your workout doing farmers walks for example doesnt really matter, you do what you can. Though if your routine plan is to do DLs on day 1 and then on the next day other back exercises, the routine needs some fixing.
>>
>>42686241
I've come across a few studies like so that show the impact isn't large: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3648753/

Are they unreliable studies? Also, is cholesterol the only risk? If so, I guess I could try it out and adjust depending on what it does to my cholesterol.
>>
Do lat pulldowns with strict form.

Go to a pullup bar, jump up to the top, so in the position like you just did a pullup, and slowly lower yourself to the bottom.

These two exercises will help you do your first pullup and chin up.
>>
>>42685381
Flex your body, become a stick.
>>
Can I do deadlifts the day after I run?

20mins of running max
>>
>>42686764
>>42686764
The one you linked is supported by an egg lobbyist, but that really isnt the point.
I believe the only thing that can be said is that there is no consensus among scientists.
Then again doctors do recommend to basically watch what you eat, and changing eating habits does lower cholesterol to a point.
Go to the pubmed page you linked, and click Author Information tab. See
>The symposium was chaired by Mitch Kanter and Penny Kris-Etherton. Guest Editor for this symposium publication was Donald K. Layman. Guest Editor disclosure: Donald K. Layman is Director of Research for the Egg Nutrition Center.

Egg nut cent is a pro egg thingy. I hold no personal views whether or not eggs are bad for you, I eat them myself but if my dad who happens to have slightly high cholesterol asked me if eating plenty of eggs a day is fine, I'd probably advice against it.
If youre interested in more research, check out uptodate.com, it's like the professional's wikipedia to drugs and medicine. It's not free, but an insider tip: get a proxy, and change your IP to come from NORWAY, and it's free and all accessible. The founder was norwegian lmao

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/management-of-elevated-low-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol-ldl-c-in-primary-prevention-of-cardiovascular-disease?source=search_result&search=cholesterol&selectedTitle=1~150#H2
>>
File: 1465809375914.gif (760KB, 2544x1850px) Image search: [Google]
1465809375914.gif
760KB, 2544x1850px
>>42684627
How much weight gain should I aim for per month to build a decent amount of mass but keep fat gain manageable? I work out 4-5 times a week.
>>
File: DHfPG0MVYAEf9b0.jpg (30KB, 524x504px) Image search: [Google]
DHfPG0MVYAEf9b0.jpg
30KB, 524x504px
Im used to lifting but not cardio

It burns when I breathe afterwards and feels like the air is dense, right at the base of my throat

Anyone else feel this? I'm built but not fit, is this just me being a fatass and it will go away with time?
>>
Hey guys, I'm doing GSPL since a month (two actually, but was cutting during the first month).

The main lifts are going up well, except for the DL... I squat 2pl8 since monday, but can barely DL 85Kg. I weight 73Kg and eat 2500cals erryday. To warm-up, I do 1x5 50kg then add 10kg until I reach 80kg, then add 5kg.

Should I eat more, change the way I warm-up or DL more often, like, switch the squats and DL in order to do DL twice a week instead of just once ? Thanks guys.
>>
>>42687284
lactic acid in ur mouth lul

just suck it up fatty, youll make it. Pain is gain.
>>
>>42687285
Your squats arent proper squats

If youre a beginner youre nowhere near doing 2plate for reps. Video yourself, compare to proper squats and see the difference.
>>
What is a respectable OHP amount to lift?
>>
File: 1431051014409.png (130KB, 334x309px) Image search: [Google]
1431051014409.png
130KB, 334x309px
>>42687316
THANK YOU S E N P A I

I WILL
>>
>>42687328
Hmm, maybe you're right, but I should precise that I started lifting a month ago, but before that I did a year of bodyweight (6days a week) and a year of boxing (2 days a week and some light weighlifting during the weekend). I mean, I'm not trying to justify myself, you may be right after all. I hope not :/.
>>
>>42687355
Easiest way to stop doubting and be sure of it is to simply video your squats. No one gives a shit if you do it at the gym, they all know youre just filming ur technique.
Around here in the nordics theyre called hockey squats for a reason. Hockey guys come to the gym, do quarter squats and think theyre tough shit. Less stress on the joints when the form is right and depth is hit, since less weight is being used.
>>
>>42687375
I don't really worry about people in the gym looking at me because I have a homegym. In the case that my squats aren't actually good, does it means my DL is normal ?
>>
>>42687422
It is what it is. Keep doing the programme as it tells you to do it. I havent personally tried that one ever, so cant say anything more on the subject, sorruy.
>>
>>42687446
Okay, thanks for the advice though !
>>
File: 20170830_102249.png (2MB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170830_102249.png
2MB, 1080x1440px
Bf% estimate? 5'11 down from 260 to 212.
>>
im feeling 80% better from my cold, should i wait till im hyaku pasento or should i start working out today?
>>
>>42687765
18-23% use the navy method it's good enough for your purposes
>>
>>42687765
hair%
>>
Exercises to prepare shoulders for OHP?

I heard face pulls are pretty good but i need more
>>
>>42684627
I want to hop on some test and I'm 20.

If I cruise would I be okay or do I just fuck my shit up from the start
>>
Really dumb question but where exactly am I supposed to feel deadlifts?

inb4 your soul/dick/butthole
>>
I'm confused. How do I swim for fitness? I want to give it a try but what am I supposed to do? Specific form or anything or just swim laps back and forth?
>>
>>42688045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTY1dj4HOG0
>>
>>42688174
god damn it anon
>>
>>42684627
I'm kind of fat and working on my own cardio routine to cut my weight down.

The problem is that I'm going through pants like a motherfucker. I work retail and we're required to wear pants on the job. I get sweaty in my gooch and the pants legs rub together in this disgusting sweat-stain mess eventually leading to extreme chafing of the material such that it leads to holes.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to save my pants? Baby powder? Some kind of antiperspirant (kinda want to avoid this since I don't want chemicals near my nuts)?
>>
Noodlearms McGee here. I woke up today after a long ass shift yesterday with my legs feeling feeble and achy. Is there anything I can do to bring them back up to speed?
>>
>>42684627
Train lats and lose fat for pullups. Train triceps and lose fat for dips.
>>
>tfw starting to fall for an old friend
>she lives on the other side of the fucking country
how to stop this before it's too late?

Also how do you count the weekly volume for the specific muscle groups? I know that for the quads you count all squats and all that, but what about deadlifts for example? They work quads, but not too much, since the knee flexion is little. Or pull ups for biceps. Do they count?
>>
Is it all going to waste if I eat 1 hour after finishing a workout?

I did squats around 11:30 today and finished my workout around 12:30 but didn't get the chance to eat until 1:30. Is this bad and is my window already closed?
>>
>>42688457
Isn't that window thing just pure broscience?
I read somewhere that it doesn't matter when you eat as long as you get enough protein at the end of the day
>>
>>42688200
Try wearing compression shorts or pants. The material won't retain sweat the way normal underwear does, and it will prevent your legs from chafing.
>>
trying to collect equipment to start my home gym.. what useful exercises use a decline bench? trying to decide between a bench that can go flat/incline/decline or just flat/incline
>>
>>42688541
That's probably a good idea. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1453265349307.jpg (164KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453265349307.jpg
164KB, 598x800px
any tips on how to build a weekly routine? I'm a skinny fat pro but my Pops says I got a lot of potential (broad shoulders and 6'0) I'm new to this? Any recommended readings beyond the sticky for lift?
>>
File: 1467305246761.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467305246761.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
>>42688695
Also english is not my first language thanks
>>
Forgive me, I have no pic.

Repeatedly on deadlifts I have enough energy in my back to go for multiple sets, but my legs (like the front area of my quads, right above the knee) are totally exhausted by the 3rd rep.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
File: meirl.png (626KB, 873x506px) Image search: [Google]
meirl.png
626KB, 873x506px
I am struggling with eating more calories than normal.
If I eat something remotely fatty (anything fried or something like pizza) I just shit it all out, basically I get almost nothing from that meal.
This is amazing in general as I don't need to do anything to get a low body fat% but if I want bulk or atleast make decent progress it sucks.

Is the only way to try help this just adding a bunch of sugar to my meals?
>>
I've been lifting for 6 months and my deadlift form is absolutely atrocious. My hips just go up while the weight is still on the ground and it turns into a SLDL. The weight doesn't matter, this happens even when I use the weight I can squat.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?
>>
What's a good pre-workout for a beginner?

The more natty the better, but I'd also like to not compromise effectiveness.
>>
>>42689033
coffee or caffeine tablets for bigger effect

preworkouts are caffeine plus sugar, don't fall for the jews
>>
>>42689051
I'm drinking an Espresso and eating a banana before workouts currently. Is that the best thing I can be doing?
>>
Are you supposed to breathe during stomach vacuums?
>>
>>42689108
I don't know about the best, but if it gets you going and you are focused during your workout then it's all that matters.
>>
>>42686228
>going over 5 reps on diddlies is quite useless and dangerous
stop giving advice retard
>>
>>42689181
If I were to try a pre-workout, do you know of one which would be safe and well-suited for beginners?
>>
What is this long-lasting cramp-like feeling? Usually when I get a cramp it goes away in minutes.

But when I attempt to do something that I am not strong enough to do I get this cramp that lasts for days. This happens most often in my lats and the muscles of the scapulas

What can I do for it to go away quicker?
>>
File: 1432591739170.jpg (46KB, 560x710px) Image search: [Google]
1432591739170.jpg
46KB, 560x710px
I went to the doctors today to speak to him about a coupe of things.

One was my lower back, he said that because I am 6 foot 3, a painful back is part and parcel of life. He told me that I should start strengthening my back by swimming and low impact excersizies.

I mentioned that I had recently started weightlifting and he told me , that because of my height, I should avoid heavy weights and do higher reps to build up my core.

What do you think of his advice? Since weightlifting i've been feeling better in general and my back hasn't gotten worse...

manlets need not apply
>>
>>42688457
eating windows are mostly broscience, just make sure you hit your calories and macros for the day
>>42688621
not many exercises, and you can always do dips instead of decline bench
>>42688695
candito has a nice beginner program
>>42688736
do you squat your deadlifts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
>>42688975
peanutbutter, milk, oats, rice more carbs in general. bananas are nice too
>>42689014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
>>
>>42689014
If I had to guess then you start with your hips too low and your body tries to correct that. Record yourself and watch that, stop the clip when the weight leaves the floor and note your position- it is probably your actual correct setup position. Maybe you have short arms and your back will be vertical in conventional deadlift no matter what you do? Or you have no tension in your core, does your back flex? Hard to guess man.

>>42689220
Idk man, I just drink coffee before my workout if I'm tired, that's like the least important thing for you. If you really want that then probably any will do, they're all very similar in their contents (you should nevertheless check them before buying).
>>
>>42689260
Your doctor is a faggot, seek out a sports physio with a masters degree that has experience with weightlifting.
>>42689221
you mean muscle soreness? If you really mean cramp eat more bananas
>>
>>42689220
they all contain the same substances, there's no 'beginner' pre workout or some bullshit. The caffeine gets you hyped, the citrulline malate gives you pumps. Beta alanine gives you tingles and makes you perform a little better at high volume. Most PWO's contain creatine too, but that doesn't do anything as a PWO. Your muscles need to get saturated with the creatine over a longer period of time, it helps with high intensity reps
>>
>>42689305
The weight leaves the floor when my back is nearly parallel to the ground, it's definitely not the correct starting position.
>>
I did bench on Sunday and my triceps feel torn/worn out to the extend that pushing doors open can feel painful. Is it best I rest for a couple weeks and let it recover properly? I only ask as this happens every time I've done bench over the last month and I only bench once a week
>>
>>42688003
lighter ohps, dummy
>>
>>42689366
Do you have a video? Blur your face or sth, it's hard to tell what's wrong without seeing it. But deadlifts can look different depending on your proportions, pic rel shows that.
>>
>>42689366
What I do is initially bend at the waist until I feel my hamstrings start to stretch, then I bend my knees until my shins are about at the bar.

Now, obviously, your form if you're 5'4 is going to look different than someone who is 6 foot and mostly legs. But the idea is to keep your spine neutral. As long as you are not rounding your back, you are not doing any damage.
>>
>>42689315
Wait I got it wrong. The correct term is strained muscle. Not a cramp. English isn't my first language. So the muscles that retract and depress the scapula are strained. What to do?
>>
>>42689432
I'll get a video next time I'm at the gym.

>>42689467
My back is fine, I don't feel any pain. Keeping it neutral isn't an issue. If I was trying to do an SLDL my form is fine. But I'm trying to do a normal DL...
>>
Why do i feel like i have to unlock one of my hips sometimes when deadlifting, shit is annoying. Like after a rep and the bar is on the ground, sometimes have to kind of unlock my right hip to get in a comfortable position again.
>>
>>42685286
You realize that girls aren't an ant colony right?
Every girl likes something different

But for the most part, just don't overdo it
>>
>>42689543
tight hip flexors. To fix it, do hip flexor stretches. I think Jeff Caveliere had some okay-tier hip flexor stretches, but you can also check youtube videos, google or a QTDDTOT thread in 4chan for suggestions.
>>
>>42689730
I want also to add, that an okay-tier hip flexor stretch will work for you since you aren't doing anything that requires extreme mobility like a front split
>>
I was cooking chicken breast yesterday and got popped with some grease on my arm
It kinda looks like a pimple now, but it doesn't itch or burn at all. It is annoying to look at though, how can I make it go away
>>
Does a cut have to impact linear progression?

For example, I've been eating at 3200 kcal and taking in plenty of protein, but I've noticed i'm still chubby.

I would like to correct this problem sooner rather than later. As my TDEE is ~3000 kcal, I've been eating at a 200 kcal surplus for a "lean bulk". Would eating at a 200 kcal deficit while maintaining protein intake at current levels (easily doable, I just need to lower the amount of rice I eat) have a major impact on linear progression?

t. lifting for 4 months
>>
>>42690157
yes
>>
How to choose a lifting program?
>>
File: weaklet.jpg (26KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
weaklet.jpg
26KB, 450x373px
As someone who just started lifting after losing a ton of weight is deadlifting 95 lbs and squating 70 lbs good or bad?
as in that if it's lower than expected and i'm a weaklet.
>>
>>42690286
what weight are you at right now and was it your very first day?

either way form is important so make sure you get that stuff correct
>>
>>42684627
1. can I workout my abs every day to build a thick, bulging core?

2. Would hanging leg raises, ab wheel and cable wood choppers be enough for the core? without counting minor stuff like OHP and other lifts that use the abs a bit
>>
>>42690307
Right now I weight 140 lbs, yes it was my first day.
>>
Best lifting app?
>>
Are kegels a meme?
>>
>>42690286>>42690381
Bro don't worry about this I started with the bar in all the lifts however by sticking to it and bulking and cutting as needed 2 years down the line and now I ohp 180 bench 280 squat 415 and dl 430 at 183 lbs.

It's all about consistency in gym eating sleeping programming etc... best of luck
>>
File: 1501091640195.jpg (47KB, 596x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501091640195.jpg
47KB, 596x960px
What if you're hitting your protein count while also eating at a caloric deficit and eating clean? Do fats and carbs hinder weight loss if not taken account of?
>>
File: sweating.gif (954KB, 680x643px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
954KB, 680x643px
I-is it normal for your hands to shake like you have parkinsons when you're bench pressing? I tried everything from reducing the weight and holding the bar tighter but it doesn't seem to go away
>>
Don't normally lurk here but got a fitness test coming up as part of an interview and I need to be able to push and pull 34kg on a dyno machine, whatever that is.

I weigh 55kg and can comfortably do those pushups where you clap in between, and I can do like 10 pull ups (i do a lot of rock climbing). I only do bodyweight stuff like this, so I have no idea how much pulling and pushing 34 actually is on this dyno machine.

How hard is it?
>>
>>42685171
Yes. And Water. And tea. And you should. A lot.
>>
>>42685418
Yes.
>>
>>42684904
How to work on touching chest with the bar?
It doesn't feel very natural to me, because I am not used to that full-rom I guess. Anything I should do to assist me so I dont look like a pleb trapped under the bar?
>>
>>42684627
Possible to get swole on Smith machine?

Every other gym I've been to had olympic platforms, or at least just a bench I could steal the barbell from for a few sets.

I'm coming back after a 2 year break, and my apartment gym is decked out with everything except a rack or bench.
>>
I started Stronglifts 5x5 about 6 weeks ago and I've been seeing good progression in every lift, as well as general muscle definition creeping in slowly

But every time I come to /fit/ I see people bullying the fugg out of Stronglifts and Starting Strength

Should I be doing a different routine? Is stronglifts a shit? pls respond
>>
>>42691092
SL is SS without the autism. Generally once your noob gains start wearing off and you fail to make progress 2/3 times in a row you should go to an intermediate program.
>>
>>42690758
respond pld
>>
>>42690367
>>42690367
>>42690367
>>42690367
bump
>>
>>42684627
Does low bf% make you really vascular? I checked my blood pressure and my heart is ok. But I can see veins so many places, a lot more than usual. Especially where I'm not tan. The only place where I'm not really veiny is in my core (chest, stomach).
>>
>>42690758
>What if you're hitting your protein count while also eating at a caloric deficit and eating clean? Do fats and carbs hinder weight loss if not taken account of?

No, you are fine. Hit your protein, and then stay under cals. You NEED fat in your diet and you NEED carbs.

Just choose good fats like avacados, fish oil, etc, and good carbs like fruit.
>>
>>42691092
I started SL too. Don't worry, people are just talking out of their asses.

Stick with the info laid out in the sticky and don't program-hop. That's a surefire way to hinder your growth.
>>
>>42691223
Ah, so as long as you hit your protein, stay at a constant deficit, and eat clean, I don't have to worry about meeting my carb or fat needs on the dot?
>>
>>42684755
If you're consistently tired, and your lifts measurably go down, you're overtraining. The reason why people are so scared of it is that you can't really tell when it's going to happen, one when it is already happening.
That being said, if you haven't been consistently lifting for strength for a few years your work tolerance is too low to allow for overtraining.
>>
are ab wheels considered a crunch type exercise?
>>
>>42691275
Uh, I mean *you not *I, this is for a friend not me, I swear.
>>
File: stamina.jpg (24KB, 415x372px) Image search: [Google]
stamina.jpg
24KB, 415x372px
Trying to get /fit/ here.

I know gaining muscle will make me look better but my concern is cardio. I am 21 and just started c25k trying to get my heart to a healthy level so I can feel better and not have issues later on.

I've been measuring myself against the army standard 8 minute mile and thought running at that pace or better would mean I'd be in decent enough shape to consider myself healthy.

Am i correct to assume that? I know you guys love the gains but fitness I feel that fitness is not soley about that, but I'm a noob so feel free to correct me.
>>
>>42691092
That's because 90% of /fit/ doesn't lift, and 90% of those that do are curlbros.
SL and SS are the best choice for beginners who want to get strong, but if you do it right (i.e. eating a lot) you'll get a bit chubby. Retarded curlbros think you get fat because of the lifts, not because of the food.

>>42691160
You are retarded, stop posting.
>>
how do i know if a girl is just being friendly or flirting, im new at this restaurant and she keeps grabbing my arm and touching my hands making sure i dont "spill anything" even though i literally fucking copying her. im tired and overthinking someone gib help
>>
>>42691275
If you are just starting, then just stay under calories.

Really it just depends on your BF. If your BF% is super high, then just do anything and the lbs will melt off.

Just worry about macros like protein, carbs, and fats once you are trying to lose the last 20 lbs
>>
>>42691439
say "Are you trying to hold my hand?" and smile.

Honestly, if you are posting about it on the internet, the opportunity has already passed. Sorry, you're dying alone.
>>
>>42691414
would you recommend i count calories and cut to lose my (pretty large amount of) fat at the beginning of my journey to becoming /fit/ or just eat like a demon now and cut in a few months time?
>>
>>42691450
It's 1am you fucking moron, you will die alone if you genuinely think pestering people at 1 is a good idea
>>
File: body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg (24KB, 610x202px) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg
24KB, 610x202px
>>42691460
How fat are we talking?
>>
How are these stats for 1.5 months of lifting every other day doing SS?
5'10"
129 lbs
Squat: 235x5x3
Bench: 100x5x3
OHP: 55x5x3
Deadlift: 215x5x1
Power Clean: 65x5x3
>>
File: chubby.png (385KB, 317x841px) Image search: [Google]
chubby.png
385KB, 317x841px
>>42691478
>>
>>42691490
I'm not
>>42691460
>>42691478

but I'd recommend a cut first. Do SL and eat like a normal human. Add some HIIT and you'll be a beast
>>
>>42691092
The popular programs now are GZCLP and 5/3/1 for beginners. Honestly in the long term I doubt it makes a large difference.
>>
>>42691512
how many calories should i be eating then? below my TDEE by a couple hundred?

will be eating a shit ton of chicken breast as i've just bought 5kg of it
>>
Why do kegel threads always die quickly on /fit/?

And on that note, how do I know when I'm doing my kegels properly? I'm struggling to tell if I'm exercising the right muscle(s) and if I'm doing it in an effective way.
>>
>>42691490
That's not too bad, it's your choice ultimately, both ways are viable. I was about as fat when I started SS, ate ~4k calories a day for six months or so. The cut after was awful, but I managed to get through it.
You can run SS at a deficit too, but you'll make less gains. CNS will improve just the same, but for obvious reasons you'll pack on less actual muscle.

>>42691512
>SL
please stop
>eat like a normal human
Not enough to make good gains, but also too much to lose fat

You're probably right about the cut though

>>42691540
500 under is standard, you can go up to 700 after a few weeks if 500 wasn't too hard on you. Don't take it too low though.
Definitely eat lots of protein, carb/fat split doesn't matter too much, as long as your carbs are mainly complex, without much simple sugars. Also sleep a fucking lot, it's crucial when cutting, even more than it is when bulking.
>>
I'm a newbie lifter. Currently on a cut before I do any serious lifting. I've been doing a PPLPPLx program just to get myself in the gym and active every day. I've been stalling in most of my lifts but I'm cutting hard so it's expected.

My question is, when my cut is done, should I switch to SS or Stronglifts? Or continue doing the program I've been doing? It's been about a month now.
>>
>>42691479
how much were you lifting when you started, and how much did you weigh
also, just to be sure, you're not a gril, right?
>>
>>42691609
SS
>written by a guy that has 30 years experience training novices
>was a competitive powerlifter
>is now 65 or so, has had loads of surgeries, and still lifts heavy

SL
>"""belgian""" salesman/conman named mehdi
>got rekt at arm wrestling against literal dyel roaches, while he had already been lifting for years
>has a fancy app
>lifts literal babyweight

memes aside:
SL has you start with the empty bar, which means you waste a lot of time making minimal gains in the beginning. also, when you do start making gains, your work capacity is still low as fuck, and 5x5 is too much volume for an early novice, you'll stall quickly.
>>
>>42685081
This. Encorporate bw exercises with what you got. Change up movements to make things more challenging for certain areas. Example diamond push ups. Consider buying weights from a sports store or Walmart. Really try and think of what you might minimally need. and nothing more.
>>
>>42691706
sooooooo... SS better than SL in every way?
>>
>>42691755
Pretty much.
The only reasons why people do SL are
>got memed by the conman
>is scared of GOMAD (which should only be done by skellies anyway)

Remember to read the SS book, if you're a cheap bastard there's pdfs all over the internet.
>>
>>42690367
Yes.. but there are better routes. You want to not hit them everyday so you can hit them harder on those ab days. Otherwise it's like you are focusing on a conditioning rather than building size.

2. Essentially yes. You also have variants of leg raises including knee raises and levers. Ab wheels are great for engaging more than just your abs. Not a bad investment but you don't necessarily need this equipment. The most important thing you have is a pull up bar. Choppers are great. It's all about how you do the exercises you are doing.

Go for full reps. On the eccentric movements go slow. This will help maximize your strength and you'll def feel a full good pump. Rest however long you need to in order to complete all exercises. And breathe proper.
I'd look at it like this:
Leg raises 3x6-8
Side to side knee raises 3x6-8
Leg raises 2xmax reps
Choppers 3-5x6-8
Ab wheel, if applicable.

2-4 days off abs and back at it or something like this.

Days you do other things can and should hit the abs too.

However you need days where you directly hit the abs, hard. Counting calories can help too. Start adding in a couple or few hundred each day, it will make a big difference in months time. Cheap shit like oats is easy to swallow and cheap af.
>>
I want functional strength and aesthetics what do
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
2MB, 300x168px
Is it okay to lift wights and do body weight excersies on rest days
I only have access to a gym 4 times a week
>>
File: TEzDW.jpg (256KB, 1280x748px) Image search: [Google]
TEzDW.jpg
256KB, 1280x748px
>>42691888
>>
>>42691629
I'm not a grill, I was just Auschwitz mode from not doing any exercise for my entire life (not exaggerated, lifting was the first time anything but my legs got exercise.) When I started I couldn't OHP or bench the bar, and I started squats at like 65 lbs. I weighed like 123 lbs, only just started actively counting calories to try and bulk.
>>
>>42691207
Yes. Lower bf% means you are more vascular.
I have veins everywhere including my obliques. On my chest you can see flat veins. On my head my veins can also be seen. I'm starting to get them to pop out in my upper biceps as my size increases. I'm 9%. In a regular shirt I can kinda fit in. But my arms are jacked plus low bf% means more definition and separation shown. Add thick veins and my arms stand out that much more. Just sharing a bit of me for your thoughts on this. Veins means you are that ripped veiny guy to people.
>>
>>42691916
Gracias amigo, wold throwing in some calisthenics for mobilty fuck anything up? Or am i just paranoid
>>
>>42691337
Somewhat. Kind of like a hanging leg raise. The body position is different from these other exercises than on an ab wheel. You're prone with your ass up engaging more of your shoulders chest and arms. Also your other body areas are engaged differently to help support the movement. What's important is how you use the ab wheel.
>>
>>42691926
Yeah, that's decent progress. Start eating a fucking lot (4k + ), or you'll stall soon
>>
>>42691407
Do strength exercises before you go running. Even if running is your main thing do strength exercises before running or on strength specific days. Running is not enough to properly increase athletic performance overall. With strength gains should come more injury prevention as well as retaining proper muscular balance. This will only help your running.

And eat like a motherfucker. Highly suggest counting calories.
>>
>>42691439
She enjoys your presence. She may do this with a lot of other guys though. Don't feel special. But you know she knows you allow her doing this to you. Just don't show that anything she does gets in your head. Or you risk being friend zoned instead of you friend zoning her know what I mean? I'm thinking long term here bro. I got drama with a fwb from work as we speak. It may or may not show she wants your dick. But it's definitely dancing in the flirt-zone. I wouldn't be surprised if she brushes past you too or sorta lean on you when she's next to you. Accept these things with humbleness. It shows her maturity and security.
>>
>>42691559
>>42691559
A few answers get to the point. Most replies are joking and whatnot. General unpopular topic.

Do them when you really gotta pee. Hold your pee in til you really gotta go. Stand over the toilet for a minute flexing holding it in.
>>
>>42689014
I'd say the problem is you're focusing on pulling the bar up and nothing else. You have to drive your feet into the ground; you're supposed to be pushing with your legs as you're lifting the bar up
>>
How to train for arm growth? I have been doing curls around the 8 rep range. 3 sets. Should I go lighter and do more reps and more sets?
>>
>>42690698
they are very important for women, and good for men. flex 70%ish not full on all the time.
>>
stronglifts recommends only doing 2x8 for curls as an accessory after doing squats/OHP/deads, is this enough or should I be doing more?
>>
somedays I dont feel like eating any kind of meat or simply dont have it in the fridge/freezer and I want some high protein source with low kcals so I go for this unflavoured/natural whey I have

what can I do with it other than a shake and that doesnt taste like shit?
adding it to oatmeal seems like it'd make it taste a bit off but im gonna try

what else?
>>
have any of you guys take glutamine?
im thinking of buy one

i read an article about it and it says is good to gain muscle mass
>>
what is a good smartphone app that combines excersise and food log. im looking for one that isnt too flashy and does not slow down too much my already shitty smarthpone
>>
>>42691559
>get naked
>get boner
>take middle finger, either hand
>place on taint, spot between balls and anus
>flex your boner, make it jump up and down
>thats your PC muscle
>>
>>42692090
I'm pushing with my legs, that's why my hips fly up...I don't know man...
>>
So I have been skelly my entire life, and through some trial and error, I have found my TDEE to be roughly 2500 to 2700.

Does that make any sense? I'm 5"9 137lb.
>>
>>42692288
do curls, lateral raises, and face pulls (or rear delt raises) for 3x10-12

do them every single training session
>>
>>42692440
that is too much for your height/weight i think

im 5 11 and when i was 166 my tdee was 2700 now with 186 its 2900
>>
>>42692462

So I'm either counting wrong or my metabolism is incredibly high?

I don't think I'm counting wrong though, is there some sort of health issue at hand
>>
>>42692440
Not possible, i'm 5'10'' 165 lb and i bulk with 2700-2900
>>
>>42692500

Okay that's weird.. I ate at 2.6-2.7k for around 2 weeks and nothing changed in terms of weight..

I'm sick aren't I?
>>
>>42692480
>metabolism is incredibly high?
maybe this

what website are you using?
>>
>>42692576

Uh the one that is sticked in the front page.

I mean before working out, I was 125lb and I bulked to 137lb with 2.7k calorie, but now I seem to have stop gaining any weight.

Also prior to working out I have always ate crap like fast food but I seemed to always stay skelly..
>>
>>42689260
>because I am 6 foot 3, a painful back is part and parcel of life
btfo lanklet
>>
>>42692645
well im on 4500 cals a day and gained 14 lbs in 1 month

went from 166 to 180
>>
>>42685208
i really recommend stationary bike with high intensity. It gets your quads huge waaay faster then squats would if you a noobie starting out.
>>
>>42692671

Hmm so is my high TDEE justified? I'm kinda disturbed because it doesn't make sense for me to have such high metabolism
>>
>>42691926
Same guy here, at my weight and height what would my TDEE be? My scale says it's 2800 but this online calculator I just used says 2400. I want to bulk so I've been eating 3k every day, but I don't want to get overly fat.
>>
>>42692721
well yeah, time to bulk
with 1000 cals surplus you will be alright
>>
Just ran my first 5k whoop whoop.

Who let the dogs out?

WHO
WHO
WHO
WHO
>>
Should calorie intake goals be looked at from a cumulative point of view? I'm on a cut and my daily goal is 2000 cal, but on weekends I drink a lot so probably average 3000 to 3500 on Friday and Saturday. Will it hurt my gains to cut the rest of my week to 1700 calories (keeping protein around 1g/lb)? Including cheat days, that would average to about 2000 cal/day for the week.
>>
>>42693059
nice question
>>
How many weeks do people usually spend cutting in one "cycle"? I've never done it properly before and I have no idea what to expect. I'm around 160 lbs 5'10" but my bf is 20%+ at least. I've lifted for a bit and I know I don't have many muscles to show off. I prefer to get my bf % down to a reasonable amount first, then clean bulk. However, I have no idea how long it should take to even decrease bf % by 1. I know it must vary wildly from case to case, but what order of magnitude are we talking? 1% per month? Per 3 months? More?

I'm currently eating at a calorie deficit trying to keep my protein intake around 1g per lb.
>>
>>42693094
Also, my macro percentages are around 25/40/35 for fat/carb/protein if it matters.
>>
>>42693091
do you have an answer? The greatest minds of our generation have been trying to answer this question since 2000
>>
>>42684627
Resistance bands save my pull up life when I first started lifting. I'd highly recommend, you can use them for a bunch of other shit too.
>>
>>42693094
tf you talking about "clean bulk"

are you on steroids?

if not, then clean bulk doesn't exist

if you're already fat, just build muscle then cut once you've gained a reasonable amount of muscle

no sense weighing 135/140 pounds then getting fat again while you try to "clean bulk"
>>
>>42693141
It's because I'm in skinnyfat hell and I've bulked before only to get more skinnyfat. My lifts improved a bit (not to any amount to impress anyone here), and I wanted to lose some fat. I don't think it's necessary to go above 20% bf even when bulking when people generally cut down to 15ish%, unless it's actually very fast to add or subtract a bf %. I don't have any sense of timing on this. I just want to stop looking gross.
>>
>>42684987
planet fitness is cool as their memberships are dirt cheap

but shit dude, it's hard AF to lift heavy there, mine doesn't have a squat rack, any place to deadlift, they don't even have barbells, only the bent ones with the fixed weight...

best they have is smith machines...
>>
Yo what's the name of the really skinny guy with the shitty chest tattoo that calls himself a fitness model on Facebook? Trying to show a buddy of mine him, but don't remember his name.
>>
>>42689571
this is solid mature adult advice from someone who's not a virgin

>seriously not even joking
>>
>>42693179
Bryan Silva?
>>
>>42691948
dude do you really think weighted dips are good for starting off?

give your head a shake...
>>
>>42693189
Holy shit, bro, that's it! Thanks a million, man
>>
File: wojaki.gif (5KB, 365x378px) Image search: [Google]
wojaki.gif
5KB, 365x378px
>>42692055
>tfw she kept brushing past me.
>tfw she didnt do it to anyone else from what i saw

i cant do this
>>
File: jonah-hill-gym-style[1].jpg (295KB, 2186x1229px) Image search: [Google]
jonah-hill-gym-style[1].jpg
295KB, 2186x1229px
>>42693157
>I just want to stop looking gross.

lift weights and don't eat fast food or garbage

you want to look like jonah hill?

because that's what the fuck happens when you don't have any muscle and just drop bodyfat without muscle

also, don't listen to advice from people on steroids...at all...they've literally changed their body's endocrine system

unless you've done the same the same shit won't work

if you're already lifting then get yourself a short hard quick dorian yates style workout and once you can hit 8 reps move the weight up, I'd even say 6 reps...

but fuck dude, skinny fat needs to stay chunky as they get some structure to their physique, not hollow it out and be left with a gunt and bones
>>
>>42693236
How am I supposed to tell when I've lifted enough to be able to cut? My lifts are currently 2.5/2/1/0.5 which is not impressive by any standard, but it doesn't feel like nothing. It took a while for me to get here starting from literally nothing (not being able to squat the bar).
>>
>>42693236
What would happen if he ate at maintenance level? I don't know a whole lot, but it seems like that could be beneficial to him.
>>
>>42693291
>How am I supposed to tell when I've lifted enough to be able to cut?

you'll actually look muscular in the mirror
>>
>>42693236
jonah hill has a shitty body but I'm 'mirin that beard.
>>
feeling like shit and down, used to have anxiety problems aka panic attacks and had a whole year of feeling like detached, cloudy mind and just this weird feeling and the sedoxil/benzos meds didnt work at all but lifting and a healthy diet helped

would it be a bad idea to smoke weed like once in a while with the bros?
>>
>>42693389
bro, why the fuck are either of you listening to wtf steroid users say

this nigga >>42693291 is probably under 25 years old

eat a normal healthy diet and supplement it with a quality protein shake if you have the means, if not, throw a frozen banana half and some peanut butter in a blender with bulk barrel whey protein

your body will tell you if you need to eat more, if you're hungry eat more, if you're thirsty drink more water

all the bullshit about needing X amount of protein per X amount of body weight and shit is just that....shit if you aren't on roids

think about it, not to get too philosophical and stupid here, but everything your body needs was put on the earth, so unless you change your body with hormones/steroids you're not going to need a boatload of supplements

sleep, your diet and actually putting in the work are what matters

worrying about stupid shit when you're starting out is filling your head with nonsense and things to feel downy about, just eat healthy and lift

cheat days are another bullshit thing roiders use, because they can afford to

soda, any sugary drinks, fast food, processed foods, you have be to strict and not eat it

I watched an NFL lineman sustain 330-310 pounds with nothing but a healthy diet for 8 years, mind you he had the money to eat out at healthy places that served fresh food and the team had breakfast lunch and dinner on deck for him, but he wasn't eating 2 grams of protein for 330 pounds or anything near it

just lift weights, and worry about eating healthy, your body doesn't just need protein, it needs vitamins, minerals and shit

think of your digestive system, that takes all that stuff into your body, will it process fresh cooked at home chicken better than mcdonalds processed glued together with god knows what chicken?? fucking right it will, put your effort towards that

eating right, sleep and actually doing the work
>>
>>42693420
>would it be a bad idea to smoke weed like once in a while with the bros?

depends, can your handle it mentally?

ripping bongs for 5 hours straight probably won't help much, but a join every now and again won't hurt
>>
>>42693486
Why are you so concerned with steroids? Nothing either of us has said has anything to do with steroids. My advice to the guy looking for advice is to not listen to this idiot.
>>
>>42693547
>Why are you so concerned with steroids?
>Nothing either of us has said has anything to do with steroids.

then where do you two clowns get your advice from?

huh?
>>
Sometimes when working out I can feel a strong pulse in my stomach. Internet says aneurysm. Am I going to die?
Former fatty 275 at 6'2, down to 170lb.
>>
>>42693591
because the way you are talking you sound like complete noobs who listen to people like Kali Muscle
>>
I'm a skinnyfat beginner looking to get really lean (<12% bf), am I on the right track?

I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio every day with resistance training every other day. Also eating around 1300-1700 calories daily. So far been shedding the pounds at a reasonable pace but will doing this make me look good and not a freakish mutant like >>42693236?
>>
>>42693591
First of all, I only asked a question. Had nothing to do with advice I was given. Second of all, the conversation has to do with whether he should bulk or cut or, my quandary, whether he should eat at maintenance. None of that has anything to do with steroids. It's not only steroid users who bulk, cut, or eat at maintenance.

>>42693599
>you sound like complete noobs
You just told him not to worry about protein. That's absolutely retarded advice.
>>
>>42693164
its dirt cheap because it sucks ass, no fucking barbells? thats not a gym
>>
>>42692300
Bulk stew with whey? Could freeze and then that as needed. Spices of the stew could mask the taste and the whey would replace flour as thickening agent (ideally).
>>
is it healthy to masturbate almost every day?
and sometimes more than once a day?
>>
>>42693649
that's right

>>42693636
told him not to worry about protein supplements

there's a difference that you can't seem to understand because you're the retard

>It's not only steroid users who bulk, cut, or eat at maintenance.

nigga, if you are going to fucking yoyo around cutting and gaining 15 pounds wtf is the point lol

bodybuilding?

shut the fuck up chump

both of you listen to too many roiders talk about bodybuilding

the nigga is 160 something pounds and skinny fat

worrying about shit steroid using bodybuilders worry about

nigga get some actual muscle first, get a diet together
>>
I have a BJJ competition in a month, I'm 171 right now; I need to weigh 168 with the GI on. Anyone with grappling or wrestling background be able to give me some insight into how much I should try and lose from dieting and then how much I could water cut? The gi is ~5 lbs
>>
Well since people are fighting over my situation, I should give a few more details.

I'm the skinny fat 160 lb guy. I've been lifting on and off for years. I took up the Starting Squats meme so my legs are thicc but my arms are toothpicks. I'm not looking to get shredded. Honestly, I just want some definition on my stomach and ass. My butt is looking pretty good right now, but my stomach is just an ugly gut.

That's why I was thinking about cutting, to try to trim that down. Again, I'm not looking to become some huge muscular guy. I just want to be fit enough [spoiler]to date a more muscular guy[/spoiler].

I don't drink soda/eat fast food/etc. I don't know why people assume that's the only way to get skinnyfat. The rest of my body looks decent by my standards, but my love handles/stomach are awful.

I'm not sure how that would affect anyone's advice to me, but thanks for trying to help. I'm still not sure if I should be eating more or less.
>>
>>42693769
it's a month away, weigh yourself before and after regular training tomorrow and go from there

you should be able to lose around 5 pounds on a normal training day if you're there for 2-4 hours

weigh the gi just to make sure, like yourself with and without it on

but you should be fine though cutting just water

how much time do you have to get hydrated again though?
>>
>>42693752
>nigga
We're done here.
>>
>>42693811
you're a woman?

just lift heavy weights
>>
>>42693867
No, I said I don't want to become a huge muscular guy, so I'm also a guy. I'm just gay, so having a six-pack is necessary. I've never had one before, and for once I'd just like to have a flatter stomach. The rest of my body is good enough for now.
>>
File: wew.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>42693841
wew
e
w
>>
>>42693839
Weigh ins occur before the fight, I think 45 minutes prior to the division starting so not long. My plan as of now is to do a ~1lb a week cut and get down to 166,165 and not drink as much water the day before and the weight loss overnight will hopefully put me down to 163.5-4 and then I'll be able to make weight.

Deadline to register is in 15 days so I'm gonna moniter what I'm at and if its not reasonable then I'll just compete up a weight class in this competition and lose the weight naturally for the next one.
>>
>>42684817
Everybody on here will say you need to touch your chest, and everyone I know who works out will say that too; but after tearing my ac joint my physiotherapist told me that bringing the bar down so far that your arms go below parallel with your body is one of the easiest ways to damage your shoulder as it puts a tremendous amount of stress on the ac joint.
I know it's anecdotal but since tearing my ac joint I can't bench past parallel without pain in my shoulder, and I've made more gains half repping than I did going the full way down with no injury.
That's just my 2c though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170830-225728.png (55KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170830-225728.png
55KB, 1080x1920px
Does this look right? Powerlifting 3 times a week also rugby twice a week plus a game every other weekend.
>>
File: wrist-strap-with-loop.jpg (14KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
wrist-strap-with-loop.jpg
14KB, 300x240px
Can someone give me a quick rundown on wrist straps for deadlifts? I've been thinking about using them since it always feels as though my grip is giving out before my muscles. Surely they don't completely negate any grip strength gains, do they?
>>
>>42694029
They are a meme don't fall for it. Invest in chalk, if your gym doesn't allow it get liquid chalk
>>
File: realization.gif (2MB, 410x311px) Image search: [Google]
realization.gif
2MB, 410x311px
>knee pain
is it finally happening?
>>
>>42693881
well do you want to be a twink? you won't become a huge muscle guy if you lift weights, it takes a lot of effort and time to get big....also more muscle=higher metabolism more metabolism = more fat burn

>>42693912
I'd get down the to 166/165 now and be at "fighting" weight instead of possibly having to dehydrate on the day

although with BJJ I would imagine since you are competing you wouldn't be a fatty who can drop 5 pounds in a week on a treadmill

is there nobody at your gym to help you with this?

I've only ever cut to mouth off my ex wife while I was boxing and doing BJJ I have never had to compete, my buddy at the gym did and he cut weight around a month or 3-4 weeks before the fight and just stay at that weight until the fight then when he didn't have a fight not really worry about weight

I'd lose water weight every time I trained 4-8 pounds, normally around 5-6 but you're going to need all that water for the tournament so...

Ask someone at your gym with experience having to be physically functional instead of just stepping on a scale so you can mouth off your fat ex wife...

>>42693986
does it feel right? does your body feel good?
>>
>>42694048
A meme in what way? My brother got them for me as a gift, but I wont use them if they'll only hinder me. On the other hand I'd feel like an asshole getting chalk all over the floor and bar. Never seen anyone else use it at my gym.
>>
>>42694082
Don't have that mindset. Dont let others take away from your progress because you are worried about how they will see you. But you can just get liquid chalk it's not messy like regular chalk
>>
>>42694078
Haven't started yet. I have never counted macros before trying to see if this is the right amount for me
>>
I work in a kitchen for very prolonged periods, and due to that my knees are shit. Is it okay to do squats and deadlift on the smith machine, or is that limiting my gains?
>>
>>42693841
Nigger.
>>
>>42692288
That'd be enough to prevent atrophy but not much else. I'd recommend a 5x15 for the 'ceps, something with high volume. That's what arms respond best to
>>
>>42692500
Is possible, same height but I'm 10lbs heavier and I was losing weight at 2800. There's a lot of variables bb
>>
>>42692536
You're fine amigo, just keep doing what you're doing. If you're not gaining weight at 2.7k, up the calories by 2 hunnid and see how that goes
>>
>>42693595
Is it your heartbeat? It's probably your heart beat. I have the same thing and I noticed it at least 2 years ago. Went to the doctor's, it's colon cancer. Just kidding mate it's most likely nothing, I haven't had any issues with it but I've never gotten it checked out because it's never been a problem
>>
I'm 5ft7in and weigh about 215 pounds, where should I start if I can barely do 10 pushups properly? Already read the sticky and plan on cutting out any junk food but what routine to start with really confuses me.
>>
>>42692160

Any help ;_;
>>
>>42694082
It varies from person to person. If you're lifting really heavy (maybe power shrugs or rows) or doing some heavy oly lifts, they'd be pretty useful. I'd suggest just training grip more, but that's your decision. Chalk is easy and clean if you're not stupid, rub it on your hands with your hand inside the container of chalk so it doesn't fly out everywhere and just wipe the bar down when you're done. Chalk was a great investment for me, 10/10 would recommend
>>
>>42692160
I've been hovering around 16 inches for a few months now, so maybe take my advice with a grain of salt. I've recently been doing up to about 200 curls a day (typically one set of 50 or 100, then try to finish off with as few sets as possible) and I've noticed slight growth in the last 3 weeks, but mostly the muscle feels much more full and thicker. The concept is called nucleus overload, you can look into it if you want
>>
>>42694214
If your knees are "bad" it's probably a good idea to actually strengthen them.
Of course since you're already experiencing some knee issues, it may not be the best idea to start out with exercises that place a ton of stress on the knee joint, although you do want SOME stress in order for the training to work. Doing squats and deadlifts on the Smith machine will NOT reduce stress on your knees. There are very few cases where that's recommended. As a rule start out doing the exercises properly.
If squats hurt your knees, modify your form to keeping your shins more vertical. This will shift stress from knees to hips. If this is difficult, you can try trapbar deadlifts or even Romanian deadlifts and perhaps lunges with a vertical shin, if your knees are being drama queens. You should be able to do these painfree if you start out with a reasonable weight.
As your knees become used to handling some load, it's time to reintroduce some of the more knee intensive exercises that you MAY have found hurt you a little at first.
>>
Is it a good idea to do pushups/chinups alternating on rest days?
I'm doing GSLP and I was thinking I would do push ups after bench days so I don't need with OHP the next day, and chin up after OHP days so I don't mess with bench
>>
>>42694416
It matters less how many sets and reps you're doing if you're screwing up the most fundamental principles. In order for your arms - or ANY muscle for that matter - to grow, you must apply the principle of progressive overload. That means you must strive to increase your performance over time.
You can do this by either working up to handling a heavier weight while doing just as many reps, or do more reps with the same weight, or take less rest between sets while still doing as many reps and sets, or squeezing harder, or increasing the tempo of the lift, or even by adding more sets although obviously you can't keep doing this.

Always strive to accomplish something harder than last time. For a smaller muscle groups this will not always be possible on a session to session basis, but at least over time this should happen. In other words, if you look back 2 weeks and you're still doing the same weight for the same reps then THAT is why your arms haven't grown.

And of course you need proper nutrition.
>>
>>42694463

Right now I curl 20kg barbells for 12 rep, usually 3 sets. Do I increase the rep to 15 or do more sets? Or curl 22.5?
>>
File: IMG_1817.jpg (1018KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1817.jpg
1018KB, 3264x2448px
This shirt is too tight, right? I know I'm still a skeleton by fit standards but it's so damn hard to find a shirt that decently fits and this is the closest I've come. Just wanted other opinions
>>
>>42694495
Forgot the phone flipped them again damn it
>>
>>42694483
It doesn't matter. Although over time you must focus on increasing the weight.
Still if all you accomplish is going from 12,12,12x20 to 12,12,13x20 then you've made progress. These little victories add up over time.
Don't try to make too large jumps from one session to the next. But if you can manage 3x14x20kg then that's great.
>>
>>42694520

Gotcha senpai. Is it okay if I do curls and triceps pulldown every session. I workout 3 times a week.
>>
>>42694495
No anon, it looks good on you. Girls are amazing at sniffing out insecurity, and baggy clothes smells as strongly of insecurity as a steaming pile of horseshit. That is a good fit for you, I think you could even go a tad tighter.
>>
>>42694435
Thanks brother, I appreciate it.
>>
Why does squatting 80kg still feel heavy as shit even though I'm now doing 100 for reps.Same for deadlifts. I can do 150x5 but anything above 110 feels like shit. I don't feel any stronger. I just have some confidence from the knowledge that I lifted slightly less to make me even attempt weights.
>>
File: me.jpg (114KB, 473x657px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
114KB, 473x657px
>>42684627
What is the name of that cheesy B movie where the natural bodybuilder has a geeky friend that uses his stereotypical computer geek skills to discover the secret to better natural bodybuilding so that the main character can win a competition? I think there were parts where they fought bad guys. There was a scene where a hyper aggressive muscle woman shoves a skinny guy off of a weight machine so that she could use it.
>>
I'm 6'2" 180lbs currently bulking on 3500 kcals
Been eating 3000 for months before but my weight didn't go up a single pound
All the online calculators say my maintenance should be about 2200-2300
Do I have a fucking tapeworm or something?
>>
>>42686685
Sorry for the lateness of the reply, but thanks for answering.

Another question on the same topic if anyone can answer: if endurance training builds no real muscle, why do cyclist have big legs?
>>
>>42694495
looks fine dude
>>
One dumbbell is enough for arms, right? I'd rather buy two different weights than two of the same if I can just switch arms after a set.
>>
>>42694994
lmfao skelly stats

Depends how often you workout and if you don't go up on 3500 then you might have one lmao
>>
good exercises for ab isolation?
>>
>>42695460
Yes
As long as you can up the weight.
Also you can use calisthenics and self resistance to work your arms as well
>>
>>42695488
Thanks.
>>
How can I spend less time at the gym if I'm doing SS on a cut? If I reduce my rests I'll fail more often. Should I just fail and take the deload?
>>
I think I need a reality check. I've been eating around 1700 cals for a couple of months now and while I can see some aesthetic gains my strength stagnated. I can only bench press 80kg and it's really eating at me.
Should I start bulking?
>>
How fast should you progress your lifts? I've been stuck with the same numbers for some time.
>>
>>42695523
You're going to lose strength while cutting for months, there's no way around it.

Just remember that cutting is harder than bulking. You're doing great. Best aesthetics is to cut to 10% Bodyfat, bulk to 15%, and repeat.
>>
>>42695550
There's a few reasons your lifts could be stalling

1. Not eating and sleeping enough, not enough protein.
2. Take a five day break. Let your muscles recover more fully.
3. Try a different program. If you have combined lifts of over 1000 pounds you should start intermediate training.
>>
If I over train and I take a week or two off while still bulking, will I grow muscle or will it just be turned into fat?
>>
>>42695568
Thanks! Well, last time I checked my body fat was around 2 months ago and it was 12% or so. I'd like to start bulking starting late October till January or February. Would that be enough to gain mass?
>>
>>42695600
Three months of training should get you some results, but remember the golden rule of cutting/bulking: If it keeps working, keep doing it.

People like to bulk during fall and winter, then cut during spring and summer for aesthetics.
>>
>>42695579
Thanks.
>>
Beginner runner question.

I started running recently, and days I can't run (ankle, calf pain) I walk at least an hour. I only managed to run 2km (15min). Since then I've been getting constant pain in my mid back.

Is this from poor core strength? How fix? Should I run through it or give it time to alleviate itself? How do I prevent this?
>>
>>42695667
Does it hurt less if you exercise? Continue running at a gentler pace.

Does it hurt more if you exercise? Take a fucking break and heal.

Also check your diet. Muscle pain is usually a lack of minerals. Take more magnesium and potassium supplements.
>>
>>42684755
Learn about your MRV and SRA curve
Learn the 7 principles of programming
>>
>>42695679
Kk common sense, I'll try that.
>>
How do you guys cook your chicken breast? I fry mine but I am not sure if that is healthy or not
>>
Any tips to improve power clean 1rms?

Ever since I started incorporating power cleans into my weekly routine my deadlift, squat and row strength have all increased. However I've been stuck at the same power clean weight for about 8 weeks now.
>>
File: you're_making_me_nervous.jpg (110KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
you're_making_me_nervous.jpg
110KB, 540x540px
Whenever I bench more than 90 % of BW for reps my left shoulder gets the bad kind of sore for a minute or two.
I already hit my rear delts and rotator cuffs a lot and I'm a hair stronger on bent over rows than bench. Is there anything else I can do to prevent pain and injury?
>>
>>42695732
>I fry mine but I am not sure if that is healthy or not
pan frying in a tablespoon of any healthy fat wont do any harm

I usually buy packages of 5 or 6 breasts with the skin still on. I bake them at 400F (200C) until they reach 165F (74C). Anywhere from 35-45 minutes depending on how large they are.

Rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper rubbed all over and under the skin for seasoning. Never get tired of it, I have a breast with a garden salad for lunch every day.
>>
>>42695505
Avoid failing on a cut, your capacity for recovery is already compromised by a calorie deficit.
>>
My lower back feels tight a lot of the time.

How do I differentiate between a SI-joint or lumbar issue?
>>
Couple of questions:

1. I'm stalling once or twice in a row on some exercises before improving in only a month and half on 5x5 whilst doing a -500 calorie cut on account of being obese. I thought my body could make up the difference but it seems like it really is making strength gains slower just like it would for anyone else.

2. Is the reason the protein requirement on a cut is so high is so you minimise muscle loss?

3. Does the sticky seriously expect me to eat 330 protein daily (220lbs * 1.5) on a cut of 2000 calories? I can manage about 250g protein most days with half kilo chicken breast and half kilo ground beef/lean mince.
>>
>>42696496
1. weight loss is the primary goal here until you are no longer obese. It sucks your lifts aren't going up, but as long as your weight keeps going down you are still doing the right thing.
You can try different rep ranges, form check, etc if it really bugs you

2. yes, mostly, also cause it make you (or me, in any case) feel fuller and not spike insulin like simple carbs do.

3. pretty sure you more acurately calculate protein need by pound of lean bodyweight, not total weight. Tho 220 might already be your lean bodyweight, in which case, damn u fat
>>
Lost my motivation to get big and strong, been lifting 4-5 years now and I just want to cut and be lean.

What's a good split to try whilst I cut, I want something that will expend most calories so I don't have to do as much cardio.
>>
If muscles are fed by nutrients carried in the blood, and cardio increases the efficiency with which blood is pumped around the body, does cardio increase gains?
>>
Does the time I go to bed actually matter as long as I sleep 8 hours a day?
>>
>>42688457
Are you talking about protein intake? It has been proven in a study that it doesn't matter when you get the protein into you, as long as it's done at some point in the same day.

The hilarious thing is that the study was actually sponsored by a protein powder company if I recall correctly. They argued that you need to have protein as soon as possible after a workout to maximise gains and they agreed to publish the results even if they were wrong.

Well, it turns out they were wrong. It doesn't matter if you have protein spaced out through the day, after a workout or all at once just before bed. It does't make a difference.
>>
>>42696524
>1. weight loss is the primary goal here until you are no longer obese. It sucks your lifts aren't going up, but as long as your weight keeps going down you are still doing the right thing. . You can try different rep ranges, form check, etc if it really bugs you

Fair enough. I have lost about 12 pounds so far (having stated at 232), so in terms of weight loss it's doing the job splendidly, even though in the gym I've obviously stopped getting newbie gains

>2. yes, mostly, also cause it make you (or me, in any case) feel fuller and not spike insulin like simple carbs do

Makes sense. Thanks.

>3. pretty sure you more acurately calculate protein need by pound of lean bodyweight, not total weight. Tho 220 might already be your lean bodyweight, in which case, damn u fat

Definitely a chunky chappy
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (155KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
155KB, 362x447px
Been on a diet and doing some daily exercises like push ups and cardio during the week on my free time, I plan on hitting gym next week, so I have a few questions
>Weight
Went from 194lbs to 165lbs, around 75 kg, is this a good weight to start? Do I need to lose more?
>Clothes
What is the starter pack regarding clothes for a gym newbie?
>program
Plan on following the starting strenght recommended on the sticky, anything I should be aware of? Or should I start with something else?
>Cardio
Should I? For how long? Plan on using an exercise bike
>>
>>42696550
Consistency is the key, it doesn't matter if you go to bed at 3am and wake up at 11am, just make sure you're consistent with those times.
>>
>>42696589
almost all of this is dependent on what your personal goal is
Still fat? continue losing weight
Want to get strong? start lifting
Want to learn how to lift? start a beginner program. SS is fine, dont stay on it forever and dont neglect lagging bodyparts
Want to do cardio? then do cardio

>Clothes
Anything you feel comfortable in and doesn't restrict movement.
Things to look out for are your buttcrack or happytrail showing when doing certain lifts
>>
>>42696905
>Still fat? continue losing weight
75kg and skinny fat-tier,tho not as much as before, I'll continue on the diet and eating healthier
>cardio
Can I do cardio between my SS days? Like, Monday and Wednesday Gym, Tuesday 45 min cardio on my exercise bike, are there benefits to it or is it bad?

Thanks for tips Anon!
>>
>>42696963
>cardio
again, this depends on WHAT YOU WANT TO DO

cardio will improve your cardiovascular system (duh) and is generally good for you health. It also expends more energy so you lose weight faster.
Spending more of your exercise time on cardio means less time lifting and thus less strength/gains.

figure out the balance you want
>>
>>42697019
So I need to look for a balance, thanks Anon
>>
>>42692390
>flex your boner, make it jump up and down
You can flex your boner down?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.