[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diet/Food redpills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: carbs-are-killing-yo-large-1.jpg (190KB, 642x1097px) Image search: [Google]
carbs-are-killing-yo-large-1.jpg
190KB, 642x1097px
So I'm starting to eat organic now but what I wanted to know, is there a real benefit? It seems quite shilled in American TV shows and other media I see, but in the UK alot of people believe it to be fabricated by farmers to charge more on produce.

Give us all you food and diet redpills please.
>>
>>42684126
The standard for food quality is vastly higher in the UK than the USA.
I mean fuck, the UK outright bans genetically modified foods for human consumption.
American produce is roughly 90% gmo, just as an example.

Eat organic, I've never had a stomach ache etc ever since.
But yeah it's a little bit more expensive but worth it imo.
If you don't really care all too much then that's cool though.
>>
>>42684126
All carbs whole wheat/brown and sweet potatoes. There. Problem solved.
>>
>>42684126
this pictures you posted, is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
That's some Gary Taubes level bullshit
>>
>>42684126
>ITS FAT
>ITS CARBS
>ITS SUGAR
>ITS MEAT
Its fucking calories.

God fucking damn, why can people not handle the basic god damn concept of calories.
>>
>>42684126

>fat from your meal

so if I don't eat fat in the meal I can eat those carbs?
>>
>>42684220
Eating a zero-fat meal isn't a comprehensible concept to low-carbers or fatties
>>
>>42684215
To be fair foods are metabolized differently and can have temporary effects on how we metabolize any food thereafter. The calories in alcohol are just calories too, but consuming alcohol will still temporarily impair protein synthesis, not to mention the short lived estrogen boost.

But putting that aside, health exists outside the parameters of weight alone.

Partially hydrogenated fats are "just calories" too, but whether or not you eat enough of it to become a fat fuck doesn't matter, it will always wreck havoc on your arteries.
>>
>>42684260
wreak havoc*
Sorry I'm a brainlet
>>
>>42684260
The problem is obesity

The solution is knowing how fucking calories work

Its not rocket science. Its basic thermodynamics.
>>
>>42684270
Too bad low-carbers have been arguing for 30 years that insulin causes obesity regardless of calorie intake
>>
>>42684278
Companies that rely on junk food, sugar and other high calorie crap dont want people to know the truth.
>>
>>42684270
>The problem is obesity
Sure, but let's not pretend that humans can absorb calories from fibers or complex carbohydrates at the same rate that we can absorb calories from fats or refined sugars.

10g of pure fat and 22.5g of complex carbs have the same caloric value, but you're not going to metabolize them the same.

It's not rocket science, it's biochemistry my dude.
>>
>>42684147
I have ibs, is organic really that good on the bowel?
>>
>>42684260
really nice articulation
>>
>>42684126

Eating organic is the best diet. It's inexpensive here in the U.K providing you buy it from the right places and I can't stress that enough.

If you go to a supermarket and buy organic it's overpriced and probably not organic. Going to a small family run shop in town and the market square on the other hand massively undercuts supermarkets. Build a rapport with the owners and low and behold you get more pennies off.

Americans: don't fall for Walmarts shenanigans
>>
>>42684126
listen up man, don't you EVER fucking say that about rice.
I eat 5 cups a day and I'm dropping from 10 to 8. So go with your keto meme and shove it up your tiny dickhole
>ya know jimbo, if you actually fucking lifted, maybe your body could METABOLIZE carbs for muscle instead of sending it to fat stores. Crazy, right?
>>
>>42684147
>GMO is inherently bad

Redpill was the name of the game, not ostrich-head-in-sand
>>
>>42684126
>muh carb boogeyman
>muh carbs made me fat :((( its all the carbs fault
Overeating is the problem. 1000 calories of carbs does not make you fat, 1000 calories of anything does not make you fat. 1000 calories ABOVE the amount you should be eating is what makes you fat.
How the fuck is this so hard for people to understand holy fuck
>>
>>42684147
>gmo's turn proteins into carbs
>>
>>42684434
I never see shit sold as "organic" in the market. Ain't it just the stuff that wasn't sold to the supermarkets?
>>
>>42684959
>B-B-But I have never actually grown crops or really have an understanding of GMOs I just know they are BAD! You know, they aren't all natural man. Everyone knows humans playing god will never end up good, scientists, farmers, and store owners are out to get us.
>>
>>42684173
yeah keep telling us that Sugar industry
>>
>>42684126
low-carb is retarded. maybe we should go low-liquid and stop drinking water because soda is unhealthy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.