[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I lose body fat without losing muscle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: fat.jpg (558KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
558KB, 3000x2000px
How do I lose body fat without losing muscle?
>>
>>42684178
Drugs
>>
>>42684178
i don't even know if you have muscle. just go hard on losing weight and build muscle after. regardless you'll have monster calves/legs if you're that heavy.
>>
>>42684212
this isn't OP I don't think
>>
>>42684212
yea but he should be lifting while losing weight
>>
I'll give you a real answer:

Calories in vs. calories out is a meme, it gives the right outcome 9 times out of 10. For normies, its an accurate enough doctrine for them to follow to achieve there 'health' goals, and similarly to how high school students in physics class use rounded figures for gravity in their calculations can get 'good enough' answers to 'how far jimmy's football will go', if the same inaccuracies were extrapolated out to real world issues like building a bridge, that bridge would probably collapse. So calories works for beginners.

Hormonal balance is the body is the real answer to fat loss and muscle gain, and here is my main point: YOU CAN 100% BUILD MUSCLE WHILST LOOSING FAT.

Its all about controlling the hormone insulin, getting enough protein and having periods of intermittent fasting.
>Eat at a calorie deficit of about 500 kcals
>Eat 1g of protein per pound of body weight
>Only eat very high fibre carbs with low GI
>Get enough fat in your diet to support testosterone
>Fast for 16 hours per day

ALTERNATIVELY

>Do keto
>Eat high protein
>>
>>42684178
If I were you I wouldn't worry about losing muscle.
If you look like this, your #1 priority in your life should be losing fat. If you lose muscle and fat and end up looking like a dyel skeleton it'd still be 100 times better than your pic brah.
Best wishes dude, you can do this.
>>
Pretty easy. Eat morning carbs for energy (bowl of steel cut oats) and then eat nothing more than the amount if lean meat (chicken breast, etc) you require to take in .75 x (your bodyweight in lbs) grams of protein

Saturday and Sunday eat at somewhere around maintenance calories instead, don't eat utter bullshit like ice cream and soda, but you can be more lenient with meals and eat whatever here

Take fish oil, vitamin d, and like a multivitamin. Drink lots of water.

Quick fat loss, minimal muscle loss.

You'll fail a diet this tough for sure though, so do something more manageable
>>
>>42684397
i think that "eat X for each 1kg of your bw" doesn't work like that when you're fat.
If you were all muscle no fat then i would agree with that but since you can only tear so much muscle and everything else is fat you really don't need to eat 150g of protons when you're 150kg of raw fat.
It just doesn't make sense to me, you're not gonna magically replace the fat with muscle in one night.
>>
>>42684178
>How do I lose body fat without losing muscle?
impossible

even on steroids you still lose bit of muscle, it's terrifying to even think about cutting natty
>>
>>42684640

Nope, completely wrong.

If you supplement with high levels of protein people above 25% BF can lose large amounts of weight and build muscle at the same time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10838463

Obviously the more trained you are, the harder it is to do, but for the undertrained and overfat it is easy to lose weight and build muscle if you eat your protons and lift.
>>
File: 1500109165265.jpg (1MB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
1500109165265.jpg
1MB, 1300x867px
30%carbs
30%fats
40%protein
1k cal deficit per day
>>
>>42684397
how the fuck are you suppose to consume 120+ grams of protein in one meal then fast for 16 hours?
>>
>>42684240 is me

Should I lose fat or just focus all on gaining muscle now?
>>
Like this apparently

http://www.buro247.com.au/culture-lifestyle/health-and-fitness/10-ways-to-burn-more-calories-without-even-exercis.html
>>
>>42684178
High protein, work out hard, don't cut too fast
>>
>>42684625
It has always been 1g protein per 1lb LEAN MASS. Protein companies and confused Bros just fucked it up.

AAS users that are very high lean mass as much as 1.5g/lean lb
>>
>>42684178
if you look even remotely like pic related then 'losing muscle' should be last of your concerns
>>
>>42684397
does it hurt being that stupid
>>
>>42684788
Sorry forgot there was 16 hours in a day
>>
>>42684788
CMON
>>
>>42684178
eat more protein, 1-1.5g per lb of weight, and do weight training. If you ONLY diet and/or cardio, you will lose muscle.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.